If you want to know what are the best light wood desks, you came to the right place.
For some rooms, dark-colored wood grains give a dreary appearance or just don’t match the current color scheme.
Because of that, a lot of people want furniture that has a lighter tone while still keeping the wood feel.
This article includes:
- The top 5 best light wood desks and their pros and cons
- What they are and the different types available
- What to look for in the very best products
Our Top 5 Light Wood Desks
- Tribesigns Computer Desk with Hutch and Bookshelf - Light Walnut (Our Top Pick)
- SHW Home Office 40-Inch Computer Desk, Oak (Best Budget)
- SIMPLIHOME Harper SOLID WOOD Mid Century Modern 60 inch (Best High End)
- VIVO Electric Height Adjustable 60 x 24 inch Stand Up Desk, Light Wood
- IOTXY Solid Wood Writing Desk
What are Light Wood Desks?
Light wood desks are made out of wood, whether solid or manufactured, that is finished or naturally grained with a light color.
These wood tones are often called pale woods and vary between light golden and creamy-white in texture and shades.
They can be versatile and elegant and include wood types and grains including maple, white oak, beech, and ash.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Wooden Desks (2022 Review)
These are great options for those who want a brighter feel to their work area, but do not want plain white because it seems boring, easy to get dirty, or doesn’t match their rustic personality, among other reasons.
There are various types of light wood desks depending on your purpose for the table and the types of features you are looking for.
If you have a dark wood desk already, or if you have other furniture that you want to match a new light wood desk, you may find this video about DIY wood bleaching helpful:
What are the Different Types of Light Wood Desks?
There are tons of types of desks that come in what is considered light wood.
The first is solid wood, which is determined by the actual composition.
The others are related to functionality and include traditional, table, standing, and executive.
Let’s examine each of these types and what makes them unique.
This type is made out of solid wood and is usually complete with the natural grain for the species of wood that it is made out of.
Many do have a finish of some sort, but it is a clear coat and does not change the appearance of the wood itself.
These are more expensive, but can also be much sturdier and more durable than manufactured wood options.
Read More >> What is a Cocobolo Desk? (Full Explanation)
This is a standard desk option and often comes with basic features like drawers, keyboard trays, or cable management.
They can be made of many different materials and come in a plethora of shade choices.
Some are made of solid wood or MDF, while others are made of a combination of the two.
They also come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes as well as designs and styles.
This type is similar to a traditional desk but is created more like a table even though they are often used as desks.
This means that they generally do not have any shelves or drawers and have a basic design that can be useful for saving space underneath the desktop surface.
They may also be very stable and have a higher weight capacity.
This type is incredibly popular these days because it offers you the ability to stand while you work.
Many options are adjustable as well, which means you can alternate between sitting and standing throughout the workday.
They come in different styles and many products have options for light-colored or bleached wood.
This type has a more elegant structure and they are often constructed with high-quality materials.
Many of them have other features as well like drawers, file cabinets, shelves, and hutches.
They also offer a more distinct work area and an aesthetic that may not be possible with the other types of light wood desks on this list.
Read More >> Top 5 Best White Executive Desks (2022 Review)
How Do Light Wood Desks Work?
Light wood desks offer a similar benefit as white desks, but with a couple of additional elements.
While they will brighten up the room and match most color schemes, the wood grain also provides a rustic or natural theme to the office.
With light wood, you also get these benefits without it showing dirtiness as much as plain white desks, but they still show stains much easier than black or dark wood desks.
Another cool aspect of light wood desks is the fact that they are great for contrasting with dark-colored office chairs or other furniture, as well as computers and other technological equipment.
Even if you have a dark wood piece in your office, the light wood may fit well alongside it.
What to Look for in the Best Light Wood Desks
You want the best light wood desk, right?
Well, let’s inspect some of the things you can keep in mind when shopping to help make that a reality.
This goes for things related to quality, but also for things that ensure the desk fits your needs.
Let’s go over color first because it is important for your style and taste.
Almost no two brands have an identical light wood color and solid wood will never be the same due to natural wood grain.
With that in mind, there are generally three complete shades for pale and light wood types: cream, pale, and golden.
Cream options are closest to white, pale is in the middle, and golden has a brownish to tan tint.
