Interested in learning about the best video editing desks? In this product review guide, I will go over...
- My #1 top pick for the video editing desk (plus 4 more great options)
- What are the different types of video editing desks and how do they work
- What to look for in the best video editing desks
Let’s get started!
Our Top 5 Best Video Editing Desks?
- SHW L-Shaped Home Office Wood Corner Desk (Best Budget Option)
- Studio C 72W x 30D L Shaped Desk with Mobile File Cabinet (Best High End)
- Vari Electric Standing Desk - Dual Motor Sit to Stand Desk (Best Versatility)
- FLEXISPOT Height Adjustable Standing Desk Converter (Best Extended Warranty)
What Are Video Editing Desks?
Video editing desks or workstations are usually designed to have enough space to hold multiple screens, alongside other important video editing and computer equipment that you’ll need.
They also will often come with storage space, monitor shelves for different height placement, and cable management features.
The desk should also be ergonomically designed so you can work comfortably, even during longer video editing sessions.
What Are The Different Types of Video Editing Desks?
There is a wide range of desks available that are suitable for video editing, with some offering more features than others.
Video editing desks are available in various configurations, from standard desks that are usually rectangular in shape, L-shaped desks, and U-Shaped desks which are great for multiple monitor angles.
Some desks will even allow you to adjust from a seated to a standing position, and then there are ‘Smart desks’ that will prompt you when it’s time to change position or take a break.
How Does A Video Editing Desk Work?
For an editing desk to allow you to work efficiently, it first needs to be large enough to easily mount multiple large monitors, and all of the other equipment you use for video editing.
Read More >> How to Fit Two Monitors on a Small Desk
Besides ample space for the monitors, you’ll also need a dedicated space for editing equipment such as the play/record deck, other editing accessories such as a tablet, editing keyboard, color grading panels, speakers, and microphones.
What To Look For In The Best Video Editing Desks?
Size and sturdiness are the two most important factors when looking for a video editing desk.
Ensure that your desk has more than enough space for all of the equipment you’re planning to use.
The equipment should also be within easy reach for operation, so avoid desks that are too deep or too shallow that may make reaching for equipment uncomfortable.
Look for other features such as monitor mounts or cable management to help keep all the equipment and cables neat, as well as be protected from damage.
Read More >> Standing Desk Cable Management Accessories
Storage areas should be in a convenient location but allow for video editing activities and equipment to be in the primary work zone.
Design and aesthetics:
Design and aesthetics will also play an important role when you’re choosing the right desk.
It’s an expensive piece of kit for any home or professional studio so getting it right and planning the aesthetics of the room is also important.
With this in mind, video editing desks are available in a wide variety of materials and finishes, from laminated wood finishes to gloss or matte spray-painted panels, most will also be made with sturdy steel legs.
Check this video out for desk setups:
Best Video Editing Desks Reviewed
Let’s take a look in detail at my top picks for the best video editing desks.
- Dimensions: 28.25” H x 51” L x 20” L, Keyboard tray: 3” H x 11.75” D x 21” L
- 2 side surfaces support up to 50 Ibs. each, corner top surface supports up to 20 Ibs., and keyboard tray supports up to 10 Ibs.
I love this desk because it’s available in an L-shaped configuration and is made with tempered safety glass that is easily cleaned.
Each panel holds up to 50 pounds and is supported by a durable powder-coated steel frame. A pull-out keyboard tray is also featured it can be fitted to either side of the L-shaped panels.
- Versatile configuration options
- Sturdy steel frame
- Very affordable
- Limited 30-day warranty
- Some assembly is required
- No cable holes
- L-shaped corner computer desk saves space in home office, dorm room
- Material: Espresso,wood grain laminated Environmental particle board.
This simple but reliable desk is made using wood grain laminated particle board. The L-Shaped structure provides ample space for multiple monitors and video editing equipment.
The desktop is 51" W x 19.7" D which makes it an ideal seated-position editing desk for those on a budget. It has plenty of open storage shelves on each end and also has 2 cable grommets for easy cable management.
- Very affordable
- Large L-shaped desktop
- Good leg space and room for a notepad
- Full assembly is required
- No option to stand up while working
- Thermally fused laminate finish fends off scratches and stains to protect the office furniture set
- L Shaped Desk surface offers space to spread out and integrated cable management to conceal computer cords
This feature-packed desk offers exceptional quality and craftsmanship alongside a durable, comfortable desktop space that’s perfect for video editing.
Finished with thermally-fused laminate in slate grey, this L-shaped desk offers plenty of space for multiple monitors as well as lockable storage with 3 drawers.
The desk also features integrated cable management to conceal equipment cords and cables, it can handle up to 220 lb of weight, making it perfect for editors with loads of equipment.
- Sturdy construction and materials used
- Excellent oversized desktop space
- Lockable storage
- Very large size may not suit smaller studios
- Assembly is required
- Commercial-Grade Quality: Voted the Best Overall Standing Desk by CNET 2021, our standing desks are built to last with steel T-Style legs and a durable laminate finish
- Powerful and Quiet: The whisper-quiet dual motors and 3-stage legs provide a large range in height adjustability (25" - 50.5" high) and ensure a smooth, fluid lift
This variable height desk is made with commercial-grade quality materials and features electronic programmable height adjusters, offering a working height between 25" and 50.5" high, with 4 memory settings available.
The desk is sturdy due to its steel legs and durable laminate finish, with the desktop space measuring 30 x 72 inches.
- Programmable height settings allow for flexible seated or standing working positions
- Sturdy commercial-grade quality construction
- Whisper-quiet motors
- Quite expensive
- Some assembly is required
- ※Flexible Height Adjustment※: Adjust the desk height to a level that perfectly suits you with versatile height settings.
- ※Extra Spacious Work Surface※: Feel free to spread out with an extra large desktop for your computer monitor, paperwork, and desk accessories as well as an oversized u-shaped keyboard tray that accommodates flexible setup options like a 17-inch laptop or a full-sized keyboard and mouse.
I think this desk is a great option if you’re looking for a compact and fully adjustable working desk for video editing.
The workspace is divided with elevated monitor stands and a separate smaller desktop that’s ideal for a laptop or a third smaller monitor.
It has a quick-release keyboard tray that’s ideal for saving space and improving legroom. The desk also comes with a 5-year extended warranty making it a great choice for anyone setting up a video editing studio space.
- Compact design
- Excellent warranty period
- Sit/stand working position
- The desktop could get crowded
- No storage space
Final Thoughts on The Best Video Editing Desks
Finding a good editing desk can be tricky with so many options available on the market. Be sure to consider the size, build quality, materials, and also load capacity your new desk will need with all of your equipment.
I hope that with the tips mentioned above, you’ll be able to move towards purchasing a desk with confidence, creating an ideal workspace for you to embark on many years of happy video editing to come.
All of the options listed are excellent cater to all budgets and styles of video editing desks. Perhaps you’ve already decided on one of these best 5, in which case enjoy!
Last update on 2021-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API