Interested in learning more about the best office chairs for wide hips?
In this product review guide, I will go over..
- The pros and cons of different office chairs
- What to look for in an office chair
- The different kinds of office chairs
Let’s get started!
Our Top 5 Office Chairs for Wide Hips?
- La-Z-Boy Delano Big & Tall Executive Office Chair (Our Top Pick)
- Big and Tall Office Chair 400lbs (Best Budget)
- HON Wave Mesh Big and Tall Executive Chair (Best High End)
What Are Office Chairs for Wide Hips?
Office chairs for wide hips are office chairs that are wide enough to accommodate hips that usually can’t fit in office chairs.
Read More >> The Best Way To Sit For Blood Circulation
What Are the Different Types of Office Chairs for Wide Hips?
We all have different sized bodies, and therefore need different sized chairs.
Office chairs for wide hips have wide seats so that wide hips can fit. All office chairs for wide hips are built to accommodate bigger bodies and will likely have high weight limits.
Some seats may have extra padding for comfort. Office chairs can swivel, move up and down, and recline. Some have wheels.
Read More >>Best Computer Chairs for Long Hours
Ergonomic office chairs work to minimize impact on your body and adjust to fit your body's shape and posture. This video explains how to adjust an ergonomic office chair correctly.
How Do Office Chairs for Wide Hips Work?
Office chairs for wide hips have wider seats and higher weight limits. They are designed for people who normally have trouble fitting in office chairs.
Although not every office has office chairs for wide hips, if you are running an office you should consider buying a few to be inclusive towards your staff.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Floor Desks (2021 Review)
What to Look For In the Best Office Chairs for Wide Hips?
The main thing to look for is that you are going to fit in your office chair. Measure your hips and weigh yourself. Find a chair that can accommodate your needs.
After that, look for comfort. Try to find a chair that has a good amount of padding.
If you’re very tall or very short, get a chair that has an adjustable height.
Ergonomic office chairs are the best for your body.
Read More >> Is Sitting All Day as Bad as Smoking?
It’s also a god idea to get a chair that is BIFMA certified. BIFMA is a nonprofit that ensures furniture “safety, performance, and sustainability.” A BIFMA certification proves that your chair is high-quality.
Best Office Chairs for Wide Hips Reviewed
#1 La-Z-Boy Delano Big & Tall Executive Office Chair
- NOTE : To ensure proper assembly, please follow all steps provided in the installation manual (provided in pdf below)
- PREMIUM CUSHIONING: Ergonomic office chair with memory foam cushioning that contours to your body
This office chair has brown leather upholstery and stained wood, along with heavy duty casters. The seat plate and thick plywood are made for durability.
Its brown leather looks luxurious and is sure to make you feel like royalty. The memory foam contours to your body.
- Adjustable height, recline, and tilt
- Surpasses BIFMA testing
- Low weight limit of 350 lbs
- Leather can get dirty
#2 Big and Tall Office Chair 400lbs
- BEST FOR BIG AND TALL - This big and tall office chair with a unique appearance, and extra thickly cushioned desk chair for you maximum comfort. Executive chair have commercial-grade components, supports up to 400lbs. Big and tall office chair executive chair desk chair.
- ADJUSTABLE BACK SUPPORT & ARMREST - Big & Tall Office chair features Fully adjustable settings with 6 adjustable position PU padded armrest, Simple pneumatic controls, lumbar support to help reduce back pressure and relax the curve of the spine, choose according to what you need. Executive chair big and tall office chair desk chair.
This chair is designed for people who are tall with wide hips.
It has adjustable armrests and back support. The lumbar support helps decrease pressure on your back and relax the curve of your spine.
You can adjust the shape of the back of the chair depending on what feels comfortable to you.
The back of the chair also has mesh to increase airflow. When you are sitting in a chair for a long period of time, it is easy for your back to get overheated.
The cool mesh will increase your comfort and ability to keep working.
This chair has a heavy-duty metal base that swivels 360 degrees with wheels.
