Interested in learning about the best L-shaped gaming desks? You've come to the right place!
In this product review guide, I will go over...
- My top picks for the best L-shaped gaming desks.
- Why L-shaped gaming desks are better than other designs.
- What you should look for when buying an L-shaped gaming desk.
Let's get started!
When you’re a gamer, you already know how important it is to choose the right desk. The L-shaped desks tend to be the best for gaming enthusiasts, and this article will tell you why.
If you think about how many hours a lot of gaming fans play at their desks, it’s easy to understand why choosing the right desk is so important.
The desks shaped like L’s are considered the best ones to buy if you’re a gamer.
Because they are usually ergonomic, very durable, large enough to accommodate several monitors, and made out of high-quality materials so they’ll last a very long time.
Our Top 13 Best L-Shaped Gaming Desks?
- Mr IRONSTONE L shaped Desk (Our Top Pick)
- Coleshome L shaped Desk (Best Budget)
- Elephance Large L shaped Computer Desk with Shelves (Best High End)
What Are L-Shaped Gaming Desks?
L-shaped refers to the physical design of the desk.
The desk's surface has a longer side that meets with a shorter side at a 90-degree angle for a surface that closely resembles the letter L.
L-shaped desks are popular among gamers because the extended surface area of the desk allows gamers to set up two to four monitors for optimal gaming on a single desk.
There are many variations of this design, with some desks being rounded off at the corner, shorter sections of the L acting as an adjustable standing desk, and even some desks with a very small surface for the bottom of the L.
Some L-shaped desks have sleek designs that look awesome in a gaming room, while others look more traditional in design.
Read More >> Top 5 Best L-Shaped Office Desks? (2021 Review)
What are the Main Advantages of an L-shaped Desk?
L-shaped desks are very versatile because they make the perfect workstation for both home and office use.
If you need multiple monitors for work or play, you need an L-shaped desk so that the monitors are always easy to work with and easy to see.
While these desks used to be purchased only by business people, gamers now use them because of the many perks they offer.
One of the main perks is the fact that everything on the desk is easily accessible, and moving from one side of the desk to the other is a piece of cake.
This is a huge convenience when you’re gaming for hours at a time.
L-shaped desks are also great because each side of the desk is the same size, so it’s easy for you to get the desk set up exactly as you want it.
If you want both sides of the desk to look the same, you can do so.
If you want different conveniences on each side because your games are set up a different way, that’s simple to do as well.
Plus, with two different sides, it’s super-easy to keep the desk neat and make sure that everything you need is nearby so that you can get to it anytime you like.
L-shaped desks are big enough so that everything you need is at your disposal.
If you pair this type of desk with the perfect chair, it means you’ll have a great setup that will allow you to be as comfortable as possible regardless of how much time you spend playing your games.
With these desks, all of your equipment and accessories can stay organized at all times, and a lot of them even come with pockets to hold your various accessories such as your controller, headphones, and so much more.
What Are Some of the Different Types of L-Shaped Gaming Desks?
There are a variety of different types of L-shaped desks. Most of the design differences fall into the category of materials used.
Some L-shaped gaming desks are made with glass tabletops while others are made of a lightweight wood called particleboard.
You can even find more expensive desks that are made of solid wood and high-grade materials like machined metal, exotic woods, and more.
The only limit is your budget!
Other differences in types of desks are the shape. Yes, L-shaped desks look like an L, but some of them have rounded corners where the two sides meet.
Some have the corner cut off so that it can fit flush against the wall, and others have standard 90-degree angles.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Standing Desk for Gamers? (2021 Review)
What Makes an L-shaped Desk Unique?
When you’re researching L-shaped desks, it’s good to know what their features are so that you can compare one desk to another and decide which one is right for you.
Below are some of the features associated with this type of gaming desk:
Large surface area:
More than anything else, a large playing area is crucial when you’re gaming.
After all, most gamers use one or more monitors, keyboards, headphones, controllers, and numerous other devices that are important if you want to make the most out of your gaming experience.
