Interested in learning about the best standing desk without a keyboard tray? In this product review guide, I will go over some of the best standing desks without a keyboard tray of 2021.
In this review, you’ll learn about:
- Which standing desk without keyboard tray are best?
- What are the different types of standing desks without a keyboard tray?
- Is it worth it to get a standing desk without a keyboard tray?
Let’s get started!
While there are plenty of people to be the first to praise a keyboard tray because of its ergonomics by properly positioning your hands and wrists on the board, there are also many reasons not to have one.
From a visual standpoint, they are an eyesore. More people are switching to wireless keyboards that casually sit to the side instead of keeping their keyboard in a tray.
If you’ve ever used a desk with a keyboard tray, they can be frustrating to deal with and might even get in the way of your overall activities.
When it comes to standing desks, even if you’re looking for an ergonomic keyboard, it can be achieved in other ways outside of needing a keyboard tray.
When it comes to ergonomic keyboard trays and where you position your keyboard, it could all come down to which aesthetics you prefer.
Like with most things, there are pros and cons to everything and we’re going to dive into them in this review.
Our Top 5 Standing Desk Without Keyboard Tray
- Flexispot EC1 Electric White Standing Desk (Our Top Pick)
- Armocity Height Adjustable Desk (Best Budget)
What Are Standing Desks Without Keyboard Tray?
When most people think about a professional desk, they may think about a desk with a keyboard tray.
For years people have come to the understanding that a keyboard tray is necessary for the best ergonomics when using a keyboard.
A keyboard tray allows for people to be a good distance away from their monitor while offering a level space for your hands and wrists to rest in a comfortable position.
However, over time, there have been other ways to achieve this same type of ergonomics without a keyboard tray.
Many are looking for a simple, aesthetically pleasing standing desk without a keyboard tray because they want to use their wireless keyboard and ergonomic keyboard pad.
A standing desk without a keyboard tray would act as any other standing desk, they would simply not have a keyboard tray, which for some would be more aesthetically pleasing and less of a hassle to deal with.
What Are The Different Types of Standing Desks Without Keyboard Tray?
If you’re looking for a standing desk without a keyboard tray, you’ll have many options to choose from. In fact, the majority of standing desks don’t come with a keyboard tray.
Standing desks are sleek, modern and made to be easily adjustable. A keyboard tray or drawer may be in the way of such designs.
However, if you’re ever looking for a keyboard tray in the future, they do offer clip on keyboard trays which can seamlessly attach to any type of desk, whether sitting or standing.
In the meantime, when looking for a standing desk without a keyboard tray, your options will be vast. There are many standing desks without a keyboard tray to choose from.
How Does Standing Desks Without Keyboard Tray Work?
Standing desks without a keyboard tray work like a standard desk. They offer all of the same functionality of a standing desk, except they don’t have a keyboard tray.
Standing desks without a keyboard tray are usually a lot more simple in design. Standing desks in and of themselves already offer many benefits such as increased focus and productivity.
Standing desks without a keyboard tray usually have far less to worry about. There’s no distraction of pulling the tray in and out, you simply stand, or sit, and focus on working.
Read More >> How Can I Make My Standing Desk More Comfortable?
What to Look For In The Best Standing Desks Without Keyboard Tray?
When you’re looking for a standing desk without a keyboard tray, your options will be vast. You’ll have plenty of companies to choose from and narrow down which one will be right for you.
When you’re looking for a standing desk without a keyboard tray, make sure to pay attention to see if it has any drawers under the desk.
Sometimes they might say there’s a drawer, instead of a keyboard tray. Pay close attention to the listing.
When you are looking for a standing desk without a keyboard tray, you’ll find standing desks that are simple in design and usually very modern and able to blend with almost any workspace.
They will be modern and ready to be used quickly without much assembly required.
Most standing desks without keyboard trays will still have something on the front, usually some buttons for electronic or manual adjustment, but that should be the only extra feature on most standing desks without a keyboard tray.
Best Standing Desks Without Keyboard Tray Reviewed
- COZY & ERGONOMIC WHOLE-PIECE WORKSPACE: Spacious 48” x 30” eco-friendly whole-piece desktop offers a roomy setup for 2 monitors and a laptop so you can spread out and calmly take on the challenges of the work day. Please allow a slight 0 to1-inch difference in desktop size due to manual measurement.
