Office desks with drawers are a great option.
Not all office desks have enough storage and organizational compartments.
It can be useful to have places to keep certain work materials where you know to find them and where they will be out of sight.
This article covers:
- The top 5 best office desks with drawers and their pros and cons
- What they are and what they are good for
- What to look for in the absolute best options
Let’s get started!
Best Office Desks with Drawers
- BANTI Adjustable Height Electric Standing Desk with Double Drawer (Our Top Pick)
- No products found. (Best Budget)
- Monarch Specialties Computer Desk L-Shaped (Best High End)
- Catrimown Computer Desk with Drawers and Hutch
- FAMAPY L-Shaped Desk Home Office Desk, Drawers & Shelves
What are Office Desks with Drawers?
Office desks with drawers are what you would expect, but there are some features of them to keep in mind if you are wanting to know whether to consider an option with desks over one without.
Did you know that research shows that keeping your desk free of clutter can help you improve your productivity?
Not only that but being stressed can lead to more clutter and clutter can lead to more stress.
Because of this, an office desk with drawers to hold often used and seldom-used materials can help you stay organized, productive, and clear-minded.
Buying a desk that has drawers included may be more important than you realize for your output and your well-being.
There are tons of different options as well with different-sized drawers, numbers of compartments, and other features that you may find beneficial.
You should also watch this video about how to effectively organize your desk area and drawers:
What are the Different Types of Office Desks with Drawers?
Several types of office desks have drawers with them.
There are standard desks of course, but there are also standing, executive, l-shaped, and ones with separate drawers not attached to the desk itself.
Let’s look at each type and what makes it unique.
This is simply a traditional desk that has drawers built-in.
The drawers are usually either centered, used as a keyboard tray, or located on the side, often with shelves as well.
The placement of the drawers can vary between models and products and these desks can be made out of wood and other wood materials or glass, metal, or plastic.
This is a standing desk that has drawers built-in.
Many of these options have to adjust up and down to accommodate sitting as well as standing, which can make it hard to offer larger or heavier drawers.
Because of this, many have small drawers centered on the frame. Standing desks can reduce the time that you set, which is known to be bad for health.
This type has an elegant style and is typically made with higher quality materials, particularly solid wood.
These desks often have a traditional or classical style as well that many find to be intriguing.
They can be pricey, but are expected to last a long time also and can fit into a classy environment or fancy atmosphere better than the other types.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Modern Executive Desks? (2022 Review)
This desk fits into a right-angled corner because it has the shape of an “l”.
Fitting it in the corner will save space and they often have drawers on one of the two sections.
Also, it keeps the other section open with a lot of legroom so you can have the best of both worlds.
It can also be great for productivity because not only does it have drawers, but it also keeps everything within reach with tons of desktop space.
This is a different category because instead of having drawers built-in, or in addition to those drawers, this option has freestanding drawers.
These usually file cabinet-style drawers but can be any other type as well.
This makes it more customizable for shape and space, which can be great for some and it can combine with your existing furniture and other stuff.
How Do Office Desks with Drawers Work?
Office desks with drawers have lots of benefits.
They reduce the mess on your desk that can make it harder to concentrate and keep the work area presentable and organized.
You can keep your most often used materials in a close drawer near the edge so you can easily remove them and place them back regularly throughout the day.
Then, you can keep less-used items in other drawers that keep them out of view when they are not needed.
Drawers on office desks are usually designed as a wheel that rolls in a track attached to the desk.
This makes them easy to slide in and out and will not wear out easily over time.
However, this will only be the case if they are made not to bend.
Drawers do have weight limits as well that can bend the mechanisms and make them difficult or impossible to utilize.
What to Look for in the Best Office Desks with Drawers?
To choose the best office desk that has drawers, there are plenty of things to keep in mind.
The first is the drawers themselves.
You need to make sure that there are enough drawers since some desks only have one or two while other desks have many more.
You also want to make sure that they are large enough with high enough weight limits to hold the materials you plan on placing into them.
In addition, you want to make sure any desk is manufactured and constructed well, but this is especially true on desks with drawers because of moving parts.
Check the mechanisms and components that allow the drawer to slide to see if they look to be of good quality.
Typically, if part of the desk is of good quality, the rest of the desk will be too.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Desks with Locking Drawers And Storage
You also want to make sure that the size of the desktop surface itself will accommodate your items.
If it doesn’t then the desks won’t do much for our overall work area organization.
You should also check for other storage options because sometimes shelves and drawers combined work better than merely one or the other.
