Looking for the best black corner desks? You are in the right place.
The American workplace may have moved past widespread lockdowns but a surprising number of employees continue to work from home, simply because they prefer to.
This shift has pushed millions of families to transform their spare bedrooms into home offices.
When space is limited, though, a black corner desk can make good use of a small space.
Want to learn more about black corner desks? In this product review guide, I will go over
- My #1 recommendation for the top black corner desks
- How a black corner desk can change any workspace, no matter how big or small
- What to look for as you start shopping for a black corner desk
So, if you’re ready to learn about the top 5 options and how they can complete your office space, let’s get started!
Our Top 5 Black Corner Desks
- Mr. IRONSTONE L-Shaped Desk (Our Top Pick!)
- Aludest Corner Desk (Best Budget Option)
- Earthsign L Shaped Home Office Desk (Best High-End Option)
What are Black Corner Desks?
A corner desk is a small desk designed to fit into the corner of a room.
They are usually L-shaped, with a long and short side, allowing you to place the desk in the nook of a small space.
If you’re home or office is particularly small, place a corner desk in an underutilized part of the room to create a new computer or writing area.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Black Writing Desks (2022 Review)
What are the Different Types of Black Corner Desks?
They are available in a wide range of materials and designs, including:
Wooden black corner desks are usually made from a composite wood material that is laminated with a black finish.
Metal black corner desks are typically made from steel and aluminum.
They are sturdier by often costlier than other types of corner desks.
Glass corner desks are made from sheets of tempered glass laid over a black undertone. They are often the least expensive option but are more fragile than other styles.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Glass Computer Desks (2022 Review)
Other stylistic variations feature cabinets, shelves, and keyboard trays that allow you to type without taking up space on the desktop.
How Do Black Corner Desks Work?
When you place a desk in the corner of a room, it automatically saves space because it is utilizing a corner that would otherwise be empty.
These desks’ unique shape hugs the wall and corner, keeping the rest of the room open and free.
Additionally, corner desks are often smaller in size than traditional desks, which also helps to save more space.
What to Look for in the Best Black Corner Desks?
When shopping for a black corner desk, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
The amount of available space and the overall tone of your home office can affect your final decision.
With that in mind, make your choice based on these criteria:
Make sure to measure your space before you buy a corner desk.
They come in a variety of sizes, from small desks that are only a few feet wide to large desks that take up an entire corner.
As we mentioned before, black corner desks are available in a wide range of materials, from wood to glass to metal.
Read More >> What Are Desks Made Out Of? You May Be Surprised.
Consider which type of material will best match your existing décor and furniture.
Many of them come with additional features, such as cabinets, shelves, and keyboard trays.
If you plan on using your desk for computer work, make sure to choose a model that has the features you need.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Black Writing Desks (2022 Review)
Black corner desks are available at a wide range of price points, from budget-friendly options to high-end desks that cost several hundred dollars.
Consider how much you’re willing to spend before making a final decision.
Once you’ve determined your needs, you can then make an informed decision and pick the best black corner desk for your space.
Best Black Corner Desks Reviewed
- Easy to assemble & Express Services: Hassle free & Time Saving Installation for the L shaped computer desk. Mr IRONSTONE provides every l shaped desk with detailed assembly instructions and necessary tools. Fairly easy to assemble within 35 minutes. We promise to provide fast official shipping with earlier delivery than most sellers, providing you with an easy and pleasant shopping experience.
- Durable & Sturdy Construction: Constructed with thicken metal frame and P2 MDF board, this upgraded computer desk is much more durable and sturdier with a better load-capacity. The L shaped desk desktop is smooth & exquisite, and it won't be scratched even if you move mouse quickly. Ultra-sturdy X-shaped legs are strong enough to support up to 350lbs of weight without wobbling.
At the top of our list, we have the Mr. IRONSTONE L-shaped desk.
This top-quality black corner desk is large enough for three standard-sized computer screens, as well as an additional laptop positioned on a mountable monitor shelf.
