Why did we review the best easy assemble desks?
Well, if you’re in the market for a new desk, one of the things you’ll have to deal with is how complicated it is to put the desk together once it gets to your home.
Finding easy-to-assemble desks should be everyone’s goal.
In this product review guide, we will go over the following:
- What makes easy-assemble desks convenient
- What to consider when putting your desk together
- The top easy-assemble desks on the market
Let’s get started!
Our Top Five Easy Assemble Desks
- Weehom L-Shaped Desk (Best Overall Easy Assemble Desk)
- WOHOMO Basic Writing Desk (Best Basic Easy Assemble Desk)
- Coleshome Easy Assemble Desk (Best Budget Easy Assemble Desk)
- Convenience Concepts Designs2Go Student Easy Assemble Desk
- WOODYNLUX Computer Easy Assemble Desk
What Are Easy Assemble Desks?
Easy assemble desks are desks specifically made to be put together even if you’re not exactly mechanically inclined.
Most require little to no tools and most are very basic as well.
As you can imagine, you can’t have a desk that is both easy to put together and complex in design.
Most desks that are easy to assemble have a tabletop, legs, and possibly a shelf or monitor stand, but they are not usually filled with all types of special features.
What Are the Different Types of Easy Assemble Desks?
Easy assemble desks can come in several types, but not as many types as standard desks do.
Most are simply basic desks with legs and no shelves or drawers.
What this means in practical terms is this: you can find several different types of easy assemble desks, but you’d be better off not to expect the desks to be too large or too complex in design.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Desks for Small Spaces (2022 Review)
How Does an Easy Assemble Desk Work?
An easily assemble desk works like other desks do and is often easier to work with because they tend to be compact in design and very practical.
Without any large file drawers or shelves or places to hang headphones, these desks allow you to get more work done because you’re getting a basic desk that has just enough room to hold your work-related items and nothing else.
These are very practical desks indeed.
What to Look for in the Best Easy Assemble Desk
One of the first things you’ll want to look for in an easily assemble desk is how difficult it is to put it together.
If the instructions tell you that it takes two people to assemble the desk, then you’ll need to recruit a friend to help you.
The instructions will always make it clear what you need to put the desk together properly, and it’s best to follow those instructions to the letter if you want the desk to come out just right in the end.
Some easily assemble desks have all of the tools you need to put them together right there in the package, while others require no tools at all.
The more the manufacturer requires from you to put the desk together, the more difficult the instructions will be.
What you should aim for is a company that specifically advertises that its desks are easy to assemble because they usually say what they mean.
If the package comes with an instruction manual or a video, this is even better.
Read More >> Aesthetic Desk Setup: The Best Look for You (Guide)
Below are a few things to keep in mind when you’re putting together your furniture:
ALWAYS go by the instructions:
Don’t be one of those people who think, if all else fails, I’ll read the instructions.
It’s a good idea to read the instructions through once before you get started.
This way, you’ll be a little more familiar with them when you start working and you can prepare for any steps that might be unclear to you at first.
Know exactly what you’re attempting to build:
In your mind, picture what the finished product will look like. Visualize it, with the help of the drawings that come with the instructions.
This can help you figure out which pieces go where if something in the instructions is a bit confusing.
It might even help you determine the easiest way to put the desk together.
Organize your efforts first:
Once you get everything out of the box, layout all of the pieces and put screws, bolts, and so on, together to keep them organized.
Put matching pieces of the furniture together and make sure the instructions are somewhere nearby.
This is another reason to read through the instructions – to make sure none of the pieces are missing.
Double-check to make sure all of the pieces are there:
The instructions will tell you clearly what should be in the box, but you’ll want to double-check those instructions against what is actually in the packaging.
You probably won’t notice anything missing, but if you do, don’t go any further without contacting customer service and seeing what they can do to help remedy the situation.
Check to make sure everything is nice and tight before you use the furniture:
Go back and check all bolts and screws to make sure everything is tight and flush.
The latter is important because you’ll want to make sure the furniture is safe for you to use after it’s put together.
Bolts and screws that are sticking out or not flush with the desk can be dangerous later on.
Best Easy Assemble Desks Reviewed
- [Small L Shape Desk with Ample Legroom] 57.9"(L) x 44.1"(D) x 29.7"(H),18.9'' Deep.29.7-inch-high large legroom underneath, provide plenty of space to stretch your legs freely.It will provide a very comfortable seating space for the larger woman or big frame man.