It comes with everything needed to set it up. There are easy instructions and it should only take about 15 minutes.
- Unique adjustable lumbar support
- Cooling mesh back
- Easy setup
- Doesn’t recline
- No warranty
- Not BIFMA certified
#3 HON Wave Mesh Big and Tall Executive Chair
- Made of Metal, Mesh & Leather | Easy assembly required
- Chair dimensions – 25.63" D x 30.25" W x 42.88" H | Seat dimensions – 19” D x 22” W | Arm adjustment – 21” W x 3”-9” H | Back width – 23” | Weight capacity – 450 lbs. | Unit weight – 59 lbs. | Lumbar support fixed
This chair is made out of plastic, metal, mesh, and leather.
It weighs 59 lbs and can hold up to 450 lbs with lumbar support.
Your neck and back can get a break with this chair. It has arms with an adjustable height and width that can move up and down as well as closer or further away from your body.
You are able to work easily with this chair’s adjustable recline. You can customize its lower back support as well as pneumatic height adjustments.
It has five durable wheels so you can work at your desk, swivel to talk to coworkers, or wheel around the room.
- Highly adjustable
- Holds up to 450 lbs
- Five wheels
- Not BIFMA certified
- No mesh back
- Not aesthetically pleasing
#4 Boss Office Products Heavy Duty Double Plush CaressoftPlus Chair
- Fabric/Material: Caressoft is vinyl upholstery that looks & feels like leather, but is far more durable and can easily be cleaned with a damp cloth.
- Overall Product Dimensions: 33.5″ W x 31" D x 43" H | Weight Capacity: 400 lb
This black chair is designed for the office or study room.
Caressoft material looks and feels like leather but is actually vinyl upholstery. It is much more durable than leather and can be cleaned easily with a damp cloth.
With a strong spring-tilt mechanism which adjusts the angle of the seat and lets you release some upper body weight onto the chair. It is healthy to change your sitting position as the day goes on.
The pneumatic gas lift lets you modify your chair height so that you are perfectly in line with your work space which will reduce pressure on joints.
There are fixed padded arms that are designed ergonomically for comfort and long use.
It has a wide steel base and large casters for good stability.
This chair can hold up to 400 lbs.
- Made of Caressoft material
- Adjustable chair angle and height
- Not BIFMA certified
- Arms are fixed
#5 Big and Tall Office Chair 500lbs
- ❤Best for big and tall - Big and tall office chair with soft PU leather upholstery and unique appearance, and extra thickly cushioned desk chair for you maximum comfort. Executive chair have commercial-grade components, supports up to 500lbs.
- ❤Super easy to Set up - Our desk chair Comes with all hardware And necessary tools. Follow the executive chair instruction, you'll found easy to Set up, and big and tall office chair estimated assembly time in about 10-15mins.
This chair has soft PU leather upholstery which gives it a unique appearance.
It has extra thick cushions to increase comfort. They do not deform over time.
It is easy to set up and comes with everything you need. The instructions are easy to understand and it should only take you around 10 minutes to set up.
The PU leather is highly breathable, keeping your back cool so you can work for long hours without getting uncomfortable.
There is a heavy-duty metal base that has a 360-degree swivel with wheels. It is both stable and mobile.
This chair can support up to 500 lbs and its height is adjustable.
- Easy setup
- Supports up to 500 lbs
- Thick cushions
- Not BIFMA certified
- Not ergonomic
- Can only adjust the height
Final Thoughts On Office Chairs for Wide Hips
The first thing to look for is an office chair that you will fit in. Measure your hips and compare that to the cushion size of the office chair.
Weigh yourself and make sure the chair can hold your weight.
The next thing to look for is comfort and ergonomics. The more things that are adjustable on your chair, the better. You want to be able to fully customize your chair to fit your body.
Everyone has different needs in an office chair. If you have wider hips, don’t worry. You may have bad experiences with office chairs, but there are options out there for you!
Last update on 2022-12-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API