When you’re gaming, the last thing you want to do is feel cluttered or crowded, which is why these desks can be so beneficial for you.
Perfect when playing with a partner:
If you’re playing a game with a partner, both of you need to have room to do what you need to do and to feel comfortable while doing it.
These desks are made to accommodate two people and keep both of them comfortable and engaged in the gaming process.
They also help each of you perform different tasks when you need to, without being inconvenienced or having a cumbersome or awkward experience.
Read More >> Are L-Shaped Desks Good for Gaming?
Make the most out of limited spaces:
If you think one desk isn’t appropriate for two different gamers, think again.
Even in this limited space, your devices stay organized and easy to find.
The truth is, you can keep a lot of different devices on an L-shaped desk and still know exactly where they are at any given moment.
L-shaped desks are essentially time- and space-savers and they do this without making your gaming time inconvenient for either you or your partner.
One of the biggest complaints that gamers have is that spending hours playing games can be very uncomfortable.
It can even cause aches and pains to muscles in your lower back, neck, shoulders, and even your legs.
Naturally, the right chair will help take care of those problems, but it also helps to know that a good desk will help as well.
These L-shaped desks will keep you comfortable even if you play your games for hours at a time without stopping.
Provide a great way to store all of your cords and devices:
Many L-shaped desks have storage compartments to hold all of your devices and equipment.
As well as a cable management system to hold all of your cords and cables so they stay out of the way both when you’re playing and while you’re using the desk for something else.
This feature also makes it much easier to use the desk both for gaming and for regular office work.
To be sure, once you learn about the features that make a gaming L-shaped desk unique, it’s easier to compare different brands and models of the desk, and the features just described are a great place to start.
Read More >> How to Hide Cords on a Desk
How Do L-Shaped Gaming Desks Work?
L-shaped gaming desks are great for multiple reasons.
First, they allow you to set up multiple gaming stations at a single desk so that you can easily switch between them without having to get up.
Second, the extended desktop space allows for multiple monitors to be set up, which is great for different types of gaming and even better for those who live stream while they are gaming.
Because you can see your game on one screen and the live stream on the other screen without interfering with the gaming.
When an L-shaped gaming desk is paired with the perfect gaming chair with wheels, you can have the freedom to move and see your whole setup with ease.
Read More >> Best Expensive Gaming Chairs (2021 Review)
Things to Consider When Researching L-Shaped Desks
Once you have your computer, monitors, headset, keyboard, and all your accessories, it’s a lot easier to decide what type of desk to buy.
Still, it’s good to know what to look for when buying an L-shaped desk.
After all, if your tower keeps overheating because there isn’t enough room to display it properly or you’re constantly hunched over your keyboard and mouse.
Which will cause your neck and shoulders to hurt constantly, it’s good to know things don’t have to stay that way for long.
Let’s face it, there are a lot of L-shaped desks on the market, and you have to have some way to compare apples to apples.
Because of this, we’ve comprised a list of some of the things you need to consider before choosing a good L-shaped desk, and here they are:
L-shaped desks come in all sizes and shapes, so you’ll want to take into consideration two things.
The first one is the size of the space you have available in your home, and the second is the space that all of your equipment – monitors, tower, etc. – takes up on the desk.
Take out a measuring tape and measure these things properly, and don’t forget to add an extra 3-5 square feet to accommodate your desk chair.
The materials that make up the desk:
A good sturdy desk can handle the weight of all the equipment that you intend to place there, and the more that equipment weighs, the more sturdy the materials need to be.
Keep in mind that glass and metal desks tend to have a high weight capacity and are perfect for real heavy gaming systems.
Hardwood desks can also accommodate heavy systems and are often thermal-resistant as well.
You can consider particle board if your system isn’t that heavy because even though it isn’t as sturdy as glass or metal, it is a lot cheaper.
The storage compartments are included with the desk:
If you have gaming guides, books, more than one controller, etc...
You should look for a desk that has drawers and shelves to keep those things in, and this shouldn’t be difficult.
Consider all of the items you wish to keep on your desk, then keep those things in mind before going shopping for a desk.
