Do you want a standing desk, but have found that they tend to be too expensive?
Well, we are here to help!
This guide will cover:
- The top 5 affordable standing desks
- The types available to you
- Why standing desks tend to be expensive and whether they are worth the money
Here we go!
Our Top 5 Best Affordable Standing Desks
- IYEE NATURE Electric Standing Desk (Our Top Pick)
- Hadulcet Mobile Standing Desk (Best Manual Adjusting)
- Flexispot Electric Standing Desk (Best Electric Adjusting)
What Are Affordable Standing Desks?
Have you ever had a sore neck, back, or legs from sitting at a desk all day? Well, there’s a solution!
Standing desks are a great way to stand more without even thinking about it and avoid the negative effects of sitting. This is a great way to improve your health without much effort at all!
Some people will look into standing desks and only see expensive options. But you can find affordable quality models.
There are manual, electric, and even pneumatic standing desks that are under $500. Many options are less than $300, so you can forget about breaking the bank!
Watch this video to learn about the health benefits of using a standing desk!
What Are the Different Types of Affordable Standing Desks?
There are four different types of standing desks that you should consider, and all of them can be affordable!
Non-Adjustable Standing Desks
These desks have a set height that cannot be changed so you cannot go from sitting to standing and back.
They also won’t fit everyone’s height range, but if you find one suitable it may very well be the most affordable option.
Manually Adjustable Standing Desks
If you want the benefits of combining standing and sitting, you should look at adjustable options.
Manually adjustable standing desks use a lever or crank to change the height. The most affordable types do not use a pneumatic system but will change height slower.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Hand Crank Standing Desks (2021 Review)
Electronically Adjustable Standing Desks
The most popular affordable standing desks tend to be electric because they are simple to use and require very little effort.
Some even have programmable heights so that you can easily go from standing to sitting and back.
Standing Desk Converters
A standing desk converter turns an existing desk into a standing desk. They are often adjustable and almost always a very affordable option.
In addition, they are more mobile and easy to use. They are also a great option if you love the desk you already have, but don’t want to be sitting as often as you currently do.
Why Are Standing Desks So Expensive?
There are a few different factors that go into the price of standing desks. They all pretty much come down to supply and demand or quality of materials and construction.
The demand for standing desks has skyrocketed in recent years, but there aren’t enough manufacturers to consistently keep up.
This ratio of supply and demand means that standing desk companies can charge more for their desks.
This doesn’t necessarily mean all standing desk companies overcharge. Some companies sell their standing desks for very reasonable prices.
However, the demand still increases the average cost of standing desks.
Also, some of the most popular standing desk companies sell very expensive models. Because of this, you may not hear as much about affordable standing desk manufacturers.
This can cloud reality by making it seem like all standing desks cost a lot of money.
Another reason that standing desks tend to be expensive is that someone buys a desk that they plan on using for years.
This means that they will look for one that is built out of quality materials and has a sophisticated design.
Also, the legs must hold up the desktop for years and, in the case of adjustable desks, do so while changing height.
If the desk is electric, the motor will have to run for years with consistent adjustments. Many manufacturers also offer warranties.
These factors mean that the motor and all the parts must last for a long time. This increases the quality of work and with it comes the price.
Are Standing Desks Worth the Money?
If you are weighing out the benefits of a standing desk against the price, you just need to look at all the positive impacts it could have on your health and wellness.
You should also look into the affordable options if price e is still an issue.
Standing desks can help ease neck and back pain that is caused by poor alignment and excessive sitting.
Ergonomic furniture allows us to move naturally without straining ourselves. Sitting too much has also been linked to heart disease and other illnesses.
In addition, studies show that standing can improve your concentration and productivity. If healthy living alone doesn’t convince you that standing desks are worth the money, then a more productive work day would.
You also don’t need to spend a fortune to get these benefits. A good quality affordable standing desk may be just what you need! But another thing to look at before deciding is how much you will use the desk.
If you will only use a desk occasionally, it probably doesn’t make too much sense to spend a lot of money on it.
However, if you use a desk for hours nearly every day, then a standing desk makes a lot of sense. Sitting that much can be terrible for you so just look at it as an investment to better health and productivity!
Read More >> Ergonomics in the Workplace [Ultimate Guide]
Best Affordable Standing Desks
#1 IYEE NATURE Electric Standing Desk
- Reliable Quality: IYEE NATURE constantly upgrades the design and quality of the standing desk to create a comfortable office experience. 40" x 24" desktop provides ample space.
- Electric Height Adjustable: The standing desk has 3 preset buttons with custom height adjustment from 28.75" to 45.25". (Noise below 50 db)
This desk has the design and quality to create a comfortable office experience, it has 3 preset buttons with custom height adjustments from 28.75" to 45.25", and it does that with low noise.
