Two-tier desks are convenient because they provide extra storage space for computer monitors, office supplies, and even books.
In this product review guide, we will go over the following:
- The different types of two-tier desks
- Reasons for buying a two-tier desk
- The best two-tier desks on the market
Let’s get started!
Our Top Five Two-Tier Desks
- Costway 47-Inch Laptop Desk (Best Overall Two-Tier Desk)
- GreenForest Foldable Desk (Best Travel Two-Tier Desk)
- Ameriwood Home Laptop Desk (Best Budget Two-Tier Desk)
- Joy Work Height-Adjustable Two-Tier Desk
- KEO Wood Two-Tier Desk
What Are Two-Tier Desks?
You can think of two-tier desks as desks with two different levels because that’s what they essentially are.
They typically have a second level or shelf in the back part of the desk that is usually just as wide but not as deep as the actual desk.
Most people use the second tier to put their computer monitor on, but some people use it to put books or even office supplies on.
Whatever you plan to use your second tier for, it’s important to learn what the weight capacity is so you don’t put anything there that is too heavy.
Read More >> How Deep Should a Desk Be?
What Are the Different Types of Two-Tier Desks?
There are two main types of two-tier desks.
One is made just like a standard desk and the other is made specifically as a standing desk.
Some are height-adjustable and can therefore be used as either a standing or a sitting desk.
Other than this, they are available with tons of features just like standard desks are.
This means they can come with or without shelves, drawers, keyboard trays, hutches, filing cabinets, and the other numerous features that standard desks have.
For some people, two-tier desks are thought of as a standing desks, which is the reason they’re choosing them in the first place.
This is why for so many two-tier desks, you’ll notice very few extra features or perks.
When you’re standing up at a desk to work on your computer, you simply don’t want or need features such as drawers and filing cabinets.
When you’re shopping for a two-tier desk, you’ll likely notice how many “basic” ones there are, but that’s why the desks are designed this way.
How Does a Two-Tier Desk Work?
Two-tier desks work a lot as standard desks do.
One of the features you’ll notice more often when shopping for two-tier desks as compared to shopping for regular desks is that they seem to be made more portable.
In other words, they fold up so they can be stored away when you’re not using them.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Easy Assemble Desks (2022 Review)
This is a big advantage for a lot of people because it also means they can use them when they travel or when they simply don’t have a lot of room for a standard desk.
But don’t think that all two-tier desks are small. They are not.
Just like standard desks, they come in all sizes and designs, so whether you need something basic or something extra-large and fancy, you can easily find a two-tier desk to suit your needs.
What to Look for in the Best Two-Tier Desks
Before you decide to start shopping for two-tier desks, it’s good to decide exactly why you’re buying one in the first place.
- Are you buying it because the second tier allows you a little more room to put your things?
- Are you doing it because the desks are aesthetically pleasing?
- Are you wanting this type of desk so you can be a little more organized?
The good news is, all of these things are benefits when you choose to buy a two-tier desk, but you still need to decide beforehand why you want one.
Read More >> Aesthetic Desk Setup: The Best Look for You (Guide)
Step2 Shop Around:
The second thing you should do is shop around so you can learn about all of the different designs of the two-tier desks on the market.
Whether you want a plain desk without any fancy features or you want one with all of the bells and whistles, the truth is that you can find exactly what you’re looking for easily.
Remember, for the most part, they are a lot like standard desks, meaning there are all sorts of features available to you.
First, decide what you want in a two-tier desk, and then go out and find it!
Best Two-Tier Desks Reviewed
#1 Costway 47-Inch Laptop Desk
- ????Monitor stand for Correct Position: Our home office desk is equipped with a 5” monitor stand to keep the monitor at eye-level height and help you sit in a correct posture.
- ????47” Tabletop & 2-tier shelves: Measuring 47” x 19”, the tabletop of this computer desk is spacious enough for your daily work needs. In addition, 2-tier open shelves will be ideal for storing books, documents, and other supplies.
Not only is this two-tier desk affordable, but it also comes with three shelves for extra storage and a pull-out tray you can set your keyboard.
Both tiers are the same length and therefore, you can put your monitor or even some books on the upper tier.
The desk itself has a weight capacity of 220 pounds and each shelf can hold 66 pounds of items.