Best Office Desks with Drawers
- Two Wooden Drawers: Two convenient pull-out drawers frees up desk space and provides a comfortable work environment
- Spacious Workspace: Alternative surface measuring 55 inch x 24 inch, the tabletop comes packaged in two pieces for easy assembly
This gorgeous standing desk has two wooden drawers that combine the traditional with the modern.
It comes in your choice of two different wood grain colors and has a large 55-inch long surface.
Also, it is height adjustable with an electric motor and 3 preset buttons and can adjust from 27.16 to 46.06 inches.
With an iron frame that can support up to 155 pounds and also has swivel casters for mobility.
- Height adjustable from 27.16 to 46.06 inches
- The iron frame supports up to 155 pounds
- Casters for mobility
- The drawers aren’t very deep
- The desktop comes in 2 pieces
- More expensive than some alternatives
No products found.
This affordable office desk has shelves and drawers as well as a large keyboard tray.
The two large drawers are easy to pull out and the shelves can display items or be used for a printer or other device.
It also comes with a separate CPU holder and the desktop surface is waterproof, dustproof, and easy to clean.
- Lots of storage with shelves and drawers
- Comes with a CPU holder
- Maybe a little wobbly
- Smaller than some other options
- No color options
- ABUNDANT STORAGE - This L-shaped corner desk supports up to 110 lbs and includes 8 storage drawers (1 for hanging files) with silver handles and metal drawer glides, and 3 shelves (1 is adjustable); the top of the hutch can be used as an additional shelf
- FLEXIBLE SETUP - For optimum convenience, this computer desk is finished on all sides for placement anywhere in a home office and has a reversible configuration that allows you to install the storage unit with hutch on the left or right side as desired
This executive style desk comes in your choice of 4 elegant colors.
It is l-shaped and offers 8 storage drawers including one hanging file drawer as well as 3 shelves.
Can be made to face either direction and is large with plenty of desktop space.
Also, has a beautiful wood-grained surface and fancy handles for all the drawers to keep your area stylish.
- Gorgeous desk
- Tons of storage including 8 drawers
- L-shaped with plenty of space
- Difficult to assemble and may require tools
- Expensive compared to others
- The finish can scratch easily
- 【Tons of Storage】: The computer desk with drawer features a file drawer ( accommodates letter-size hanging files) on the bottom, two shallow drawers on the right and a center drawer. This white desk with drawer is perfect for those with a lot of paperwork or knickknacks. Small hutch of this desk with drawer for home office is the perfect depth for even bulkier monitors and equipment. The large storage space of the office desk with drawer can keep decorative in a visible sight while saves space.
- 【Unique Vintage Style Bright Your Room】: Weary of the very sameness of the market's simple desk? In a elegant and dark color with texture wood grain effect veneer, 4 drawer and hutch, this computer desk with drawers is for you who are looking for the vintage desk.
This desk is quaint and comes in your choice of three different colors.
It has a file drawer as well as two regular drawers as well as a shallow desk drawer.
It also has a shelf underneath the desktop and a hutch and cubby at the back for extra storage and space.
The desk is 44.5 inches long and it has thicker legs for stability and the surface is waterproof and anti-scratch.
- 4 drawers as well as a cubby and shelves
- Reasonable price
- Sturdy and strong
- Poor quality control
- Instructions are unclear and difficult to read
- [Space-saving Design] - The white desk with drawers allows for space-saving and is designed to maximize any corner of office or home space. The office desk stands out with its rustic refreshing appearance and lends fashionable and modern appeal to your home office.
- [Sufficient Storage] - With wide spacious desktop for multiple monitors or laptops while 2 tiers bookcase shelves with drop off design, you will have enough room to manage paperwork keeping all documents organized and desktop clutter free. The 29.5-inch desktop height allows your legs relax after a long day of working.
This l-shaped desk comes in 4 different color options and has a rustic appearance with modern appeal.
It has 3 drawers and two shelves and the frame is made out of heavy-duty coated steel for durability.
It is also stable and sturdy even with heavy materials on the desk.
- Sturdy and durable
- Rustic appearance with 4 color options
- Three drawers and 2 shelves
- Odd design at the right angle takes up surface area
- Smaller than some options
- No file sized drawers
Final Thoughts on Office Desks with Drawers
There are tons of office desks with plenty of drawer space for your materials that you don’t want taking up the room on the surface of your desk.
There are also plenty of types that come at all styles, sizes, and prices.
Just make sure you keep your needs and wants in mind before deciding which option to purchase.
Last update on 2022-12-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API