One of the many advantages of the right L-shaped desk is that they are efficient and are made to accommodate a lot of items and devices while still taking up a relatively small amount of space.
You can certainly choose another type of desk for your gaming apparatus, but L-shaped desks make the most of the space you have, and therefore they are super-efficient.
What are the Best L-Shaped Desks on the Market?
L-shaped desks have a lot of advantages for the average gamer, but if you are just starting your research on gaming desks, you might want a few suggestions when it comes to the best desks available today.
For this reason, we’ve put together a list of ten L-shaped gaming desks that have received high marks from both critics and real-life customers. Here is that list for your convenience:
#1 Mr IRONSTONE L shaped Desk (Our Top Pick)
- Easy to assemble & Express Services: Hassle free & Time Saving Installation for the L shaped computer desk. Mr IRONSTONE provides every l shaped desk with detailed assembly instructions and necessary tools. Fairly easy to assemble within 35 minutes. We promise to provide fast official shipping with earlier delivery than most sellers, providing you with an easy and pleasant shopping experience.
- Durable & Sturdy Construction: Constructed with thicken metal frame and P2 MDF board, this upgraded computer desk is much more durable and sturdier with a better load-capacity. The L shaped desk desktop is smooth & exquisite, and it won't be scratched even if you move mouse quickly. Ultra-sturdy X-shaped legs are strong enough to support up to 350lbs of weight without wobbling.
This is our top pick for the best L-shaped gaming desk. With over 28,000 customer reviews on Amazon and 4.7 out of 5 stars, it is clear that this desk is a crowd-pleaser.
The waterproof surface helps keep your desk looking great, even when you are snacking while gaming.
- Pro: Includes a 7.4" shelf on one side to easily have a raised monitor and game system or sensor bars directly under it.
- Con: It does not offer much in terms of cable management.
#2 Coleshome L shaped Desk (Best Budget)
- Multiple equipment support: Not only is it equipped with a headphone hook and cup holder, Coleshome L-shaped desk also has monitor stand. Both monitor stands are removable, so you can put them together or use them separately, giving you more working or gaming space to use and making your desk neater.
- Switchable Sides & Easy to Assemble: The left and right sides of this l-shaped computer desk can be interchanged during installation to accommodate different work habits. Detailed instructions and a pack of assembly tools are also provided, which can make your installation easier and successful in no time, even though you are a novice.
At a size of 66.1 x 49.21 x 28.5 inches, this is the perfect desk for gaming, relaxing, or working on that report for the office.
It supports up to 2 monitors and has a weight capacity of 400 pounds, which means it can hold a lot of your accessories and equipment and give you the perfect setup to play as many games as you like.
Made out of sturdy engineered wood, it can also take a lot of abuse and keep on going, which means you can play games for hours and not worry about wear and tear on your desk.
The desk is available in four different colors and starts at around $135, and it comes with everything you need to put it together.
So there’s no need to rush out and buy any additional equipment.
It has a 4.4-star rating on Amazon (out of a possible 5 stars) and a full 87% of all reviewers have given it either 4 or 5 stars.
Owners of the desk like the size, the color choices, and of course, the price, and the fact that it is so easy to put together is a huge bonus.
- Very reasonably priced
- Has a weight capacity of 400 pounds
- Made out of sturdy engineered wood
- Can be put together without any additional equipment
- Some complaints about customer service
- Some say it’s time-consuming to put together
#3 Elephance Large L shaped Computer Desk with Shelves (Best High End)
- Enrich Use Space: This large L shaped computer desk features two 2-tier open shelves for storage, providing plenty of surface space for your monitors, laptops or maybe other office supplies and organization. If you need the space for a large computer chassis, feel free to remove the middle shelf for some extra room.
- Spacious Workstation: (56.9+56.9) L x 21.6D x 29.5H inch, full L Shape design fits snugly in a corner to maximize your limited space. The beveled edge design in the middle provides more working space.
