Gray desks are a great option when it comes to color, therefore we reviewed the best gray desks in the market.
When people are in the market for a new desk, one of the features they have to think about is the color of the desk.
Desks come in more than just black and brown these days, so finding one such as gray that matches your décor is never difficult.
In this product review guide, we will go over the following:
- The different types of gray desks
- What to look for when buying a gray desk
- The best gray desks currently on the market
Let’s get started!
Our Top Five Best Gray Desks
- South Shore Versa Computer Desk with Hutch (Best Overall Gray Desk)
- Need Co. Basic Gray Desk (Best Basic Gray Desk)
- Bestier 47-Inch Gray Desk (Best Budget Gray Desk)
- Teraves L-Shaped Gray Desk
- Mainstays Gray Student Desk
What Are Gray Desks?
Although many people assume that desks only come in black and brown, nowadays that is no longer the case.
The truth is, today there are tons of desks available in all sorts of colors, including gray.
Gray desks have the advantage of being neutral in color and therefore matching almost everything, yet still looking a little less standard and boring than a black or brown desk.
Even better, the desks can be made out of the same materials as other desks, including wood, alloy steel, and even acrylic.
Gray desks also come in a wide range of prices, so finding one that fits your budget is usually very simple.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Wooden Desks (2022 Review)
What Are the Different Types of Gray Desks?
Gray desks can be just about any style you can imagine.
Below are some of the most common types of desks in use today.
Since people don’t literally sit at a desk and write letters anymore, the writing desk has morphed into what we sometimes call a basic computer desk.
These desks are usually smaller than average and have very few extra features, including drawers and shelves.
Read More >> Top 5 Best White Writing Desks (2022 Review)
Also called corner desks, L-shaped desks fit in any corner and therefore make excellent use of the space available in the room.
They are convenient because they are extra long, and they often come with perks that might include drawers, shelves, and filing cabinets, among others.
A two-tier desk has a second-tier or level on it, which gives you additional space for things such as monitors and books without the desk being any larger.
Although most people use the second or top tier to hold a computer monitor, you can also use it to hold books or even photographs.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Two-Tier Desks (2022 Review)
Standing desks are made for people who, for one reason or another, prefer to stand while working.
Some people do it because of back problems, while others simply think it’s a more comfortable position to work in.
Standing desks are often two-tier desks as well, and they can have other features just like standard desks do.
An executive desk is made for top personnel such as CEOs and is usually much larger and fancier than a standard desk.
It usually has all of the bells and whistles as well, including shelves, filing cabinets, and even a hutch above it.
Executive desks are usually made out of high-quality woods such as oak and pine, so they’re a little more expensive than standard desks.
There are other desks besides these, including floating or wall-mounted desks, and roll-top desks.
As well as, U-shaped desks, secretary desks, two-person desks, and credenza or hutch desks.
The above five types of desks, however, are the desks most commonly found in offices.
How Does a Gray Desk Work?
Gray desks don’t work any differently than other desks do.
But it’s important to remember that even though gray is a popular color for desks, not all manufacturers make their desks in this color.
In other words, be on the lookout when you’re shopping for your next desk to make sure it is available in this color.
If you don’t, you might be disappointed and have to start your research all over again.
What to Look for in the Best Gray Desk
Regardless of what color you’re looking for in a desk, it’s best to start with the features you want before shopping for your next desk.
You have to decide if you want a desk that is large or small, contemporary or traditional, L-shaped or rectangular, sitting or standing, and which features you consider important.
Once you decide on all of these factors, you can look for a gray desk.
Like any other type or color of desk, gray desks come in a very wide selection of styles, sizes, and designs.
It’s up to you to decide exactly what you want in the end.
Best Gray Desks Reviewed
#1 South Shore Versa Computer Desk with Hutch
- FILE DRAWER INCLUDED: at the bottom right is a large drawer for filing. Organize your documents in hanging folders so they’re easy to access.
- A DESK WITH MULTIPLE STORAGE SPACES: this computer desk features a shelf on the bottom for your books, another one for your laptop (when closed), a hutch with fixed dividers for your papers, and three drawers for files and office supplies.
