Velvet office chairs are an interesting peace of furniture.
Velvet is a stylish material that can offer an elegant style along with durable functionality.
A lot of professionals want a chair made with velvet upholstery because of the attractiveness and long-lasting color and feel.
This article includes:
- The top 5 best velvet office chairs and their pros and cons
- Why you may want a velvet chair and the different types to choose from
- What to look for in the best options
Best Velvet Office Chairs
What are Velvet Office Chairs?
Velvet is a material known for looking classy without being overly pretentious. It also offers some other benefits that you may love.
Typically velvet is long lasting and easy to clean. Also offers a soft, warm texture that can be soothing to the touch and comes in a variety of different colors.
Finally, it is less likely to lose its color than many other upholstery materials so it can remain vibrant for years to come.
An office chair will usually have velvet covering the seat and backrest, but some have other features as well.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Heated Office Chairs
Let’s look at the different types of velvet office chairs that you may be interested in.
But first, check out this video with tips about velvet maintenance
What are the Different Types of Velvet Office Chairs?
There are different types of velvet office chairs to keep in mind. In addition to a regular velvet office chair, there are executive, mobile, ergonomic, recliner, and heavy-duty options to consider.
Let’s look at each of these types and what it has to offer in terms of features.
This type of velvet office chair doesn’t offer any astounding features, but works great nonetheless.
Many of them come in a wide variety of colors and they are usually fairly affordable. The frame does not have caster wheels, but may have four or more points for durability and sturdiness.
They also come in many different styles and shapes for comfort and taste.
This type is a little more elegant and high-end than standard velvet office chairs. They may have a higher backrest, more intricate upholstery or design, and fancier frame.
Often having iconic features that can highlight different styles of components like buttons, shapes, or colors.
Read More >> Breakdown Of Drafting Chairs vs Office Chairs
Also has larger cushions on the seat for additional comfort.
This type has caster wheels on the bottom of the frame so that you can easily move it around. This is an important feature for a lot of people.
You can easily scoot around the room without too much effort. Other than that, this type may fit into any of the other categories as well like executive or reclining.
This type looks like a typical office chair, but has a velvet upholstery.
Ergonomic chairs also have more features that you may not be able to find on the other options like a memory foam cushion, adjustable backrest, lumbar support, or headrest pillow.
This is a great choice for those who sit for long periods throughout the work week.
This type reclines back and many of them also have a footrest that extends from the underside of the chair.
This can be great for some people, but a lot of people will seldom use the recline feature while they are working.
If you do have time to lean back at work, then this could be a fantastic choice!
This type is more durable for a few reasons. Typically, the velvet material will be thicker so that it cannot wear down easily and may also have better attachments and seams.
The frame will also be reinforced to offer more support that will not wear down in the first few years of regular use.
This is also a good option for heavier people and many of them have a wider seat as well.
How Do Velvet Office Chairs Work?
Velvet is not a flat-woven fabric and requires more material and longer to produce.
Because of this, it can cost more than other types of office chairs, but there are also some great benefits.
It is woven together in a way that produces a softer texture that many people find appealing.
Not only that, but velvet is very durable and long-lasting. Even marks from continuous sitting will gradually go away.
Not only that, but rumors of hard to clean velvet are not based entirely in fact.
Any dry spills can easily be cleaned using a vacuum and many velvet office chairs are treated to repel liquids to ensure that it does not become damaged when you spill your morning coffee.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Kneeling Chairs (2021 Review)
What to Look for in the Best Velvet Office Chairs?
To make sure that you get a good velvet chair for your office, there are some things to look for.
Let’s look at some of the qualities of a really great velvet office chair.
Since velvet is a great material, you want to make sure that what you are paying for is actually well-made. One thing to look for is the seams and stitching.
A high-quality velvet chair will have thick threads, optimally spaced insertion spots, and plentiful material. It should be quite dense, but also retain the softness that velvet is known for.
Another thing to keep in mind is the color. While velvet can come in virtually any color, you will find some colors are much more common than others.
Make sure that it is a color you will be comfortable with for a long time if you plan on making the velvet last for years.
Mobility is another thing to keep in mind when you are shopping around for a velvet office chair.
Many velvet office chairs are very heavy and do not have wheels or any other features to help you move them around.