- [Modern L-Shaped Computer Desk]This desk composed of clean line is perfectly accented with a sleek black metal frame for a contemporary look in your space.It is a perfect addition to home /office/apartments/dormitory to work as computer table,gaming desk,study writing table,handcraft desk etc.
This is a great desk because of its versatility, which means you can use it for home use, office use, and even if all you want to do is play video games.
It comes in two sizes and four different colors, and the price is affordable.
It comes with M-style buckles to make assembly easier and has all the tools you need to complete the process.
- Very reasonably priced
- No extra tools are needed for assembly
- Some claim the screw holes didn’t line up properly
- 【Folding desk】Wohomo computer desk with a folding function,suitable for small space use.It can be folded in the corner when not in use to save space.
- 【Small computer desk】31.5"L x 15.75"W x 29.52"H when unfolded and the width is less than 2.56" after folding, it's so easy to put it away and easy to move.
If you’re looking for a very basic desk for computing or casual activities and you don’t want to pay a fortune, this is one desk to consider.
The desk has a 31.5-inch writing surface that you can use for all types of activities, and it’s so easy to put together that you should have it done in minutes instead of hours.
It is also foldable and saves space when it’s being stored.
- Very reasonably priced
- Foldable to save space
- Some complaints about missing parts
- 【Diversified Use of Scenes】7 top & 3 leg colors are offered to help you find the perfect color combination and can be your winning secret to having different style room. This dedicated computer desk is designed for you to work and study in the classroom, office or at home.
- 【Small Desk Panel Dimension】39"(L) x 29"(H) . This computer desk fits small corner of the room perfectly and offers plenty of leg room for rest and storage. You’ll be surprised by sufficient working room the small desk provides.
This is a great desk that is sturdy and can be put together in less than 30 minutes.
It’s available in five sizes and five colors.
This is a 39-inch desk that is affordable for everyone, and all of the tools you need to assemble it are included in the package.
It even has a melamine tabletop for extra reliability, which means it is super easy to clean and low maintenance.
- Low maintenance and easy to clean
- Available in several colors and sizes
- Some complaints about the overall quality of the desk
- Part of Designs2Go Collection
- No Tools Required
This is a basic computer desk with four shelves and is available in more than 20 different colors.
It is big enough for a laptop and other accessories but can still fit in most bedrooms and dorm rooms.
The 47-inch length means it holds a lot of stuff and even broke college students can afford it!
- Very reasonably priced
- Can be put together without any tools
- Some claim it came with a few dents already
- SAFE DESING - This simple design of the computer desk provides you with a large enough space for work and study. The size of the desktop is 43.3"*19.7", which is enough to hold all your papers, magazines and other home office and school supplies. Mooth Angle of The desktop is safer for your family , To prevent collisions due to accidents, therefore,this writing table is also very good choice for the student.
- DESIGNED FOR MULTI-PURPOSE - It could work perfectly as a study desk, computer desk, home office desk, gaming desk whether you need a desk for study room, dormitory, living room, or bedroom.
The 43-inch tabletop on this desk is waterproof and scratch-proof, and you won’t need any help putting it together because you can do it yourself easily and quickly.
It is a modern-style desk that is rectangular, and it comes with a bookshelf underneath and a monitor stands on the top of the desk.
It is also reasonably priced.
- Comes with bookshelf and monitor stand
- Low-maintenance and easy to clean
- Some claim the desktop felt unstable
Final Thoughts on Easy Assemble Desks
Desks that are easy to assemble can be true miracle workers.
After all, who wants to spend hours putting together a desk or have the process be so difficult that you get frustrated while you’re working?
Keep in mind that desks that are easy to assemble also tend to be basic desks with basic features because let’s face it, they likely wouldn’t be easy to assemble if they contain too many fancy details or features.
Desks aren’t usually made that way.
If you need a desk for a dorm room or a home office, one of these smaller and less-complicated desks can be just perfect.
In addition to being easy to put together and less complicated, you also get the advantage of having a less expensive desk.
So, unless you’re a CEO and need a huge executive or extra-large desk, an easily assemble desk should work out perfect for you.
Last update on 2022-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API