Interested in learning about the best extra long desks with storage? In this product review guide, I will go over…
- My top picks for extra long desks with storage
- How to pick the best extra long desk with storage for your needs
- Some of the main features and options available when buying an extra long desk with storage
Let’s get started!
Our Top 5 Extra Long Desks with Storage
- VIPEK L-Shaped Desk with Hutch(Our Top Pick)
- FITUEYES Double Computer Desk with Storage Shelves (Best Budget)
- Martin Furniture Pedestal Desk (Best High End)
What Are Extra Long Desks with Storage?
A standard desk is around 40”- 59” long, depending on type and purpose, with office computer desks often towards the top of this range and average home office desks slightly smaller.
The ideal length of a desk depends on how many people will be using the desk, how big they are and what activities they will be engaged in.
There is no absolute rule about how long a desk should be. A small child’s desk may be less than 40” long while a traditional office computer desk for an adult is probably at least 60” long.
An architect artist, or craftsperson working with multiple computer systems, large equipment, and extensive papers and materials, may need a far longer desk than average.
Extra long desks have a working surface of 60” or more, allowing multiple people to work at the same desk, or for one person to use the desk with multiple computers, or for different activities.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Extra Long Desks
They may take up less space than two separate desks and if the desk also has integrated storage shelves or drawers, your space can be used even more efficiently.
What Are The Different Types of Extra Long Desk with Storage?
Extra long desks may be designed for single or multiple users. The amount and type of storage included may reflect the purpose and price of the desk.
Over-desk bookshelves, computer stands, document drawers and under-desk pedestal storage are all available.
An extra long executive desk is likely to have a wide desk surface and pedestals with drawers and lockers for documents and files as well as space for computers.
An extra long office desk designed for two workers may have a midpoint divider and wire management arrangements for multiple computers.
Read More >> Top 5 Best U Shaped Executive Desks (2021 Review)
How Does an Extra Long Desk with Storage Work?
As with any other desk, you should adjust your desk surface, chair and computer equipment correctly to avoid straining your body or eyes.
Guidance on ergonomic set-up from credible expert or official sources should be followed when setting up your extra long desk as a workstation.
Choosing the right desk is an important part of creating a positive working environment which supports productivity, efficiency, and health.
With more and more people working from home in the USA compared to pre-COVID-19 times, this could well be a good time to invest in a new extra long desk with storage.
Always measure the size of your office or room first and look for desks with dimensions to match available space. Your height, working activities and personal preferences are also relevant factors to consider before you choose your desk.
Read More>> Why Are Kneeling Chairs Good for You?
You can view extra long desks with storage in more detail on the YouTube Channel for Bush Desks, the makers of two desks on our top 5 list:
Best Extra Long Desks Reviewed
#1 VIPEK L-Shaped Desk with Hutch (Best all-round option)
- SPACIOUS WORK SPACE: This table surface is designed for offer a large space for a multiple monitor setup or a gaming PC. A 29.92 inch high computer desk provides spacious room underneath without any obstructions giving you vast leg room.
- L SHAPED CORNER DESIGN: The computer desk fits nicely in a corner and maximizes your home office workspace and bring a touch of elegance to any room in the home with this modern desk. Allows you to take the advantage of your room corner as the best spot for work. Perfect for small spaces with limited space.
A spacious L-shaped corner design offering a 68.9” desk length, perpendicular to a smaller 47.3” surface.
Storage areas for placement of computer accessories, books and decorations. Fits well in a home office corner
- Solid MDF and metal construction
- Storage shelves both over and under the desk
- Modern but classic wood appearance
- Not the longest of the extra long desks featured here
- Shorter worktop side can’t fit monitors above 15'' in height
#2 FITUEYES Double Computer Desk with Storage Shelves (Best budget option)
- 【Sofisticated made & sturdy】Trapezoidal frame, widens the bottom of the frame, which enhances the stability of the desk.
- 【Large Working Space】 Large desktop surface with a storage cube in the middle and under the desk，which provide more storage space for daily use.
Large 81.1” desktop surface with a storage cube in the middle for computer equipment or boxes and shelving beneath both desks for books and small items.
Designed for use by two people and excellent for student living, shared houses or limited home office spaces.
- Low price
- Easy to assemble
- Under-desk shelves are relatively shallow and only suitable for smaller items
- ‘Industrial’ MDF and metal design may not fit in with more classic decor
#3 Martin Furniture Pedestal Desk (Best high end option)
This Martin Furniture two-tone pedestal desk is an impressively solid L-shaped desk, with a very generous 70” long main desk surface and a range of drawers and under-desk storage on both sides.
Delivered in two large pieces, minimizing buyer assembly needs.
- Beautiful piece of solid wood furniture in a classic weathered white design
- Ample storage allows all documents and office equipment to be stored tidily
- Little assembly required
- Very heavy (363lb) – you may require several people to aid with delivery and installation
- Comes in two large pieces - doorways will need to be bigger than the section dimensions
#4 Bush Furniture Somerset Sit to Stand L Shaped Desk (Best height adjustable option)
- POSTURE AND BACK SUPPORT. This kneeling chair’s design causes most of a person’s body weight to shift to their leg muscles (which are better able to support it), removing that load from the back and reducing the tendency to slouch or lean forward.
- HIGH QUALITY CONSTRUCTION. Long lasting tubular metal frame and components accommodate users weighing up to 275 lbs. Our products are trusted by back and neck specialists throughout the world!
If you’re looking for a desk which offers all three advantages of extra long length, storage provision and height adjustability, then we may have found the desk for you.
This Bush Furniture sit to stand-style desk, has not just an extra long 71” desk surface, but a second smaller desk area which can be raised into three positions to accommodate standing or taller users.
- Adjustable height
- Options for right or left installation of riser desk
- Available in a range of different colors / finishes
- Moving parts carry a risk of mechanical failure, which could compromise desk use
- Some reviewers note dissatisfaction with the veneer
#5 Bush Furniture Somerset L Shaped Desk with Hutch (Best storage option)
- 72W surface with wire management provides plenty of room for a computer, phone, printer and more
- Finished back allows L Shaped Desk to be placed anywhere in the room
A high-quality engineered wood desk with generous built-in storage of all the kinds you might need in your office (document drawer, box drawer, cabinets with adjustable shelves etc...)
As well as the 72” main desk surface and smaller perpendicular desk, this item has a pullout keyboard/laptop tray to help keep your desktop clear and uncluttered.
- Beautiful solid wood appearance
- Extensive storage
- 6 year manufacturer’s warranty
- A very heavy desk (269.8 lb) which will require several people for delivery and placement
- Could be little old-fashioned in appearance for those who like modern or lighter furniture
Final thoughts on extra long desks
Extra long desks with storage can be an excellent way to make the most of your working space.
They can potentially combine two work stations in one, remove the need to install additional storage furniture, or even do both.
If you measure your space correctly and identify your needs and preferences clearly, this guide should help you to find the best desk for you.
Last update on 2022-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API