- ELECTRIC HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE LIFT SYSTEM: The motor lift mechanism offers smoother height adjustments, from 28" to 47.6" (without 1” thickness of table top included), at a speed of 1"/second with low noise (under 50 dB) while running.
This standing desk without a keyboard tray offers a spacious 48” x 30” eco-friendly desktop which has the space ability for 2 monitors and a laptop.
The motor lift mechanism offers smoother height adjustments, from 28" to 47.6".
Offers an industrial grade steel frame combined with a solid desktop. This can hold up to 154lbs to support your workspace.
This is an easy to use desk that will support your fast paced working life with easy adjustments as you move about throughout the day.
- Pros: Spacious desk area, easy height adjustment
- Cons: Some have complained of uneven legs
This standing desk can be adjusted between 25.1 to 34.6 inches.
This particular standing desk is equipped with four rotary wheels that allow you to move the desk wherever you want it to go.
The surface is smooth, waterproof and easy to clean. The desktop is around 39.3" L by 17.7"W which provides quite a bit of space to work.
It also features a little hanging hook off to the side where you could hang a bag or headphones or something else.
Looks extra sleek with an additional bar between the bottom of the legs for extra support and aesthetics.
- Pros: Classy look, large desk space
- Cons: Some may not care for the wooden bar on the bottom
- Create Instant Active Standing - Go from sitting to standing in one smooth motion with this complete active workstation providing comfortable viewing angles and customized user heights. Say goodbye to long hours of sitting, and end the day feeling energized and refreshed!
- Solid One-Piece 59” Top - This spacious 59” x 23.6” table provides a large surface for a variety of monitor and laptop setups along with important work materials, supplies, and decor. The one-piece solid top is free of seam breaks for a completely smooth surface.
This standing desk allows for easy sitting and standing with a smooth motion.
Has a spacious 59” by 23.6” table top which would allow for a variety of monitor and laptop setups along with any office supplies you may need.
Offers a height range of 30" to 50". Has additional memory presets for saving your ideal height settings.
Simple, modern design for sitting or standing needs.
- Pros: Spacious table top, simple design
- Cons: Electrical height adjustment has been known to fail
- Electric Height Adjustable: The desk has 3 preset buttons to customize your desired heights from 27.16" to 46.06"
- Elegant Workspace: The large work surface measuring 48" x 24" to provide ample room
This standing desk has three preset buttons to customize your desired heights from 27.6" to 47.3".
Offers a large work surface measuring 48" x 24" to provide plenty of workspace.
The entire standing desk can support up to 176lbs.
Has a simple assembly in 2 sections with screws and accessories included.
- Pros: Plenty of workspace, has a built-in sensor to prevent collisions with chairs and such
- Cons: Some have reported it’s unstable
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: This innovative adjustable height standing desk promotes better posture, reduce back and neck pain, increase productivity.
- EASY CRANK SYSTEM: Standing desk is designed with a hand crank on the front of desktop. Load up your desk with all of your office essentials and simply turn the crank to raise and lower the desk to your desired height! Adjustable height from 29.5" to 45.5".
This standing desk adjustable standing desk promotes better posture, reduces back and neck pain, and increases productivity.
Instead of an electrical height adjustment, this has a hand crank in front of the desktop. Turn the crank to raise and lower the desk to your desired height. Adjustable height from 29.5" to 45.5".
Has a spacious workspace of 7.2" W by 23.6" D which allows for two monitors at a comfortable position.
- Pros: Simple design, large workspace
- Cons: Hand crank might be difficult for some
Final Thoughts On Standing Desks Without Keyboard Tray
The debate between having a keyboard tray or no keyboard tray is usually personal preference.
If you’re looking for a standing desk without a keyboard tray, you’ll have plenty of options available to you.
In general, standing desks without keyboard trays tend to look more modern and fit in with most workspaces flawlessly.
If your main concern is with aesthetics, getting a standing desk without a keyboard tray will be the way to go.
Many of the standing desks without a keyboard tray have plenty of workspace to have a wireless keyboard in addition to an ergonomic pad or other type of ergonomic device to keep your wrists relaxed and comfortable while you work.
Look at your options when it comes to a standing desk without a keyboard tray and figure out which one is going to be right for your workspace and your lifestyle.
Last update on 2021-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API