In addition to all of this, the smooth tabletop is easy to clean and the frame is made out of coated metal to prevent rust in the future.
- Convenient 47-inch length to hold a lot of stuff
- 220-pound weight capacity
- (No negative comments found online)
#2 GreenForest Foldable Desk
- No Assembly Required:The folding desk comes fully assembled, just take it out of the box and open up, then the desk was ready for use. Very easy
- Foldable&Portable: The computer desk can be fold as 1 inch thickness, which completely flat for storage or transport, easy to handle for daily use and move around
Since this desk is foldable and easy to store when it isn’t being used, it is also convenient for people who travel a lot.
The desk doesn't cost much and has a second tier to store a few monitors or even some extra office supplies.
It is square and built in a contemporary design, and its 32-inch length makes it perfect for people who don’t have a lot of space in their office or bedroom.
All you do to start using the desk is take it out of the box and unfold it.
- Very reasonably priced
- Conveniently folds up when not being used
- Some claim it is heavy and difficult to fold
#3 Ameriwood Home Laptop Desk
- Get a perfect work from home solution for smaller spaces with the Ameriwood Home Haven Retro Computer Desk with Riser
- The dark brown woodgrain finish coordinates with the powder-coated metal hairpin legs for a fun and unique look
This desk, called the Haven, is a basic laptop desk with Two-Tiers and a retro look.
It has a beautiful dark-brown wood-grain look and sturdy steel legs.
The top of the desk is roughly 48 inches wide and therefore it can fit into most spaces.
Best of all, the price is affordable, so you get a great two-tier desk without breaking the bank.
Even better, minimal assembly is required so you can have the desk set up and working in no time.
- Very reasonably priced
- Comes in several different colors
- Some claim it is difficult to assemble
#4 Joy Work Height-Adjustable Two-Tier Desk
- Electric Height Adjustable: There are 4 preset buttons to customize your desired heights from 28.3 inch to 47.2 inch.
- Simple Assembly: The table will be assembled in about half an hour, which will be a good experience.
This desk costs a little more than other two-tier desks but it is electric and the height can be automatically adjusted, which means it can be used as a standard desk or a standing desk.
It is 47 inches wide and the height can be adjusted from 28 inches to 47 inches.
Even has a weight capacity of around 175 pounds, because it is made out of strong alloy steel.
This is a very sturdy desk that is built to last, and it is ergonomically designed to keep your eyes at the right level as you work.
- Made out of sturdy alloy steel
- Electric and height-adjustable
- May be a bit pricey
#5 KEO Wood Two-Tier Desk
- 【Customer Service】Recently, we provide 60 days FREE automatic return service for this product after your purchase, which means you could return this table for any reason FOR FREE within 60 days after your purchase, and your Return Request would be authorized automatically and immediately after submitting. We want you to try our products AT HOME.
- 【NO Assembly】KEO designers made this desk for those who have trouble with assembly. When you get the package, just unfold the table and you are all done. No need to screw, install, and no need to read manual instruction carefully to classify screws, hole, and all pieces.
This is a basic two-tier desk that comes with X-design legs and is made out of wood with sturdy steel legs.
The tabletop is sprayed with a clear coating to make it super smooth and easy to clean, and best of all, there is no assembly required.
All you have to do to start using the desk is take it out of the package and unfold it.
That also means that when you’re not using it or you simply need some extra space, you can fold it and store it away somewhere.
- Very reasonably priced
- Requires no assembly thanks to the foldable design
- (No negative comments found online)
Final Thoughts on Two-Tier Desks
Two-tier desks provide you with a lot of advantages, but perhaps the biggest advantage is the extra space you get.
With an extra “shelf,” you have room to put a monitor, a few books, or even pictures of your kids.
If you work from home, a two-tier desk is just right because it isn’t too large and won’t usually take up a lot of space.
You can choose two-tier desks that come with or without a lot of extra features, so it’s easy to find one that is just right for you.
Regarding the prices of these desks, they seem to be similar to regular desks.
In other words, you don’t usually have to spend a lot of money just to get a two-tier desk.
So many of them are plain and come without any fancy features, which makes the prices very reasonable.
Can you spend a lot of money on one of these desks?
Of course, you can, but you don’t necessarily have to spend a lot, especially if you know what you’re looking for before you start shopping and you shop around for the best deals.
Last update on 2022-12-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API