Office chairs for WFH are a great way to stay productive and comfy at home.
If you’re looking for an office chair to complete your work-from-home setup, then odds are, you spend the vast majority of your time sitting down.
While that’s not always a bad thing—especially if you have a predilection towards exercise—it means you need a quality chair.
Office chairs aren’t all created equally and some are more of a quality build than others, however, for a WFH enthusiast, it has to be ergonomically supportive for those long, winding hours, so that you don’t go to bed racked with body pain.
In this product guide, I will go over:
- My #1 pick for the best, work-from-home office chair
- Why do office chairs need ergonomic support
- What makes a good office chair?
If your stay-at-home job requires you to sit in a chair all day, then style needs to take a back seat to comfort and ergonomics.
That doesn’t mean you should go out and by the world’s ugliest chair by any means, but you get the point.
Office chairs are a dime a dozen and that’s why we are here, to separate the wheat from the chaff so you don’t have to.
With that being said, the following is our list of the five best office chairs for wfh people:
Top 5 Best Office Chairs For WFH:
- Herman Miller Mirra 2 (Best High-End)
- Ticova Ergonomic Office Chair (Best Budget Chair)
- Humanscale Liberty Task Chair (Best Overall)
Why Do Office Chairs Need Ergonomic Support?
It’s not healthy to sit in a chair for hours on end—and yes, that even includes a solid, ergonomic chair—no matter how you look at it.
However, a chair designed with ergonomic support gives you an additional layer of back and spine support for those long sessions.
Several studies have determined that 60 - 75 minutes of daily exercise counteracts the effects of sitting for the vast majority of the day.
Read More >> Best Velvet Office Chairs (2021 Review)
The added benefit of ergonomic support is to keep your posture and spine in alignment, but you definitely have to get up and move around from time to time.
What Makes A Good Office Chair?
Cheap office chairs will do the trick for short periods of time and it’s not as if most of them aren’t designed for comfort.
The problem is the longevity of the chair. You not only need a good, comfortable, and supportive chair, you need one that is going to last.
It’s sort of a case of getting exactly what you pay for. There is a lot more going on inside a standard office chair than you think.
Read More >> Best Computer Chairs for Long Hours
That’s especially true of the wheels, the ball bearings, and the pneumatics for adjusting the up and down, along with reclining and armrests.
What To Look For In A Quality, Office Chairs For WFH
The ergonomic features of a WFH chair should be upfront in terms of importance.
You’re going to be spending a lot of time in this thing so it needs to support your spine, neck, shoulders, and hips for an extended period of time each day.
You also want something that’s going to last. Although you can find great deals on quality office chairs, you don’t want to spend that kind of money on a consistent basis. Reviews are important.
It’s not always easy to tell how durable something is until you hear from others.
Is There A Difference Between Office Chairs For WFH And Office Chairs?
Absolutely not. The only difference is what you can get away with within the comfort of your own home, versus what you can in an office environment.
Regardless of how comfortable and stylish it is, most offices aren’t going to let you drag in your La-Z-Boy reclining office chair.
Read More >> Breakdown Of Drafting Chairs vs Office Chairs
The chairs featured on our list wouldn’t stand out in an office environment, with a lone exception, but they’re still extremely nice chairs that most office-type employers wouldn’t supply to their prairie dogs in their cubicles.
Office Chairs For WFH Reviewed
#1 Herman Miller Mirra 2 (Best High-End)
- Features: tilt limiter with seat angle adjustment, adjustable FlexFront seat, adjustable arms, AirWeave 2 woven suspension seat, and carpet casters. Seat Depth- 16.25-18 Inches
- Lightweight design, offering a combination of simplicity, flexibility, and personalized ergonomics
Herman Miller chairs are known for their extreme durability, maximum comfort and ergonomics, and their lavish expense.
The Herman Miller Mirra 2 is no exception and expect to fork over a pretty penny for this incredible office chair.
This thing comes with all of the bells and whistles, ergonomic back support, lumbar support, FlexFront adjustable seat depth, adjustable armrests, and more.
It keeps your body in a supportive alignment regardless of how much you decide to recline.
#2 Ticova Ergonomic Office Chair (Best Budget Chair)
- 【Adjustable Mesh Chair】You can adjust lumbar support height and depth; headrest height and angle; armrest height, angle, forward & backward; seat cushion height; tilting angle up to 130°and rocking resilience to your personal most comfortable position
- 【Ergonomic Backrest & Seat】Our adjustable backrest can perfectly fit your spine and significantly ease the fatigue and pain of your back. Also, our seat is made of 3 inches high density foam with W-shaped and waterfall-edge design, providing larger support area and disperse pressure on hip and thighs
You just can’t escape the fact that mesh chairs are so much better when it comes to keeping you cool and the Ticova is an excellent example.
With a reasonable price tag, the Ticova comes with an adjustable backrest with lumbar support.
Ticova also tried for a little innovation—successfully we might add—with their new, 3D, stainless steel, electroplated armrests.
There are three inches of high-density foam in the seat and a fully adjustable headrest with a 130° recline.
The lumbar support is a little bit overdone, however, so that will be entirely up to the comfort level of the user. Try it before you buy it.
#3 Humanscale Liberty Task Chair (Best Overall)
The best overall medal goes to the Humanscale Liberty Task Chair. It’s a pricey option but consider what you’re getting.
This is a minimalist style chair that somehow instantly demands your attention because it looks and feels like a seriously high-quality office chair.
It has automatic, weight-sensitive recline dynamics with a tri-mesh material encompassing most of the backrest.
The Liberty is covered in Corde 4 fabric and is one of the best chairs on the market in terms of ergonomic support and design.
- PREMIUM CUSHIONING: Ergonomic office chair with memory foam ComfortCore cushions that contour to your body
- FLEXIBLE AIR TECHNOLOGY: Lumbar cushions pivot when you move to support your back at every angle
La-Z-Boy attempted to carry over all of the things that fans love about their recliners into the design aspects of this office chair.
They succeeded to a large degree. This is a seriously comfortable chair, minus the mesh, anti-sweat backing.
The ergonomic design is padded with memory foam and wrapped in leather.
Pivoting lumbar cushions provide support no matter where you move your back and it supports up to 400lbs,
- 【ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR】- The ergonomic chair provides 4 supporting points(head/ back/ hips/ hands) and a proper lumbar support. It's easy to adjust seat height, headrest, backrest and flip-up arms to meet different needs, good for sitting long hours. Suitable for people of about 5'5" to 6'2".
- 【LARGE MESH SEAT】- The office chair is larger than other chairs, and it could accommodate different body build. The whole Chair Dimensions(including the arms): 25.6"W x 22"D x 45.3"-54.9"H, the Seat Dimensions: 20"W x 19.3"D x 18.5"-22.05"H. Loading Capacity: 280 lbs. The recline function makes you tilt the backrest back (90~120°) or sit straight freely.
This is the most high-tech-looking chair on our list. It barely falls outside of what most would consider being a gaming chair type of design.
Both the back and seat are designed with breathable, mesh material. Every type of adjustment imaginable is available here.
The Gabrylly offers excellent lumbar support as well. With 120° tilt function and flip-up armrests, it will be difficult to get uncomfortable in this chair.
It takes roughly 15 minutes to fully assemble and is abrasion-resistant.
These are hands-down some of the best work-from-home office chairs on the market today.
When it comes to working all day—even if you’re in front of your home desk—you need the best ergonomic support and function possible and these chairs check every box.
Last update on 2022-09-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API