Interested in learning about the best Dual Monitor Standing Desk? In this product review guide, I will go over...
- My top pick for the best dual monitor standing desk
- What to look for in a dual monitor standing desk and the key differences between them
- Considerations to help you choose the best dual monitor standing desk for your needs
- Let’s get started!
Our Top 5 Dual Monitor Standing Desk?
What Are Dual Monitor Standing Desks?
Dual monitor standing desks function in the same way as single monitor standing desks except that they have space for two monitors. You can set them on any table or surface and adjust them to a height that is convenient for you.
Because they can be adjusted from a sitting position to a standing position smoothly and easily, you can change your position as you like throughout the day without having to move your equipment around.
There are many advantages of standing desks. They provide an alternative to sitting that can relieve pressure on the back and neck, and they can even provide a very slight increase in calorie consumption.
What Are The Different Types of Dual Monitor Standing Desk?
There are a couple of key differences between various dual monitor standing desks, although they may appear very similar at first glance:
- Rising mechanism. Standing desks typically use a gas mechanism to move the desk up and down. However, they differ in how they rise. Desks that rise by sliding out in an X pattern leave less room for paperwork and other accessories under the desk when it is in a standing position than desks that slide out in an H pattern.
- Straight or curved. Some standing desks offer a straight surface that many people find more versatile, while others curve around you providing, space to put things on either side as well as in front of you.
- Can the keyboard be removed? Some desks have keyboards that can be easily removed with a single lever, others have keyboards that need to remove by unscrewing them, and still others can't have the keyboards removed at all.
How Does a Dual Monitor Standing Desk Work?
Dual monitor standing desks hold two monitors, a keyboard, mouse, and other accessories, at the height that you choose. They can be adjusted from several inches off of the surface to as much as 20 or 30 inches.
They have pneumatic gas springs to make it easier to lift and lower the weight of all of the equipment on the desk. Dual monitor standing desks differ from regular standard desks in that they are longer and can hold more weight.
What to Look For In The Best Dual Monitor Standing Desk
Ease of Movement
You don't want to have to fight with your standing desk to lower or raise it, and it would be best if it didn't make everything shake either. Smooth, one-handed weightless operation makes a big difference, especially if you expect to lift and lower the desk frequently.
Standing desks typically offer one platform for the monitors and a separate one for the keyboard. Many people find that they don't have enough room for the keyboard as they may prefer, so look for a desk with plenty of keyboard room.
Most people don't have problems with standing desks not being tall enough, but it can be an issue for you if it doesn't go low enough for you to sit comfortably. You don't want to have to move the desk when you aren't using it to stand.
Most standing desks hold around 30lbs, but there are variations. If you know you have a heavier monitors or want an extra stable standing desk, look for one of the models that can hold up to 35 lb.
Best Dual Monitor Standing Desk Reviewed
VIVO Black Height Adjustable 36 inch Stand up Desk Converter Quick Sit to Stand Tabletop Dual Monitor Riser
This convenient desk has a deep 36 by 22 inch surface. The design is very open at the base, which is an attractive touch that also leaves more room for anything that you want to put under the desk. It can lift 33lbs and adjust from 6.5 to 17in.
It has a smooth movement that doesn't take much strength to adjust, thanks to the counterbalance tension to enable easy upward motion. The keyboard tray is removable, a convenient trait if you would rather type directly on the desk or you don't need a keyboard.
- Convenient easily removable keyboard tray
- Easy up-and-down motion thanks to the counterbalance tension
- Very attractive open design that looks great and allows you to put things under the desk when it is in standing position.
- 6.5in when it is fully collapsed is taller than some people would prefer
- 25” by 10.5” keyboard tray could be a bit wider
Here is the VIVO desk in action...
This standing desk has a pneumatic gas lift that raises the desk from 4.3 to 30in. It is large enough to accommodate a couple of large monitors or a monitor and a laptop weighing a total of up to 33 lb.
The keyboard tray has a wide surface and a beveled edge that makes it comfortable for you to rest your wrists and forearms. This desk is designed to look sleek even when fully loaded, with a cable hole and adhesive clips to keep all of your wires organized.
The melamine surface is resistant to stains, scratches, and dents. This desk lifts and lowers in its own space so you won't have to make extra room for it.
- Smooth pneumatic gas lift operation from 4.3in to 20in
- Looks sleek with cable hole and adhesive clips
- Malamine surface resistant to damage
- Takes a fair amount of effort to lift up and careful guidance to bring it down
- Keyboard tray is fixed to the desk so you can't take it off when you're not using the keyboard
An impressive 47in width gives you plenty of room for two screens, each up to 27in. It is effortless to adjust the height of your standing desk with a single-handed design.
Since the workstation rises within its own vertical space, you won't need to make space around it to adjust it up and down. The keyboard tray is full sized, large enough to fit an ergonomic keyboard, mouse, and mouse pad.
If you'd rather not use a keyboard and mouse, the keyboard tray is easy to remove. You can feel confident making this purchase, since it is covered by a five year warranty on the frame and desktop and a 3-year warranty on the gas spring system and mechanisms.
- One handed operation for easy up and down
- Full size removable keyboard tray
- H shaped support gives you room to put things under the desk
- More expensive than some comparable products
- 5.9in in the sitting position is still quite high
This desk transitions from 5.9 in to 19.7 in with a smooth pneumatic adjustment. The desk lifts up within its own space so you won't need to add any more room accommodation for it.
There is a 3 year guarantee against defects in the workmanship or material under normal use. The beveled edge allows you to comfortably adjust your arms to use the keyboard. A deep platform makes it very comfortable for you to adjust the computer at the distance from you that you want.
- Sturdy desk that transitions with a smooth motion
- Lifts and lowers within its own space so you won't have to make accommodation for it
- Three year guarantee against workmanship or material defects
- Deep platform enables you to put your computer as far back as you want.
- Frustrating to use the mouse
- Requires two hands and some pressure to lift and lower the desk
This standing desk offers a large work area both for the monitors and keyboard. It smoothly rises with gas springs and two handles. This desk comes with a lifetime warranty, unlike most desks, which are only covered by warranties of three or four years.
This desk can also hold a little bit more than most other desks, 35lb, whereas other desks usually only hold 33 lbs. Non-slip silicone pads protect your desktop.
- Comes with a free lifetime warranty
- Very large surface for monitors and keyboard
- Preset grommet hole to mount the screen
- Keyboard tray cannot be removed unless you remove four screws
- Keyboard tray can’t be adjusted external to the desk
Final Thoughts On Dual Monitor Standing Desks
A dual monitor standing desk can be a game-changer in your work or home office. Alternating between sitting and standing throughout the day can do wonders for back and neck health as well as enabling you to be more active and energetic while you are working.
A dual monitor standing desk lets you put all of your equipment at exactly the height you would prefer and make smooth and easy adjustments throughout the day.