This gray desk with a hutch has so many compartments on it that it’ll hold a lot of items such as folders, books, and office supplies, to name a few.
It has a filing cabinet, shelves on both the bottom and the top of the desk, and even a few compartments to hold smaller items.
The filing cabinet holds tons of hanging folders, and you can keep everything from framed photographs to pencil holders and so much more.
The drawers have metal knobs on them and the desk itself is made out of wood.
- Comes with a total of three drawers
- Tons of shelves and compartments for convenience
- It can be a bit pricey for some
#2 Need Co. Basic Gray Desk
- 【Dimensions】L55" x W23.7" x H29.5", provides large working space.
- 【Firm Material】Panel is made of environmental E1 standard wood, it's waterproof and has an anti-scratch surface; easy to clean.
If you want a basic desk without all the trimmings or you’re looking for a desk that won’t break the bank, this is it.
The desktop is made out of engineered wood and the legs are sturdy steel.
The top of the desk is waterproof and scratch-resistant, making it super easy to clean, and it comes in an attractive traditional design to match the décor of any room.
It is very affordable, and you’ll love its 55-inch width because it holds a lot of stuff.
- Large 55-inch width
- Very reasonably priced
- Some complaints that it isn’t good for gaming
#3 Bestier 47-Inch Gray Desk
- STUDY DESK: Outfit your office with a simple study desk that is as stylish as it is functional and practical
- STORAGE BAG: Extra storage bag and hooks efficiently organize office supplies to keep your workspace tidy
For that price, you’ll be surprised at what you get with this desk.
It is made out of engineered wood and has sturdy metal legs.
It also has a storage bag hanging off one side to put office supplies in, hooks on the other side for headphones or purses
As well as a built-in tablet slot on top of the desk so your tablet can stand up on its own and allow you to read it hands-free.
This is the perfect desk for all busy people, and it even has adjustable leg pads to keep the desk steady on all types of surfaces.
- The price is very reasonable
- Comes with lots of convenient features
- Some claim it’s hard to put together
#4 Teraves L-Shaped Gray Desk
- [Modern L-Shaped Computer Desk] This corner desk flaunts a modern design with round corner, which creates a workspace that is both simple and attractive. It is the perfect addition to your study room, bedroom or office, to serve as a computer desk, office workstation, study table, writing or gaming desk.
- [L-Shaped Corner Design] This office desk has an L-shaped corner design, which offers a corner wedge for easy multitasking and organization with space-saving needs and many storage solutions for your home office, maximize and create ideal workspace.It also comes with a free CPU stand that places freely underneath.
This corner desk is both attractive and functional, and it offers perks such as M-buckles to make putting it together super easy.
Also, adjustable leg pads in case you’re in a room with an uneven floor or carpet, and a full 66-inch length so that you have enough room for everything you want on your desk.
The desk comes with all of the items you need to put together immediately, and the CPU stand that fits underneath the desk is a great bonus.
- Reasonably priced
- Can be used for work, school, gaming, and more
- Some complaints about the overall quality of the desk
#5 Mainstays Gray Student Desk
- Sleek work desk for making any available space more functional;
- Top shelf can support up to 33 lbs.; Measurements: 47.24"L x 15.75"W x 29.53"H;
This is an adorable and very practical student desk with three open cubby holes on each side of the desk to hold tons of items.
It is 47 inches long and therefore big enough for a computer or laptop.
The price makes it affordable even for people on a budget.
Best of all, it is a very versatile desk that can be used by students or anyone else who needs a sturdy work desk for school or office work.
The desk looks good and works great, and its price is the icing on the cake.
- Very reasonably priced
- Comes with six cubby holes for storage
- Some claim the desk was too small for them
Final Thoughts on Gray Desks
Gray desks look great in most offices because, like black or brown desks, they match almost any décor.
Of course, the color gray is a bit unique and stands out compared to other colors.
The good news is, you can find all types of desks in the color gray.
So, if you’re one of these people who think the perfect neutral color is gray and not beige or brown, these desks are just perfect for you.
The first step to getting the perfect desk is to decide which features you consider important, then set out to find a desk with those features that are offered in the color gray.
It shouldn’t be difficult to do because there are a lot of desks available in this attractive color.
Last update on 2022-12-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API