With 29.5 vertical inches of space, you’ll have plenty of legroom as you work, write, or play video games at this desk.
- Constructed from a sturdy metal frame
- Easily fits multiple computers for maximum efficiency
- Fits into any corner of your room
- Lacks cabinets or a keyboard tray
- Some assembly required
- [Durable and Sturdy]:With a thick board and metal frame,the desk top is durable and easy to clean,waterproof anti-scratch.
- [Large and Functional Storage Space]:With a keyboard tray,cable management and pothook,designed for better working and studying experience ,while the versatile storage shelves keep desktop clutter free.
Sometimes, even an L-shaped desk is too big. If you’re particularly short on space, we recommend the Aludest corner desk.
This budget-friendly option is small enough to tuck away in any corner, whether it be in the living room, kitchen, or bedroom.
Its classic design features a keyboard tray and a small shelf located beneath the desktop, where you can place books, files, or some stationary.
- Maximize space thanks to its triangular design
- Stylish wood adds an air of class to any room
- Comes with a keyboard tray
- Only large enough for a single computer
- Some assembly required
- L shaped Computer Desk for Working from Home : The Earthsign home office desk is L shaped design, which is suitable for a home office setup for WFH. It fits perfectly in the corner and it has sleek appearance.
- Spacious Big Enough for a Home Office Desk: As the size (56.96" + 56.96")L x 21.65" W x 29.4" H, Earthsign home office desk has a decent desk depth to it so you have a nice work area. It has enough space for multiple monitors with your docking station, keyboard, mousepad, etc. It's also a good choice for your workstation, for your gaming computers, for your online teaching space, college apartment, craft room/office, etc.
If you’re looking for a higher-end corner desk, take a second to check out the Earthsign L-shaped home office desk.
This spaciously designed desk can accommodate three standard computer monitors and comes with 4 shelves of additional space beneath the desktop.
Although it lacks a built-in tray, its modern design creates space for a keyboard in the bend of the L.
- Large design with added shelving
- Your computer sits in the middle so you don’t have to choose a side
- Plenty of space for additional monitor mounts
- Difficult to assemble
- Made of particleboard
- [Modern L-Shaped Computer Desk] This corner desk flaunts a modern design with round corner, which creates a workspace that is both simple and attractive. It is the perfect addition to your study room, bedroom or office, to serve as a computer desk, office workstation, study table, writing or gaming desk.
- [L-Shaped Corner Design] This office desk has an L-shaped corner design, which offers a corner wedge for easy multitasking and organization with space-saving needs and many storage solutions for your home office, maximize and create ideal workspace.It also comes with a free CPU stand that places freely underneath.
The Teraves modern L-shaped desk features a unique design that’s more akin to a sectional couch than a standard L-shaped desk.
Although it has two sides, one side is markedly longer than the other, creating a clear space for a computer monitor.
This table is relatively simple, though, without additional shelves, cabinets, or trays.
Nevertheless, it utilizes space and turns any room into an office.
- Its curved bend appears smoother than a harsh corner.
- Plenty of space for two computer monitors
- Its sturdy steel frame can support up to 450 lbs.
- No additional storage space
- Bolts may not align perfectly
- Multipurpose desk for writing, laptop or computer use
- Main top: 46"w x 23.5"d, Top shelf: 46"w x 15.5"d, Bottom shelf: 43"w x 23.5"d
Last but not least, the Calico Designs sturdy corner desk perfectly balances the best features of both a triangular and L-shaped corner desk.
Its smaller design maximizes space thanks to an added upper shelf that can easily fit books, plants, games, or any other desktop object.
Its beautiful black desktop is further enhanced by stylish silver finishing.
- Features a lower shelf that can support your feet
- Perfect for a kids’ room
- Only large enough for a single computer monitor
- Pricey for its size
Final Thoughts on Black Corner Desks
As you can see, you don’t need much space to set up an effective home office.
As long as you have an available corner in your guest bedroom or living room, you can easily set up a corner desk and get to work immediately.
Last update on 2022-12-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API