The Elephance Large L-shaped desk has a beautiful, elegant design that fits any room. It may not be what you'd expect in a gaming room decked out with LED and neon signs, but for a nice classy-looking gaming room, this high-end desk wins our seal of approval.
- Pro: Quality wood design makes it great for gaming and office work.
- Con: It is a high-end desk, so it costs more than most L-shaped gaming desks.
- Function Meets Style: Can easily fit 2 monitors on one side and still have plenty of space for a computer, a printer and assorted things on the other side. Equipped with 3 cable holes, the desk with storage functions better in home and office
- 2 Different Configurations: Chosen it to be a 59.5" corner desk or a 95.5" double long desk, it's up to you. The l option makes full use of corner space and the long option is very suitable for 2 person working together
The Bestier L-shaped gaming desk is great for many reasons, primarily the cable management options.
With three holes that allow you to easily feed cables under the desk, you do not have to worry about pulling monitors or keyboards on the floor by mistake.
It also has four shelves for extra storage.
- Pro: Four shelves provide extra storage for gaming equipment.
- Con: It is a slightly more expensive desk.
#5 DESIGNA 60
- ★【Ample space L Shaped Computer Desk】— (1) Wide desktop & space saving, make the most of your space, easy to fit snugly in a corner to maximize your limited space, you will have plenty of surface space for writing, computer work and other home office activities. (2) Desk Panel Dimension: 61 4/5"(L) x 43 3/10"(Left size) & 23 3/5''(Right size)(W) . Height: 29.5", with large legroom underneath, home office corner desk provides plenty of space to stretch your legs freely or storing file cabinet.
- ★【Healthy & High Quality Desk & Mouse Pad】— (1) Made of CARB Phase 2 & TSCA Title VI compliant particleboard, the home office table has no harmful substance, not only can be waterproof, anti-scratching, more importantly, it is healthy to your family and pets, making you feel like in the forest. (2) The large mouse pad( 31 * 23 inch), is ideal for decorating your desk, which is scratch-resistant, anti-collision and waterproof, can protect the home computer desk surface from daily wear and tear.
This is a high-quality L-shaped desk that has a weight capacity of 300 pounds and can be assembled quickly.
You don’t even need any extra or specialized tools to put it together because everything you need is included in the package.
The desk is 62 x 44 x 30 inches in size and is made out of CARB-compliant P2 particle board.
It is made out of scratch-resistant, eco-friendly materials and comes with a large-sized mouse pad to make all of your gaming experiences a lot more fun.
The Designa L-shaped desk also comes with a lot more legroom than many people expect, so if you’re extra tall it is still a very comfortable desk to try.
It is a corner desk that comes in both left-hand and right-hand designs, which means you can place it right where you need it every time.
It is available for just under $200, and the large surface makes it a perfect desk for both personal and business use.
The desk is so high-quality that it has garnered a 4.8-star rating (out of a possible 5 stars) on sites such as Amazon.
- Has more legroom than most gaming desks
- Comes in both left-hand and right-hand designs
- Has a weight capacity of 300 pounds
- Comes with everything you need to put it together properly
- Some complaints that the screw holes don’t line up right
- Some claim the desk arrived with scratches on it
- ♒【Extra Storage Space】 This computer desk not only provides spacious desktop to finish your computer work, study homework, gaming entertainment or other home office activities, but also designed with 2 open shelves to perfectly store books, documents, files or small decorations.
- ♒【Applicable Room and Function】 Can be a computer desk, study desk, gaming desk.
The BestOffice L-shaped computer desk is versatile enough to be used for gaming or fork, and its 66-inch size means it can accommodate a lot of accessories and equipment.
It is 66.34 x 49.21 x 28.54 inches in size and weighs around 48 pounds, making it easy to maneuver it from one room to another when you need to do so.
It can support up to 2 monitors and is made out of high-quality engineered wood, which means it can take a lot of abuse and keep on going.
For a price of under $80, it is affordable for everyone, and as of this writing, it has a 4.4-star rating (out of a possible 5 stars) on Amazon.
A full 84% of all reviewers have given this desk either 4 or 5 stars, which says a lot about its overall quality.