The Industrial-grade steel frame allows for a 220 lbs weight capacity to support your ideal workspace setup and is stable without wobbling.
This desk also provides a spacious workspace with the 40" x 24" desktop, which allows for a variety of monitor and laptop setups, and let's not forget the anti-collision sensors that will protect you and the desk.
- Cable management tray
- Quiet and durable motor
- Multiple colors
- Some people faced difficulties with the assembly
#2 Hadulcet Mobile Standing Desk
- GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH - You can manually adjust these adjustable desks for the home office between 26.3" to 45.3" to set up your personalized workspace. Changing your position from sitting to standing can help you stay healthy and keep yourself from neck or back pain
- PRACTICAL STAND-UP LAPTOP DESK - The 31.5” L x 23.6” W mobile workstation is large enough to hold all your things and store any size of the computer. You can put large office supplies such as computer hosts and printers on the bottom deck. The angle of the front deck can be adjusted to meet your demand for writing or reading
This manually adjusting standing desk is not only affordable, but it's also very high quality. It has three separate desktops that can be adjusted to different levels.
A crossbar gives the desk the support it needs when rolling on its caster wheels.
- 3 separate desktops
- Caster Wheels
- Difficult adjustment
- Only available in black
- Complicated Assembly
#3 Flexispot Electric Standing Desk
- COZY & ERGONOMIC WHOLE-PIECE WORKSPACE: Spacious 48” x 30” eco-friendly whole-piece desktop offers a roomy setup for 2 monitors and a laptop so you can spread out and calmly take on the challenges of the work day. Please allow a slight 0 to1-inch difference in desktop size due to manual measurement.
- ELECTRIC HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE LIFT SYSTEM: The motor lift mechanism offers smoother height adjustments, from 28" to 47.6" (without 1” thickness of table top included), at a speed of 1"/second with low noise (under 50 dB) while running.
This desk is great and comes in 5 different sizes and 7 different colors. The electric adjustment works well to cover the large height range.
A solid build gives this desk a high weight limit. A quiet motor is powerful and adjusts the height quickly.
- Plenty of size and color options
- Fast adjustment
- 154 lb weight limit
- Complicated instructions for assembly
- No crossbar
- No wire management
#4 VIVO Stand Up Height Adjustable 32-inch Desk Riser
- Create Instant Active Standing - VIVO’s desk riser provides on-demand standing throughout the day for the freedom to get out of your chair and relieve muscle tension, reduce stress, and increase productivity. --Patented--
- Space Efficient 31.5" Surface - The top surface measures 31.5” x 15.7”, which maximizes space while still providing room for dual monitors. The 31.3" x 11.8" (10.5" in the center) keyboard tray raises in sync with the top surface to create a comfortable workstation.
You will be hard-pressed to find a better option than this for the price. The adjustment is very smooth thanks to solid pneumatics.
There are three color options black/ white/ dark wood and a keyboard tray so that you have plenty of room to work.
- Pneumatic Adjustment
- Keyboard Tray
- 33 lb weight capacity
- The edges where the keyboard sits are rough
- Keyboard height not adjustable (more perfect for PC)
#5 Furmax Electric Height Adjustable Standing Desk Large
- 【Health Office Style】Sitting for long periods at the office puts a huge strain on our bodies, leading to back and neck problems. This standing desk will bring a healthy way of working， allow you to sit and stand alternately to work, relieve leg numbness and body fatigue caused by long sitting, and makes your energy more concentrated.
- 【Memory Electric Lift】Compared with the ordinary office desk, this standing desk can easily control the height using buttons, so that it can be used by people of different heights in different scenes. The design of 1/2 memory keys allows it to be adjusted quickly and accurately to your preset comfortable height. The motor system also includes a child safety lock function, anti-collision function, and overheat protection function.
This desk is great looking, great quality, and at a great price. A 28.7” to 48.1” height range makes it a good desk for people of almost any size.
Its durable construction and design give it a 176lbs weight limit, at a speed of 1"/second with low noise (under 50 dB). The single motor is durable enough for 2 years of daily use.
You can easily control the height using buttons, the design of 1/2 memory keys allows it to be adjusted quickly and accurately to your preset comfortable height.
Also includes a child safety lock function, anti-collision function, and overheat protection function.
- 28” to 46” height range
- 176 lb weight limit
- Large desktop
- Desktop split into two pieces
- Drawer isn’t sturdy
- Difficult Assembly
Final Thought On Affordable Standing Desks
As you can see, there are plenty of options to peruse when it comes to standing desks that are affordable.
Whether you are looking for a desk converter, a manual desk, or an electric desk you have quality choices to choose from.