Investing in a U-shaped gaming desk can be a great place to get away from the world and immerse yourself in the gaming experience. They can also be useful for work because of the features and style that they offer.
This article covers:
- The top 5 best u-shaped gaming desks and their pros and cons
- The different types and how they work
- What to look for in the best ones
Best U-Shaped Gaming Desks
- Tribesigns Rustic U Shaped Corner Computer Gaming Desk (Best Budget)
- EUREKA ERGONOMIC L Shaped Gaming Desk (Best High End)
What are U-Shaped Gaming Desks?
A gaming desk is a desk made for playing video games and they are designed for comfort and functionality.
A lot of gamers will play games for hours on end and these desks are made to make that prolonged experience as immersive and relaxing as possible.
Gaming desks are often styled with modern, contrasting colors and sleek designs. They may have mouse pad surfaces on the desktops, cupholders, or other features that can help gamers play without lag.
But most of them are rectangular, which does not give the room for large monitors or multiple monitors as well as multiple computers or consoles.
Read More >> How to Fit Two Monitors on a Small Desk
A u-shaped desk gives you more space around you while you sit at the helm of the gaming encounter. This can make it easier to fit and see multiple screens around you and reduces potential distractions so you have the advantage in competitive action.
Check out this video to learn how to set up your gaming desk for ergonomics and playability.
What are the Different Types of U-Shaped Gaming Desks?
There are a few different types of gaming desks constructed in the shape of a u to keep in mind.
In addition to standard u-shaped desks, there are two-tiered, double L-shaped, and double u-shaped to keep in mind. Let’s check out what each one has to offer.
This is a u-shaped desk that offers style and features that appeals to gamers. They are often wider than non-gaming desks so that you can fit monitors, keyboards, and other gaming materials on them.
Their design is often colored brightly and some even light up with colors. They are also likely to have cable management features and may even have cup holders.
These are great for gaming because they put the monitor up on a second tier. This makes space beneath the monitor and can be more ergonomic or easier to see the screen.
Sometimes the tier is only large enough to fit a single monitor and other times there are two separated tiers at different parts of the desk. There are even some that have a wraparound second tier that goes around the entire u-shape.
This is not really a u-shaped desk, but a lot of gamers like to combine two l-shaped gaming desks to make their own u-shape. This can have some advantages. For one, you can buy them separately if you do not have the entire u-shape in your budget.
There are also more size options and you can use different types of desks. Finally, you can even leave space in the middle of them to place a shelf, cabinet, CPU, or anything else you may want.
This type forms the shape of two u-shapes. This can be great for those who game with another person because it separates the two whole also allowing for communication.
You can also use this type if you have two different gaming set-ups that you want to utilize. The two desk areas will share the same middle arm, but have their own front facing and outside desktop surfaces to use.
Read More >> Top 5 Best U Shaped Desks
How Do U-Shaped Gaming Desks Work?
Gaming can be fun, but sometimes we sit at a gaming desk without much movement for hours on end. This can be unhealthy and strain the back, shoulders, neck, eyes, and more.
A gaming desk can make it more ergonomic and comfortable and even puts the monitor at a good location to see the screen without straining your muscles or eyes.
They also fit great with the gaming experience because they have features like cupholders, cable management, keyboard trays, second tiers, and more that gamers can benefit from. Some even have desktop surfaces that work as a mousepad.
The u-shape makes the experience more immersive because it places you at the helm of the action. You can look in different directions if you have multiple monitors and can play games without having any distractions.
The desktop surface can also make it easier to reach multiple controllers, microphones, keyboards, or more. Some are even large enough for two people to share.
What to Look for in the Best U-Shaped Gaming Desks
There are a lot of desks to choose from, so how do you know that you will pick the best u-shaped gaming desk for you? Well, frankly, you don’t know. But there are some things that you can keep in mind that will help make it more likely that you get a good option.
First, size is a huge factor if you are using any desk for gaming. Different gamers use different set-ups, monitor sizes, keyboards or controllers, and more.
Make sure that the entire size of the desk will comfortably accommodate all of your gaming materials, but that it isn’t too big to where it makes it uncomfortable to see the screens or reach portions of the desk that you need to access.
Another component is the immersive aspect. Gamers like to have an immersive area to get really into the games. You do not want to be distracted by other people or things around the rest of the room or area where you place the desk.
Two-tiered desks or those that have shelves can reduce distractions. Other features can help as well so you do not have to get away from the screen as often.
Some u-shaped desks are single pieces, while others are made of two or more pieces for the desktop. This is important to take into account, especially if you use a mouse while gaming. You never want the small crevices between the pieces to prevent you from smooth movements.
Finally, cable management may also be important. You do not want a bunch of clutter around your gaming area and gamers have a tendency to use a lot of wires for their set up. Some have cable management trays or grommets.
Read More >> How to Hide Cords on a Desk
Others actually have a power bar to plug things into the desk, which can be really useful.
