How to clean a gaming chair is a good question to ask due to the high-quality materials and ergonomic engineering that goes into a gaming chair.
Which makes cleaning gaming chairs something of a delicate issue.
You don’t want to damage your chair, but you want to ensure cleaners are strong enough to get rid of stains and other filth.
How To Clean a Gaming Chair
Use this guide to learn how to clean a gaming chair. However, you should always refer to the cleaning instructions provided by the manufacturer beforehand.
Read More >> Top 5 Best U Shaped Gaming Desks (2021 Review)
What You’ll Need
- Manufacturer’s Cleaning Instructions
- Handheld Vacuum
- Clean Rag or Heavy-Duty Towel
- Old Toothbrush
- Bucket of Warm Water
- Mild Dish Soap
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Cotton Balls
- Paper Towels
Verify the Materials
Determine if the chair’s makeup contains Fabric, Mesh and/or PU or PVC leather. Fabric and mesh may be able to handle stain removing spray.
Most leathers should have a special cleaner or solvent designed for it. In all cases, mild dish soap and warm water will suffice.
Read More >> How to Sit in a Gaming Chair?
Next, there should be a label under your chair that will indicate W, S or S/W. This indicates what substance to clean it with: W is water, S is solvent and S/W is both.
Steps & Guidelines
1. Vacuum: Get rid of all debris and dust by using a vacuum followed by a microfiber towel to ensure every particle disappears.
Fabric and mesh take longer because of their dust-collecting nature.
2. Soapy Water: Deep clean the chair with a soft sponge or clean rag to get rid of any stains. Do this right when a spill occurs.
Don't let the stain sit, it will become more difficult to remove.
3. Scrubbing: Depending on the material, you want to be careful with scrubbing. Leathers require liquids rubbed into the material with a soft sponge or rag.
But, you have to blot and use light circles with mesh. Avoid harsh rubbing on all surfaces to preserve color.
Read More >> Best Expensive Gaming Chairs (2021 Review)
4. Stubborn Stains: Use rubbing alcohol on tougher stains. Spray or dab a bit onto the surface of the chair and allow it to sit for a few seconds.
Wipe it down or dab it with a cotton ball and repeat until the stain disappears.
5. Wipe the Whole Chair: Take a sponge or rag with soapy water and clean all other areas. This includes stainless steel, plastic, silicone and other components.
Wipe these areas dry with a clean rag or paper towel.
6. Detailed Cleaning: You can either take your chair apart or use an old toothbrush to get into all the tight and narrow spaces.
Use soap and water if you have to.
7. Spray Disinfectant: Finish with some disinfectant spray to kill any potential germs or bacteria and to give it a fresher smell.
Read More >> Best Mesh Gaming Chairs (2021 Review)
Final Notes on How to Clean a Gaming Chair
When cleaning your chair, you want to be thorough and, at the same time, careful. This will be especially true with more delicate materials, like mesh.
Before cleaning your chair, fully educate yourself on the chair’s materials. This way you’ll keep it in tip-top shape while ensuring it stays in good condition for many years to come.