Minimalist office chairs are a perfect choice for many people.
Contrary to what many people believe, the word “minimalist” does not equate to “cheap.”
The right minimalist office chair is ergonomically designed and made for the ultimate in comfort.
Only difference is its size and design. In this product review guide, we will go over the following:
- What a minimalist office chair is
- How to find the best minimalist office chair for your needs
- The types of minimalist office chairs available
Let’s get started!
Our Top Five Minimalist Office Chairs
- Belleze Ribbed Minimalist Chair (Best Overall Minimalist Office Chair)
- Signature Design by Ashley Modern Office Chair (Best Modern Design Minimalist Office Chair)
- Calico Designs Office Chair (Best Budget Minimalist Office Chair)
- Flash Furniture Minimalist Low-Back Office Chair
- Daphne by Armen Living Minimalist Chair
What Are Minimalist Office Chairs?
Minimalist office chairs are essentially chairs that don’t take up a lot of space and don’t have a lot of fancy features that a lot of people find they don’t need.
These chairs come in numerous designs and sizes, but most of them are chic.
The main difference between minimalist chairs and regular office chairs is that minimalist chairs aren’t big and fancy, but instead meet your basic needs without costing a lot of money.
Read More >> What Features to Look for in an Office Chair?
What Are the Different Types of Minimalist Office Chairs?
There are dozens of types of minimalist office chairs.
Below, we’ll discuss the three main types.
Chairs with Arms
These minimalist chairs look just like regular chairs except they are smaller and do not have a lot of fancy trimming or features on them.
They come in various colors and are comfortably made, yet they have an overall look that is very basic.
The chairs are usually small but can be bigger as well, though they are usually not as big as a standard chair.
Read More >> Should a Desk Chair Have Arms?
Chairs Without Arms
Lots of minimalist office chairs come without arms, perhaps in an attempt to make them even more basic and standard-looking.
Chairs without arms are easy to make and are usually very inexpensive.
Many people prefer these when they have a small space yet still need a good quality chair that keeps them comfortable the entire time they’re working.
Chairs with an All-in-One Design
Minimalist chairs are often made in an all-in-one design.
Meaning the arms, back, and seat is not all separate but instead made in one piece.
To many people, these are super-comfortable chairs that have a modern look that they can show off to others.
If you want some aesthetic appeal with your minimalist chair, this is a good design to consider.
Read More >> Best Mid Century Modern Desk Chairs (2022 Review)
How Does a Minimalist Office Chair Work?
Minimalist office chairs don’t work any differently than regular office chairs do.
Instead, they’re just a bit smaller than regular chairs, which means you don’t have to do anything differently with them.
Just keep in mind that they are smaller than regular chairs and that takes some getting used to for some people.
What to Look for in the Best Minimalist Office Chair?
One of the first things you should do when shopping for a minimalist office chair determines how much space you have to put that chair in.
Not all minimalist chairs are the same size, so it’s good to measure your space first to make sure you end up with a chair that isn’t too big or too small.
You should also decide whether you want arms on your chair because a lot of minimalist office chairs come without them.
Best Minimalist Office Chairs Reviewed
- [MINIMALIST STYLE] This high-back task chair features clean lines and a simple profile with slim arms. It will fit perfectly into your home workstation or an executive conference table.
- [DELICATE TEXTURE] Tonal stitching creates a ribbed effect on the soft faux-leather shell, offering subtle detail and added comfort.
Simple yet elegant, this ribbed minimalist office chair comes in five different colors and has a high back, swivel design, and arms to keep you as comfortable as you deserve to be.
Best of all, it is affordable, so if you’re looking for a good quality minimalist chair that won’t cost a fortune, this is one chair to consider.
- Very reasonably priced
- Super comfortable with elegant design
- Some people claim it was not cushioned enough
- LUXURIOUS SEATING: This chair is made with faux leather upholstery over a foam cushion, a metal base, casters and 360-degree swivel for easy rolling movement and support
- MODERN STYLE: With its agile wheels, crisp white hue and chrome-color finish on the leg, it's a surefire minimalist look that's dressed to impress
This contemporary chair has a swivel design and a beautiful upholstered finish in a sharp-looking white color.
The white matches perfectly with the chrome legs, and its design – although minimal – still provides you with a very comfortable chair to sit in for working or gaming.
Has faux leather that fits over the thick comfortable foam, and it’s reasonably priced.
- Beautiful upholstery for a chic look
- Very comfortable design
- Some people consider it uncomfortable
- Overall Dimensions: 22" W x 22" D x 39.75"
- Contoured Plastic Back ( 18.5" W x 15" H) Easily Folds Flat to Store Under Desk and Save Floor Space
This office chair is about as basic as you can get.
It comes in both black and white/gray and has no arms but a very comfortable, padded back and seat.
You get a lever under the seat that allows you to adjust the height of the chair.
Not only does the chair swivel for more maneuverability, but it also folds so you can store it somewhere else when you don’t need it.
- Adjustable height from 17 to 25 inches
- Very reasonably priced
- Some claim it isn’t very comfortable
- Be a trendsetter at the office or at home with the cutting-edge looks of this two-tone office task chair
- Trendy Profile: Low back design with ribbed vinyl upholstery and chrome metal border; Non-restrictive armless design for better room flow and user movement
This is a low-back, armless chair that is priced reasonably and comes in eight different colors.
The ribbed look means it will stand out among the rest of your furniture, and its swivel design provides you with the ultimate comfort.
It has chrome legs for an even sharper look, and it’s low-maintenance as well because you can clean it with a damp cloth.
This chair gives you a lot of the money you’ll spend on it!
- Very reasonably priced
- Comfortable low-back armless design
- Some complaints about its overall quality
- Mid-century Modern and Contemporary Design: The Daphne Office Chair combines mid-century modern and contemporary design elements to create a unique and stylish piece that can blend into any design aesthetic. This chair can be used as an inviting centerpiece for guests in any room
- Chrome and Solid Walnut Wood Finish: The chair features a chrome-plated steel base with a solid walnut wood finish for durability and longevity. The combination of materials ensures that the chair is both sturdy and aesthetically pleasing
This chair has a walnut finish back that is open and has a contemporary look, although the overall look of the chair is designed to fit anyone’s décor.
The medium-high cushioned back is designed to give you excellent support, and the 360-degree swivel feature and adjustable height mean you can personalize your comfort level.
Perfect for your office, living room, or even for commercial use.
- 360-degree swivel feature for convenience and comfort
- Adjustable height to accommodate everyone
- Some claim the chair broke shortly after purchase
Final Thoughts on Minimalist Office Chairs
Minimalist office chairs are made for both personal and commercial use. Even though they are basic chairs, that doesn’t mean they won’t look good in your home or office.
Once you decide how much room you have available to fit an office chair in, you can shop for your minimalist chair and find the one that’s right for you.
They come in a wide variety of colors, sizes, and designs, not to mention price ranges, so finding one you love shouldn’t be difficult.
Keep in mind that they come with or without arms, and whether your room is contemporary or traditional, light or dark, you can easily find the minimalist chair that will look perfect there.
Many of them also have a swivel design and adjustable heights, meaning they’ll look great regardless of how you use them.
Finally, you’ll find most minimalist office chairs to be under $200 – many of them under $100 – which means you should be able to get something you love without breaking the bank.
Last update on 2022-12-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API