Best U-Shaped Gaming Desks
#1 Walker Edison Modern Corner U Shaped Glass Gaming Command Center
- With a contemporary and modern design style to coordinate with your home’s current décor style
- With a polished and beveled tempered safety glass top
This u-shaped desk has a glass desktop and the frame comes in 4 different colors and 3 different styles. The glass desktop is polished and beveled tempered safety glass and the frame is steel with a powder-coated finish.
It also has a keyboard tray and a CPU stand. Finally, you also have the option of buying half of the desk to make a l-shaped one.
- Color and style options
- Keyboard tray and CPU stand
- Durable and sturdy
- Glass held onto frame with suction cups
- No cable management features
- Small keyboard tray and no easy way to instal other trays or drawers
#2 Tribesigns Rustic U Shaped Corner Computer Gaming Desk
- 【2 IN 1 L-DESK】: The U-shaped desk is a wonderful multi-functional workstation integrating L shaped desk and printer stand. It is an efficient use of space in a cubicle or cramped office, providing a large working surface in a small footprint. U desk is suitable for den, bedroom, living room and office, can be served as a computer table, office workstation, study table, writing desk or gaming desk.
- 【U SHAPE SURFACE】: 79"(L) x 47"(W) x 20"(D) dimension offers wider space to fit your laptop, PC, keyboard, desk accessories. It also provides a plenty of space for drafting, gaming setup and other office activities.
This u-shaped desk comes in your choice of two colors and has a mobile CPU stand as well. It is 79 inches long, 47 inches wide, and 20 inches deep, which is great for gaming.
The desktop is water and dust resistant and easy to clean and also has a round angle on one of the arm edges.
This u-shaped desk can hold a lot of materials while remaining sturdy with a weight limit of 450 pounds. Finally, it has adjustable feet to ensure that the desk is level.
- Sturdy with 450 pound weight limit
- CPU stand and storage area under desktop
- Adjustable feet
- No cable management or keyboard tray
- Difficult to assemble
- May chip easily
#3 EUREKA ERGONOMIC L Shaped Gaming Desk
- Large Gaming Surface: The Eureka gaming desk has a wide 60"W x 43"D L-shape carbon fiber textured desktop with plenty of surface for your gaming monitors, gaming keyboard, and other gaming gears; Desk Height 30"; The L shaped design of the gaming desk can effectively use the corner space while provides plenty of legroom for rest and storage
- Multifunctional Design: The Eureka L60 Gaming Desk comes with an integrated power strip holder and two cable grommets with armor designed, getting that tangled mess of cords under control; Ensures your best performance during gaming. Can be used as home office desk, study writing desk for childrens teens in bedrooms or living room
This is an l-shaped desk, but gamers will often buy two of them to make their own u-shaped desk. It has a 60 inch carbon fiber textured desktop with plenty of area for all gaming equipment.
It also has a power strip storage box and two cable grommets. Each l-shaped desktop is made of two pieces.
- Stylish and strong
- Sturdy with extra large feet
- Power strip box and cable grommets
- Need to buy two for u-shape
- Each l-shape is made of two pieces
- More expensive than other options
#4 Tribesigns 126 inch Double Computer Desk
- ✔【Vintage Industrial U Shaped Two Person Desk】: Rustic brown wood with an old-time classic appearance that bring both beauty and function to your home office, workspace, study room, home studio
- ✔【126 inch Extra Long Double Computer Workstation】: This U shaped large desk is a combination of two l shaped desks, 55”(L) x 51”(W) two large individual desks provide spacious space for two person working side by side without interrupting each other
This is a double u-shaped desk, which is great for those gamers who play with another person.
It has a middle shelf that is large enough to fit two CPUs and the middle arm is shared by both players. It is sturdy and made with .6 inch particle boards.
- CPU shelf
- Sturdy design
- Large double u-shape
- May chip easily
- Multi piece desktops
#5 Merax U-Shaped Gaming Table Workstation
- U-shaped Design:The U-shaped desk is specifically designed to meet small room. The two rectangular panels form an L-shaped angle and could fit in the corner to maximize your space. The right panel is designed with arc shape to provide extra storage space.
- Industrial Simple Style:The simple lines and seamless silhouette design highlights a minimalist industrial style. With rustic brown finished surface contrasting against black legs, this computer desk will add rustic industrial charm to your office.
This desk comes in your choice of two different colors and also comes with a CPU stand.
It is large enough for two to three monitors or computers and is sturdy with a thickened stainless steel frame. It also has adjustable foot pads and a textured surface that is easy to clean.
- Textured desktop comes in two different color options
- CPU stand
- Sturdy steel frame
- May chip easily
- Difficult assembly
- Basic design with limited features
Final Thoughts on U-Shaped Gaming Desks
A gaming desk can be a great choice and u-shaped options can be great for an immersive, distraction-free experience.
There are several different types as well as all sorts of features and design options that you may want to consider. You can even choose to purchase two l-shaped desks if you want. There is surely one that fits your budget!
Last update on 2022-12-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API