You can determine quality well by looking at certain features as well as the weight limit.
Higher weight limits are associated with higher quality materials and longer-lasting durability and lifespan.
You can also see if the company skimps on certain areas like the back portion of the desk, paint jobs, hardware, or anything else.
Finally, keep in mind that a light wood desk may not be completely made of light wood and may also have dark wood, white, black, or other colored components.
These different combinations may suit your style preferences, but they may also clash with other existing furniture or materials, so it is important to keep them in mind when shopping around.
Best Light Wood Desks
amazon box = "B07VYPFZ9C"]
This light walnut desk has an open bookshelf and attached hutch for storage and the underneath desktop shelf also acts as a stabilizing crossbar.
The spacious design and heavy-duty legs can support large items.
The light golden color along with the gray metal frame looks wonderful and matches various aesthetics.
- Shelves and hutch
- Gorgeous golden light walnut color
- Sturdy with crossbar shelf and heavy-duty metal legs
- May scratch easier than other products
- Directions can be confusing
- Quality control is somewhat lacking
- Morden design Desk: Great for home office, studio, bedroom and also kitchen as a dinning table.
- Material: steel frame, powder coated finish, Environmental particle board.
This light-colored desk table is a perfect size and has a steel powder-coated frame for sturdiness and strength.
It is available in three sizes: 40, 48, and 55 inches and the oak color is superb.
Despite the low price, it is built incredibly well and should last for years easily.
- Strong frame with crossbar for stability
- High-quality, long-lasting materials
- Great oak color and size options are available
- Poor packaging
- May wobble on some surfaces
- Sharp edges
- DIMENSIONS: 26" D x 60" W x 31.5" H
- Handcrafted using the finest quality solid rubberwood hardwood
This handcrafted, solid hardwood desk is hand-finished with a teak brown stain for a golden color and also has a protective NC lacquer to accentuate the unique grain for your one-of-a-kind desk.
It is great for any purpose and also has a keyboard tray and two drawers for storage. The sturdiness is fantastic, the attractiveness is modern, and the functionality is great.
- Highest quality materials and craftsmanship
- Heavy and sturdy for any use
- Fold-out keyboard tray and two drawers that stay hidden when not in use
- Lacquer is protective, but can still become scratched
- Very heavy limits mobility
- Much more expensive than other options
- Create Instant Active Standing - Go from sitting to standing in one smooth motion with this complete active workstation providing comfortable viewing angles and customized user heights. Say goodbye to long hours of sitting, and end the day feeling energized and refreshed!
- Solid One-Piece 59” Top - This spacious 59” x 23.6” table provides a large surface for a variety of monitor and laptop setups along with important work materials, supplies, and decor. The one-piece solid top is free of seam breaks for a completely smooth surface.
This standing desk comes in light wood with your choice of affordability black or white frame.
It adjusts using an electric motor from 29.8 inches to 49.6 inches and has customizable presets for desired heights.
The desktop itself is large and made out of one solid piece for smooth use and the frame supports up to 176 pounds comfortably.
- Large feet for stability
- Electric adjustment for standing or sitting
- The light wood color is great and can be matched with a black or white frame
- No drawers or other storage options
- Can chip easily, especially on edges
- May wobble a little at the highest settings
- MINIMALIST STYLE - Simple Nordic Style looks very comfortable;
- VERY EASY ASSEMBLY - Only two install steps, easy to assembly;
This minimalist, Nordic styles desk is available in three different sizes and has a uniquely attractive style that remains functional and efficient.
It is made of a solid wood frame, beechwood table legs, and an MDF core with a veneer top for durability and affordability.
It comes in two colors: wood (the lighter option) and walnut.
- Size and color options available
- Sturdy and stable with a solid wood frame
- Has one or two drawers depending on the size chosen
- The desktop isn’t solid wood and has an MDF core
- Quality control is inconsistent
- Prone to wobbling
Final Thoughts on Light Wood Desks
Light wood desks can be great and offer a brighter wood grain for boosted mood and energy.
There are tons of options since they come in various types to choose from.
The ones on this list meet needs by including types like standing, traditional, table, and solid wood.
Is there one to match your taste and budget?
We hope you found the perfect desk!
Last update on 2022-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API