The desk is easy to put together and comes with everything you need to do just that, and at this price, you can afford to purchase more than one if that’s what you need.
This is a versatile, sturdy desk you’ll be able to enjoy for many years to come.
- Very reasonably priced
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Able to support up to 2 monitors
- Made out of engineered wood and is therefore sturdy
- Some claim the desk is wobbly
- Some claim the desk is hard to put together
- L Shaped Gaming Desk Saving-Space : You have more choices of the computer desks in your limited space , besides the rectangle computer writing desk , this 3-piece L shaped computer desk is the better choice which fits snugly in every corner , providing more space for working , studying , gaming in bedroom room , home office room and home entertainment center.
- Reversible L Corner Computer Desk: Come with 2 different length board ,long board size: 39x18.9 inch short panel size:25.2x18.9 inch. this 3-piece L desk can be installed with the longer board placed on either side for more flexible use. 29.1 inch height provides plenty of leg room for rest and enough space for CPU stand display.
This reversible L-shaped gaming desk can also be used as a workspace and therefore, you can use it either at home or at the office.
It comes with a built-in CPU holder and the capacity to hold up to 100 pounds worth of devices, and the surface is both moisture- and scratch-resistant.
This desk is extremely easy to clean because all you have to do to remove messes is wipe it off with a damp cloth.
It is also a steal at around $110, which anyone can afford.
Made out of P2 particle board, the GreenForest desk is 58.1 x 44.3 x 18.9 inches in size, and if you want a U-shaped desk all you have to do is buy two of them and put them together.
It has a 4.5-star rating (out of a possible 5 stars) on Amazon, with 87% of the reviewers giving it either 4 or 5 stars.
This is a very high-quality desk that offers a lot of perks for the price. It both looks good and works great, and its versatility means you can use it for an office desk if you like.
- Very reasonably priced
- Has a weight capacity of 100 pounds
- Easy to clean - just use a damp cloth
- Comes with a built-in CPU holder
- Some complaints about the overall quality of the desk
- Some claim it is difficult to put together
- Reversible L-Shaped Computer Desk: The reversible L-shaped corner desk dimension is 58(long side) x 44(short side) x 29.5(height). The double spacious desktop provides plenty of space for gaming, writing, working, handcraft, and other activities. The round corner with an excellent cable and wire organizer.
- High Resistance on Scratch: The gaming desk is made of 0.6" thick P2 grade particle wood. The l-shaped desk comes with a stain and corrosion-resistant finish, and high resistance to scratch & friction, so simply wipe the corner desk clean with a damp cloth and mild cleaner.
This reversible gaming desk comes in both black and beige and has a separate CPU holder underneath and a separate keyboard tray underneath.
It is made out of P2 particle board and has a steel frame, and it is made to accommodate up to 110 pounds of weight, as well as 2 different monitors.
Its 57.8 x 44 x 29.1-inch size is perfect for use as a corner desk, and it’s super-easy to put together because all of the instructions and tools necessary are in the package.
The desk has a 4.4-star rating on Amazon (out of a possible 5 stars) and 84% of the reviewers have given the product either 4 or 5 stars.
Also, the frame is powder-coated and rust- and stain-resistant. To clean the desk, all you need is a damp cloth and a mild cleaning agent.
The price is affordable for everyone.
If you need a sturdy and versatile desk that you can purchase without breaking the bank, this is it.
- Made out of sturdy P2 particle board
- Materials are eco-friendly
- Super-easy to put together
- Very reasonably priced
- Some complaints about assembly being very time-consuming
- Some claim some of the drill holes were missing
- 【Multiple Usage】: Teraves modern L shaped desk flaunts a modern design with round corner, which creates a workspace that is both simple and attractive. It is very suitable for any home, office, studying, gaming or working.
- 【Humanized Design】: L shaped computer desk has a sturdy frame design that supports all your office essentials. With a sliding CPU stand, moving computer freely and protecting the host from the damp. Constructed by high-quality particle board, easing to clean.
