Leather gaming chairs can be one of the best options to have!
And a gaming chair can be a great addition to a gaming area.
There are plenty of different options, but many of them come in mesh or other materials that some people do not like.
However, there are also leather products that offer some additional benefits.
This article covers:
- The top 5 best leather gaming chairs and the benefits and downsides they offer
- The different types and how they work
- What to look for to find the best product
Let’s get started!
Best Leather Gaming Chairs
- Dowinx Gaming Chair (Our Top Pick)
- Homall Gaming Chair (Best Budget)
- DOXACEF Massage Gaming Chair (Best High End)
What are Leather Gaming Chairs?
Leather is a preferred chair option for a lot of people because it is comfortable, stylish, and durable. It can last longer than many of the alternatives and can offer many different designs.
Some leather gaming chairs are more modern in appearance, while others are elegant and traditional. Plus, they can be a status symbol of sorts.
A gaming chair is designed to keep you comfortable throughout a long gaming session. Many options have good lumbar support, a supportive backrest, adjustable recline, and moveable armrests.
These features may give you a slight edge in your competitive gaming experiences and can also be relaxing for gamers who like to lay back and chill.
Read More >> How to Sit in a Gaming Chair?
Since a gaming chair will only be comfortable if you sit in it properly, you may want to check out this video that teaches just that
What are the Different Types of Leather Gaming Chairs?
There are several types of leather gaming chairs to keep in mind. There are genuine leather chairs and synthetic leather chairs that both offer some benefits.
In addition, there are racing, ergonomic, and recliner options to keep in mind.
Let’s look at the features of each of these unique types that you can choose from.
This is made with real leather and is the more expensive type, but also offers durability and stylish appearance.
Real leather is also very comfortable and may not get as hot and cold as some synthetic types.
The color and design options are limited, but if you are looking for a black or brown option that will last for years, then this may be your best bet.
This is not real leather, but some people prefer it. It can offer a high-gloss finish and comes in a wider variety of colors than the real leather types.
Also this type of leather doesn’t fade with age and requires very little maintenance.
Synthetic leather looks more uniform and many options will still last a long time, but likely not as long as real leather. This option is also more affordable than genuine leather.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Green Gaming Chairs (2021 Review)
This option is almost always made with synthetic leather and comes in different colors and designs to look like a bucket seat in a vehicle.
They are usually comfortable and often have additional features like storage areas, caster wheels, slight recline, high backrest, cup holders, and more.
Because of this, it is one of the most popular leather gaming chair types.
Ergonomic gaming chairs made out of leather are great for comfort and adjustability. They have lumbar support and headrest support pillows.
They also have adjustable tension, recline, height, and more.
Many of them also have curved seats to reduce the amount of pressure on the back of your legs during a long gaming session. Some even have a massage feature!
This one is pretty self-explanatory. They have a recline ability and a lot of them also have a footrest.
While this is not that useful for some gamers who prefer to sit up straight (especially competitive gamers), it can be a good option for streaming a more relaxing gaming experience.
How Do Leather Gaming Chairs Work?
A leather gaming chair will offer comfort during a long gaming session.
When gaming for a long period of time, your buttocks, hips, back, shoulders, neck, and more may begin to get sore.
A gaming chair can reduce the likelihood that you will become agitated and uncomfortable.
The leather also keeps your body warm or cool depending on the temperature inside.
Whether you are getting synthetic or real leather, you will have a soft and durable upholstery. It can also have engravings and designs in it and synthetic options can come in many different colors.
A lot of options are even two-tone. Leather is also easier to clean than cloth or mesh because both liquids and solids will rest on the surface ready to wipe away.
Read More >> Best Mesh Gaming Chairs (2021 Review)
You can even use a vacuum to get crumbs or other items out from the crevices and creases without fear of damaging the material.
What to Look for in the Best Leather Gaming Chairs?
When looking for a leather gaming chair, you will want to get the best one, right? Well, there are some specific things to keep in mind when you are shopping around.
Let’s look at the best things to look for!
First, you will want to see the quality of the leather if you want to go the genuine leather route. The color, feel, cost, and grain can all be considered.
In addition, you will want to make sure that it is thick enough for durability, but that it also allows you to feel the cushion and support underneath.
With synthetic leather, you will also want to make sure the quality is okay.
The most important thing is that the upholstery is done correctly and that any stitching is well done.
Read More >> Best Expensive Gaming Chairs (2021 Review)
When the stitching is poor quality, then the upholstery can tear which means you will need to repair or replace the chair sooner than you would like.
The thickness of the cushion is also something to take into account. With thicker cushions, the leather will not get as hot or cold.
The grain may also be important because different grains and texture will make it less or more likely to stick to your skin, which can be unpleasant for some people.
Another factor is breathability. While neither leather nor synthetic leather is breathable, there are some things that can make it more so.
Some options have a space between the backrest and the seat cushion that can provide additional airflow.