If you have more than one desk or need to move the chair often throughout the day, then your best bet is to get a lightweight option or one that has wheels.
You will also want to keep the height of the chair in mind.
While some velvet office chairs have adjustable height and will work for a wide range of people, some do not have these features.
Just make sure that it will work for you and anyone else that will be using the chair.
Finally, the support of velvet chairs can range greatly from one chair to the next.
Many of them have little to no lumbar support while others are too soft and do not help the user maintain good posture.
Read More >> Best Office Chairs for Sitting Crossed Legged?
Just make sure that the one you choose matches your body and your needs.
Best Velvet Office Chairs
- This comfortable office chair is both luxurious and practical. An attractive addition to your workspace, it will support your back and head while you work, and its adjustable height makes it suitable for anyone. Classic hooded casters make for easy mobility.
- Overall: 23"W x 29"D x 38.5"–40.5"H; adjustable seat height: 18.75"–20.75"
This luxury styled velvet office chair has casters for mobility and it has adjustable seat height from 18.75 inches to 20.75 inches.
It has oak-finished arms and base and the velvet is a relaxing gray color. It also has a 360 degree swivel and comes with a 3 year warranty.
- Adjustable height
- 30 day guarantee and 3 year warranty
- Luxurious style with gray velvet and oak-finish
- Have to tighten the screws every so often
- Assembly requires two people
- Arm rests are not comfortable
- Dimensions: 21.25"W x 24.75"D x 32.75" to 36.5"H
- Seat height: 16.75" - 20.5?
This affordable velvet chair is comfortable and has a great armless design.
It is height adjustable from 32.75 inches to 36.5 inches and is made with comfortable, soft velvet. With a beautiful gold colored base.
Also this chair is sturdy with a 250 pounds weight limit.
- Stylish design and color
- Height adjustable
- No armrests
- Poor caster wheel quality
- Upholstery isn’t as high quality as some options
- 【Style Design】: Features a Chic tufted buttons and enticing nail-head trim design. The velvet fabric upholstery is comfort and soft.
- 【Soft & Comfort】: High-density sponge cushion more flexible, with a high back design, it can provide good lumbar support makes you feel comfortable.
This height adjustable and high-quality velvet office chair has a supportive cushion, high back, and lumbar support design.
Also has tufted buttons and soft upholstery. It has a wooden base with caster wheels and an attractive, subdued finished appearance.
This chair is also wide and constructed for strength and durability.
- Comfortable with supportive cushion
- Great upholstery and tufted buttons
- Strong and durable
- Recline isn’t comfortable
- More expensive than other options
- Color is not for everyone
- FULL 1-YEAR WARRANTY. And free return within 30 days with quality issues. Easy care fabric and easy assemble which makes you laborsaving. If you have any problem, please contact us via email. We will help you solve all your issues within 24 hours.
- THICK PADDED SEAT with high quality velvet fabric can give more comfortable in the living guest room bedroom also help you enjoy your work at home.
This stylish chair comes in your choice of different colors and has tufted buttons and a high-quality design for an affordable price.
It also comes with a 1 year warranty and the padded seat is comfy. The base is strong and it can hold up to 250 pounds and even has nylon wheels to prevent scratching.
- Stylish and available in different colors
- Strong with 250 pound weight capacity
- Good wheels
- Can stain easier than some other options
- Not good for people with back problems
- May wobble some
- Comfortable Office Chair: High-density sponge and wide seat offer super support for your body.
- Adjustable Desk Chair: The height of this modern computer chair is adjustable that you can get your comfortable height easily. It is durable and sturdy, also very convenient in use.
This supportive, modern velvet chair is adjustable and also has wheels and comes in your choice of three different colors.
It also holds up to 287 pounds and has stylish buttons with a gold colored base. The cushion is thick and soft for great comfort.
- Strong with 287 pound weight limit
- Height adjustable
- Stylish and comfortable
- A little stiff (could be a good thing)
- Poor wheels
- Difficult assembly
Final Thoughts on Velvet Office Chairs
A lot of people like velvet office chairs because they emit a sense of luxury and elegance that is hard to get from other materials.
Plus, they can be durable and functional. There are also tons available from the most high-end to budget options for good lasting upholstery.
You are sure to find a good one to use for years to come!
Last update on 2021-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API