This great-looking L-shaped desk comes in two sizes and several different colors. It sells for just over $135, so it’s reasonable for most everyone.
It has a weight capacity of 450 pounds and can accommodate up to 3 monitors, making it the perfect gaming table.
It also comes in a size of 66.1 x 47.2 x 29.7 inches and is super-easy to assemble.
Made out of engineered wood, the Teraves L-shaped desk looks great and is built to last, so you can count on enjoying it for many years to come.
The desk also has a 4.6-star rating (out of a possible 5 stars), with a full 92% of reviewers giving it either 4 or 5 stars.
This is indeed a sturdy desk that even has a built-in CPU holder at the bottom, which means you won’t have to take up unnecessary room on top of your desk with this device.
If you’re looking for a well-built gaming desk that you can also use as a work desk, this is it. It is versatile, inexpensive, and just the right size to accommodate your needs.
- Very reasonably priced
- Has a weight capacity of 450 pounds
- Accommodates up to 3 monitors
- Highly rated on sites such as Amazon
- Some claim the desk arrived in bad shape
- Some complaints about screw holes not lining up properly
- Model: S-203B 1 year warranty and suitable for home office use. ※All of Synthetic wood furniture in TOPSKY were using CARB P2 Class board.
- Material: Melamine and 0.71”/1.8cm CARB P2 Class MDF Board, 0.04”/1mm thick steel with epoxy coating
The Topsky L-shaped desk is 55 x 55 x 23.6 inches in size and has a weight capacity of a whopping 300 pounds.
It can accommodate up to 3 monitors and is easy to assemble. You can put it together without running out and spending money on additional materials.
It is made out of sturdy metal and E1 particle board, which is both eco-friendly and sturdy, and its price of $170 makes it affordable for everyone.
It also comes with a unique bevel design and is available in four different color combinations.
The Topsky L-shaped desk has a 4.7-star rating on Amazon, out of a possible 5 stars, and a full 94% of the reviewers have given it either 4 or 5 stars.
This high rating means you can trust this desk to work the way it’s supposed to work and last for many years to come.
It has a sturdy steel frame that can take a lot of abuse and keep on going, and it is low-maintenance because it is super-easy to clean.
Whatever you’re looking for in an L-shaped desk, the Topsky desk is sure to have it.
- Sturdy and eco-friendly wood
- Reasonably priced
- Comes in 4 different color combinations
- Can accommodate 3 monitors and hold up to 300 pounds of equipment
- Some complaints about missing pre-drilled holes
- Some complaints about pre-drilled holes not lining up
- [MODERN SIMPLE L-SHAPED COMPUTER DESK OFFICE DESK] - come with Free CPU Stand - made of E1 class environment protection particial board (desktop) & thicker steel (frame & leg) )
- [L-SHAPED CORNER DESIGN] - wide faux marble desktop & space saving, you will have plenty of surface space for writing, computer work and other home office activities
The Tribesigns L-shaped desk is a very sturdy, durable gaming desk that can support up to 3 monitors and is easy to put together even if you’re not mechanically inclined.
Its dimensions are roughly 66.1 x 49.2 x 29.1 inches, and it has a weight limit of 450 pounds, which means it can support a lot of your gaming equipment and accessories without worry.
It also comes with a complete set of instructions and everything you need to put together immediately, which means you can be using it shortly after taking it out of the package.
This desk is made out of metal and E1 particle board, and its current price is around $160. It is available in several different colors and will therefore match your decor.
The desk is perfect for other things besides gaming, including work-related tasks. Keep it in your home or office and enjoy its many benefits.
At only $160, you can afford to purchase more than one of them. Tribesigns is also a dependable brand, so you can count on keeping the desk for a very long time.
- Very reasonably priced
- Large 450-pound capacity
- Very sturdy and long-lasting
- Comes with easy-to-understand assembly instructions
- Some complaints about the overall quality
- Some complaints that the desk wasn’t strong enough
- Dimensions: 28.25” H x 51” L x 20” L, Keyboard tray: 3” H x 11.75” D x 21” L
- 2 side surfaces support up to 50 Ibs. each, corner top surface supports up to 20 Ibs., and keyboard tray supports up to 10 Ibs.