Also, some options have an upholstery that extends by the legs almost all the way to the floor, which can block air flow on your legs.
This can be a good thing, but it can also be a downside depending on what you prefer.
Best Leather Gaming Chairs
- 【ERGONOMIC DESIGN】 Linkage armrest design gaming chair with USB cable power supply massager that can drive by a USB port on computer, car, power switch or even power bank. Best masseur for users who need to sit for a long time. Vintage leather style matches all locations.
- 【MULTI FUNCTION】 360° swivel and smooth racing caster wheels for mobility; 90°-180° reclining for working, gaming, reading or napping; 15° controllable rocking and retractable footrest for relaxing; Adjustable seat height, 350 lbs capacity; head pillow and lumbar pillow for all body shapes.
This chair is modern, but with some traditional design aspects. It has a massage lumbar pillow with a USB port to ease back pain.
Also it has caster wheels, recline ability from 90 to 165 degrees, 20 degree controllable rocking, and a retractable footrest.
With a sturdy and strong frame that can hold up to 350 pounds. Finally, it has a one-month replacement service and 1 year parts warranty with 24/7 customer service.
- Massage lumbar pillow
- Rocking, reclining, and footrest
- Sturdy with 350 pound weight limit
- Poor ventilation
- Synthetic leather is a little squeaky
- Not as adjustable as some options
- Selected Material: High density shaping foam, more comfortable, elasticity resilience and service life. 1.8mm thick steel frame, more sturdy and stable. Pu Leather, skin friendly and wear resisting.
- Upgraded Configuration: Class 3 gas lift, durable, reliable and supports up to 300lbs. Rubber casters, rolling quietly and tested by 1000 miles rolling.
This reasonably priced synthetic leather chair has 10 different color options and a thick steel frame that can support up to 300 pounds.
It has rubber casters, recline and rocking ability, and a high-density foam seat cushion. It also has a lumbar support pillow and headrest pillow for additional comfort.
- Thick steel frame with 300 pound weight limit
- Comfortable with lumbar support
- 10 color options
- Too small for tall people
- Tips over easily
- Armrests do not adjust
- Ergonomic Lumbar Support System: Enjoy total lower back support with a built-in, fully adjustable lumbar curve that closely aligns to your spine—ensuring ideal posture for maximum comfort in gaming marathons
- Multi-Layered Synthetic Leather: Tougher and more durable than standard PU leather, the chair comes wrapped in multi-layered PVC synthetic leather—making it better suited to withstand the wear and tear from hours of daily use
This chair has an ergonomic lumbar support that is adjustable and maintains the natural curvature of the spine.
The synthetic leather upholstery is multi-layer for extra durability and covers high-density foam cushions.
The armrests are adjustable in four directions and the frame supports 300 pounds.
- Comfortable with adjustable lumbar support
- Great upholstery
- Adjustable armrests
- Not great for short people
- May be too firm for some people
- More expensive than many competitors
- High Quality Material:Camo gaming chair is with premium chair parts, metal chair structure , class 4 gas lift to ensure durability.High density cold mould sponge seat cushion,the material used for high end video game chair,to make it comfy.
- Ergonomic Design:23.6" thick padded bigger backrest,15.8" wider chair seat cushion without wings,21.3" seat with wings ,much comfier.USB powered massage lumbar pillow.Soft surface adjustable armrest,about 90 to 180 degree reclining backrest.
This camo leather chair has a high-density cold mould sponge seat cushion and a thick padded backrest.
It also has a USB powered massage lumbar pillow and a recline ability.
The headrest and lumbar pillow are removable and the armrests are adjustable. It also has a rocking function.
- Thick padded backrest
- Recline and rocking ability
- Massage lumbar pillow
- Only with camo design
- Tips over easily
- Poor caster wheels
- GAMIFIED SEATING: A racecar-style gaming chair that provides luxury and comfort, whether it's used for intense gaming sessions and climbing to the top of the leaderboards, or long work days.
- ERGONOMIC COMFORT: With segmented padded designed to give highly contoured support when and where you need it most, this ergonomic chair is also equipped with an extendable footrest for position reinforcement. Adjustable headrest and lumbar support pillows, as well as padded armrests provide all-around comfort.
This racing style leather gaming chair has a segmented padded design and an extendable footrest.
It also has adjustable headrest and lumbar support, padded armrests, and two-tone style.
The RESPAWN chair is strong with 275 pound weight capacity and reclines from 90 to 155 degrees. Even has pivoting armrests and a 5 year limited warranty.
- Footrest with recline
- Adjustable headrest and lumbar support
- Stylish with 9 color variations
- Armrests wobble
- Recline lever and functions do not work the best
- Not great for very short people
Final Thoughts on Leather Gaming Chairs
Leather and synthetic leather gaming chairs are popular for a reason. They are comfortable, stylish, and durable.
This makes them a great choice no matter your budget and many also have additional features that you may find intriguing.
Just make sure you get one that works for your gaming needs!
Last update on 2021-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API