Office chairs for a music studio is the perfect choice.
But One thing is for certain—when it comes to working in a music studio—you’re going to spend a lot of time sitting in an office chair.
You’re going to know and understand that chair intimately and for the chair’s sake, it had better be a good one.
To deal with the long days spent in a music studio, whether you’re playing, producing, listening, etc., you want the best.
But which ones are the best of the bunch? There are a lot of office chairs out there that fit the bill and we’ve done the job of narrowing them down.
In this product review guide, I will go over:
- My #1 pick for the best studio office chair
- Why a comfortable, ergonomic office chair matters in a music studio
- How the best office chairs for studios can help with back pain
It’s a matter of time before posture and lack of ergonomic relief takes a toll on your body, especially if you’re spending inordinate amounts of time sitting down throughout the day.
So here’s my list of the best office chairs for a music studio:
Top 5 Best Office Chairs For a Music Studio
What Are Office Chairs For A Music Studio?
Studio office chairs aren’t actually labeled as chairs that are only for studios.
It is just understood that certain types of office chairs are better or preferred for use when in a music studio.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Video Editing Desks (2021 Review)
Working in a music studio, like any other office environment, requires you to sit for long periods of time, whether you’re writing, producing, listening to a group or single that’s been brought in, or directing.
Are There Different Types of Office Chairs For a Music Studio?
No office chair is created equally. There are cheap and luxuriant versions and ones for ergonomic comfort or grandiose displays of wealth.
We aren’t looking for those chairs that are representatives of some sort of status.
What we’re looking for are the best office chairs for a long day in the studio. That means comfort, ergonomics, reliability, and durability.
Read More >> Best Triple Monitor Mounts (2021 Review)
Flash, style, and aesthetics are all secondary to that purpose.
What To Look For In The Best Office Chairs For Music Studio Work?
Mostly, it’s a matter of ergonomics. If you’re hard at work in a music studio, your art and creativity can often get away from you and create a sort of time bubble.
Inside that time bubble, you’re doing your thing as time blows by, all while usually sitting in a chair.
Read More >> Best Office Chairs for Heavy People (2021 Review)
The things to look for are the ergonomic efficiency of a chair. Is it comfortable? Will it last a long time? Will it relieve back pain? Those are all important functions of a good office chair, whether it is a budget chair or a premium brand.
Are Studio Office Chairs Different Than Usual Office Chairs?
At the end of the day, these are still office chairs, as useful in an office environment as they are at home, behind your computer, or gaming.
Read More >> Best Reclining Office Chairs (2021 Review)
They just happen to be the best choices for working in a studio.
Office Chairs For A Music Studio Reviewed
- Your purchase includes One Herman Miller Aeron Ergonomic Chair – Size B, graphite color
- Chair dimensions: 41" H x 27" W x 16.75" D. Seat heights: 16”-20.5”.
If looks alone could tell the tale, this chair would be just like any other. Aesthetically, it doesn’t stand out from the crowd and looks just like any other chair.
However, this behemoth will run you a cool $1,000 minimum and is considered to be the magnum opus of office chairs.
The tilt limiter gives you three, different degrees of reclining comfort, along with tension control that actually gives you control over how much effort you have to put into reclining.
Backrest is designed for a high degree of ergonomic comfort.
Everything about the Herman Miller Aeron is designed for full, customizable control. There’s simply no position that you can’t set it to that will satisfy your preference and comfort.
- Features: tilt limiter with seat angle adjustment, adjustable FlexFront seat, adjustable arms, AirWeave 2 woven suspension seat, and carpet casters. Seat Depth- 16.25-18 Inches
- Lightweight design, offering a combination of simplicity, flexibility, and personalized ergonomics
This is our best overall pick simply because it retains most of the features of the Herman Miller Aeron without requiring you to take out a second mortgage to pay for it.
The Herman Miller Mirra 2 is ergonomically similar to its cousin with a FlexFront seat and adjustable arms.
For all of its features, it is a very lightweight seat, which can be irritating at times when you’re making adjustments and not putting the whole of your body weight into the seat.
It has a butterfly back which is designed to align with your spine for premium back comfort.
Also comes with a feature called Fixed Seat Depth, which makes you feel like you are sitting in deep leather, rather than the mesh material that it’s really made out of.
As well as a 12-year, 3-shift warranty
- ERGONOMIC SUPPORT - Sit relaxed in a thoughtfully designed computer chair. Padded armrests, lumbar support, height adjustment, and tilt control make Lattice a supportive, ergonomic desk chair choice
- OFFICE UPDATE - Make a statement with a generously padded task chair that completes the modern office space. The design makes it a stylish choice for conference tables, computer desks and dorm rooms
Our best budget pick is a really good one for the price. This office chair comes with excellent ergonomic support, with a fully padded back, seat, and armrests.
It has easy mobility and is the most aesthetically pleasing office chair of the entire group.
Also comes with full lumbar support, height and arm adjustment, and tilt control so you can recline to your degree of comfort.
Although, it is a little bit on the smallish side and it comes in only two colors, black and white.
- ★ MORE ADJUSTABLE THEN ANY OTHER CHAIR IN ITS CLASS - Thanks to our uniquely designed mechanism, this state-of-the-art office chair is more adjustable than almost all office chairs on the market. you can be assured of finding the perfect comfortable seating position just for you. You can adjust the headrest height and angle. Lumbar support height and depth. Armrest height and distance from seat; the seat height; the backrest tilt; and the tilt tension
- ★ BREATHABLE MESH - The breathable mesh back on this ergonomic office chair provides support while keeping your back cool and comfortable. Cool air circulates through the mesh keeping your back sweat-free and allowing you to sit in the chair comfortably for longer periods of time compared to traditional chairs
Duramont claims that this is the single most adjustable chair in its size group and perhaps they’re right because there is a great degree of adjustment available here.
There is a good amount of adjustment capability with the head and shoulders.
This chair was designed for the ultimate ergonomic relief with the adjustable qualities of the back, lumbar, and seat so you can find the perfect degree of comfort no matter how you are sitting.
It’s completely covered in breathable mesh so you don’t have to worry about profusely sweating after a long day in the studio.
Also easy to install but the ball bearings have a tendency to come out over a long period of time.
- This sleek drafting chair is all the rave - It is fashioned with a deluxe mesh back for breathability and a height adjustable 18.25" footring to accommodate any size
- It features built-in lumbar support and thick padded fabric seat, along with a heavy duty nylon base with dual wheel carpet casters
This chair has more of the look of a barstool chair with a mesh back.
However, it maintains plenty of comfort with the anti-sweat, mesh material on the backrest, and an extra comfortable foot ring.
It has a comfortable feeling seat that’s made out of vinyl and comes with full lumbar support.
The one-touch, pneumatic controls are a nice addition and make for quick and easy position changes.
It’s important to have the best and most comfortable chair that you can get your hands on when you’re looking ahead to a long day in the studio.
Whether it’s the uber-expensive Herman Miller Aeron or the Modway Lattice, these office chairs have you covered for the long term.
Last update on 2022-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API