This L-shaped desk has a size of 29 x 51 x 20 inches and is made mostly out of sturdy glass.
It can accommodate up to 3 monitors and up to 100 pounds, and it is also very easy to put together.
This 51-inch desk even comes with a convenient keyboard tray, which allows for more room on the desk itself, and it currently has a 4.6-star rating (out of a possible 5 stars) on Amazon.
The glass is safety-engineered and very sturdy, and it can give any room it’s in a little extra ambiance due to its attractive look.
If you like the look of tinted glass but you still need a dependable gaming desk, this is one to consider.
It enables you to make good use of the space that’s available, and if you need extra assurance, just know that 89% of the reviewers on Amazon gave this desk either 4 or 5 stars.
It is also available in four other colors, and the prices start at less than $80.
This makes it a great gaming desk that will last a long time and won’t break the bank to purchase.
- Accommodates up to 100 pounds and up to 3 monitors
- Very reasonably priced
- High-tech and quality glass
- Comes in 5 different colors and designs
- Some complaints about the glass breaking
- Some complaints that the keyboard tray was unstable
- [Large L Shape Desk with Plenty of Space] Double spacious desk tops provide plenty of surface space for gaming activities ,home office work and other activities. 29.7-inch-high large leg room underneath allows to stretch your legs freely, providing a very comfortable seating space for the larger woman or big frame man.
- [Space-saving Design] L shaped corner design,fits perfectly in a corner to maximize your limited space. If you have multiple laptops or several monitors and still need to make room for writing, then this L-shaped desk is definitely a perfect desk for you.
If you aren’t mechanically inclined but need a sturdy desk that you can put together easily, this is one to consider.
It can support up to 3 monitors and can accommodate up to 450 pounds of weight, due to its high-quality materials.
Made out of wood from P2 particle board and black metal that is sleek and modern-looking, this 66-inch desk is available for around $120.
There is a cheaper and smaller one if you prefer that size, and they both come in a variety of colors.
Sized at 66.1 x 47.2 x 29.7 inches, this is a great desk that makes efficient use of its space, allowing you to place a lot of different accessories on it without weighing it down too much.
The desk has gained a 4.6-star rating on Amazon (out of a possible 5 stars), with 90% of its reviewers giving the product either 4 or 5 stars.
It is a high-quality desk that you’ll be able to enjoy for many years to come, regardless of what you decide to use it for.
- Accommodates up to 3 monitors
- Made out of quality particle board and metal
- Very reasonably priced
- A great size at 66 inches
- Some claim the S-shaped joints came bent
- Some claim some of the screw holes were missing
What Features Should You Look For In an L-Shaped Desk?
We’ve already mentioned features such as the size, the materials, and the storage compartments that might come with your L-shaped gaming desk.
Other things are equally important when you’re trying to find the perfect gaming desk for your needs.
Here are a few of them:
Simply put, ergonomics refers to the way certain components of the desk are made, and they’re made to help make it comfortable for you to play for long periods without suffering from frames and pains.
Many gaming desks are ergonomically designed, and this means they are made in such a way that you can remain in one position for a long time and remain comfortable.
If you’re a gamer who loves to play for hours at a time without stopping, you need a desk that is ergonomically designed.
Let’s face it, gaming desks can get abused quite a bit, so you’ll want one that can withstand a lot of activity and keep on going.
As a general rule, you get what you pay for in this category, so don’t be afraid to pay a little more for a sturdy, well-built desk.
Just like desks of other shapes, the stronger the wood and steel that make up your L-shaped desk, the longer it will last and the more you’ll get to enjoy it.
A lot of gaming desks have specialized features, including CPU holders at the bottom of the desk, and pull-out trays for your keyboard underneath the desk.
As well as other conveniences such as built-in devices to hold your headphones, store your user manuals, and store your controller.
The more devices you have underneath and on the sides of your desk, the more room you’ll have on top of the desk for accessories and equipment.
This alone makes these specialized features extremely important and convenient.
The truth is that L-shaped desks come with numerous features, each of them important to someone.
Once you determine which of these features is most important to you, it’ll be a lot easier to find the right L-shaped gaming desk for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About L-Shaped Gaming Desks:
Q: Do I need a multipurpose desk?
A: L-shaped desks serve multiple purposes because they can be used for gaming or office work.
They can be placed in a corner of the room, against a wall, or even in the middle of the room.
The reason they are so good for gaming is that gaming desks need to have a lot of room yet not take up a lot of space in the room they’re in.
In other words, gaming requires different features depending on the user, but an L-shaped desk can accommodate everyone.
Q: Do L-shaped desks really provide more space than regular desks?
A: While it might seem like standard desks provide more space, L-shaped desks are usually a more efficient use of that space.
It’s like having two desks instead of one, even though sometimes the two desks are not as wide as a standard desk.
Still, an L-shaped desk is a great way to get the space you need when you’re gaming without having to pay for two separate desks.
Q: What else are L-shaped desks good for?
A: In addition to being used as a gaming desk, L-shaped desks can be used in offices and even in waiting or lobby areas.
You can use them to hold printers and other office equipment, as well as coffee machines and snack trays if you’re using them in your visitors’ or lobby space.
To be sure, L-shaped desks do not have to be used only for gaming, and they don’t have to be used only for personal use.
Q: What are some of the most reputable brands for L-shaped gaming desks?
A: In addition to the names listed above, look for brands such as Mr. Ironstone, Homall, ODK, Rolanstar, Unikito, Sedeta, CubiCubi, DesiFit, HomCom, and TBfit, to name a few.
These are not the only reputable brands when it comes to L-shaped gaming desks, of course, but they can be considered some of the best makers of this product.
Q: How much can I expect to pay for a well-built L-shaped gaming desk?
A: There are so many types of L-shaped desks on the market that it’s impossible to provide an estimate of the costs of these desks.
There are a lot of factors that go into the price of a gaming desk that is L-shaped, including what it’s made out of, its size, and any special features that are built into it.
That being said, you can expect to pay anywhere from around $80 to more than $2,000 for an L-shaped gaming desk, although the latter includes executive-style desks that are made out of real wood and are usually very large.
When shopping for an L-shaped gaming desk, it’s important to consider your budget and buy what you can afford, and for most people, this is a desk that costs a few hundred dollars.
Q: What is the best way to research the various L-shaped gaming desks?
A: Starting your research online is simple and fast, and you should always read reviews from real-life customers that are not found on the company’s website, simply because these companies may list only the positive reviews.
Sites such as Quora and Reddit are not as reputable as other third-party sites because they list opinions and not actual reviews, but you can use them when you’re just getting started if you like.
Keep in mind that all products will get a handful of bad reviews, but as long as the majority of the reviews are positive, you can feel comfortable going with that particular desk.
You should also decide beforehand which features you want in a gaming desk so that you can compare different desks efficiently.
And while your budget is an important consideration, the overall quality and functionality of the desk are equally important to the money you’ll spend, if not more important.
In the end, your goal should be to purchase a desk that is well-built, long-lasting, and meets all of your needs when you finally sit down to start playing those games.
Final Thoughts on L-Shaped Gaming Desks
Keep in mind that today’s L-shaped gaming desks can be small or large, contemporary or traditional, standard or very fancy.
Some of them have built-in file cabinets underneath and some are so basic that they consist of a simple desktop and nothing else.
A few even have hutches above them, and the L-shaped desks used in executive offices are often very large, heavy, and exquisite.
The point is, whatever you’re looking for in a gaming desk or an L-shaped desk, you can find it if you first determine what you want.
The information in this article should be enough to at least help you get started when you need a great L-shaped gaming desk.
These are desks that make the most out of the space you have and are made with numerous features to make your gaming experience a lot more fun, not to mention more comfortable.
You’ll be surprised by how many of these desks are available, so you shouldn’t have any trouble finding one you love.
Last update on 2022-12-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API