Interested in learning about the Best L Shaped Gaming Desks? In this product review guide, I will go over...
- My top pick for the #1 best L shaped gaming desk
- Why L shaped gaming desks are better than other designs
- What you should look for when buying an L shaped gaming desk
Let's get started!
Our Top 5 Best L Shaped Gaming Desks?
- Mr IRONSTONE L shaped Desk (Our Top Pick)
- Coleshome L shaped Desk (Best Budget)
- Elephance Large L shaped Computer Desk with Shelves (Best High End)
- Bestier L shaped Gaming Desk with Shelves
- DESIGNA 60
What are L shaped Gaming Desks?
L shaped refers to the physical design of the desk. With the desk's surface having a longer side that meets with a shorter side at a 90-degree angle for a surface that closely resembles the letter L.
L shaped desks are popular among gamers because the extended surface area of the desk allows gamers to set up two to four monitors for optimal gaming on a single desk.
There are many variations of this design, with some desks being rounded off at the corner, shorter sections of the L acting as an adjustable standing desk, and even some desks with a very small surface for the bottom of the L.
Some L shaped desks have sleek designs that look awesome in a gaming room, while others look more traditional in design.
Read More >> Top 5 Best L-Shaped Office Desks? (2021 Review)
What are the Different Types of L shaped Gaming Desks?
There are a variety of different types of L shaped desks. Most of the design differences fall into the category of materials used.
Some L shaped gaming desks are made with a glass tabletop, others are made of a lightweight wood called particleboard, and you can even find more expensive desks that are made of solid wood.
Other differences in types of desks are the shape. Yes, L shaped desks look like an L, but some of them have rounded corners where the two sides meet.
Some have the corner cut off so that it can fit flush against the wall, and others have standard 90-degree angles.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Standing Desk for Gamers? (2021 Review)
How does The Best L shaped Gaming Desks Work?
L shaped gaming desks are great for multiple reasons. First, they allow you to set up multiple gaming stations at a single desk so that you can easily switch between them without having to get up.
Second, the extended desktop space allows for multiple monitors to be set up, which is great for different types of gaming and even better for those who live stream while they are gaming.
Because you can see your game on one screen and the live stream on the other screen without interfering with the gaming.
When an L shaped gaming desk is paired with the perfect gaming chair with wheels, you can have the freedom to move and see your whole setup with ease.
Read More >> Best Expensive Gaming Chairs (2021 Review)
What to Look for in the Best L Shaped Gaming Desks?
There are three primary things to look for when you are shopping for an L shaped gaming desk: surface area, style, and cable management.
The surface area is the amount of space that you have to set things on the top of the desk. You need to know how long and how wide you want your desk to be.
This can be determined by the amount of space available in your gaming room and how much you are planning to put on your gaming desk.
Varying styles, including color and slight variations in shape, are something to consider. If you are just looking for a cheap desk to hold your game systems and monitors, this may not be as important to you.
However, if you are looking for the perfect desk, you need to consider available styles.
Cable management is probably one of the most important things to consider because if you are going to have wires and cables sticking out everywhere, this could be dangerous to you and your gaming equipment.
Read More >> How to Hide Cords on a Desk
Having holes that are cut for feeding cables through the top of the desk or ways to hide cables to keep from pulling things in the floor is important.
Best L Shaped Gaming Desks Reviewed
#1 Mr IRONSTONE L shaped Desk (Our Top Pick)
- Nearly full L Shaped Desk with Optional Space Saving Monitor Shelf: Nearly full L Shape design, make the most of your space, easy to fit snugly in a corner to maximize your limited space. Space-save monitor shelf of l desk for your monitors leaves plenty of surface space for your keyboard and mouse when writing, gaming, computer work, and other home office activities.
- Durable & Sturdy Construction: The L shaped desk is constructed by high-quality P2 Mdf Board & Metal Frame. The desk frame is made of heavy-duty powder-coated steel which ensures stability and durability, 1.2" by 0.6" bar width strong enough to support heavy duty parcels.
This is our top pick for the best L shaped gaming desk. With over 28,000 customer reviews on Amazon and 4.7 out of 5 stars, it is clear that this desk is a crowd-pleaser.
The waterproof surface helps keep your desk looking great, even when you are snacking while gaming.
- Pro: Includes a 7.4" shelf on one side to easily have a raised monitor and game system or sensor bars directly under it.
- Con: It does not offer much in terms of cable management.
#2 Coleshome L shaped Desk (Best Budget)
- Wide Space with L Shaped Design: Made of sleek Wide desktop with a monitor shelf attached. You will have plenty of surface space for writing, computer work and other home office activities. Extra wide dismountable monitor shelf gives you extra layer of storage space, plenty of space for dual/trio monitors.
- Sturdy Frame with High Quality Material: Thick metal frames & Extra metal brackets ensure the stability of the desk. Desktop made of Particle Board, is waterproof, anti-scratch, and very easy to clean. Desk frame is made of heavy duty powder coated steel which ensures the stability and durability, 1.57" by 0.7" bar width makes it strong enough to support heavy duty parcels. Adjustable leveling studs are included to keep the desk stable even on uneven floor.
This desk is very similar in design to the Mr IRONSTONE, but the corner is cut off where the two sides meet, making it easy to push up against a wall or you can tuck your cables down the back without worrying about them getting smashed between the desk and the wall if you put the desk in a corner.
- Pro: X-shaped legs allow for support and style.
- Con: The official Max load is only 110 pounds, so it may not work for heavier equipment.
#3 Elephance Large L shaped Computer Desk with Shelves (Best High End)
- Enrich Use Space: This large L shaped computer desk features two 2-tier open shelves for storage, providing plenty of surface space for your monitors, laptops or maybe other office supplies and organization. If you need the space for a large computer chassis, feel free to remove the middle shelf for some extra room.
- Spacious Workstation: (56.9+56.9) L x 21.6D x 29.5H inch, full L Shape design fits snugly in a corner to maximize your limited space. The beveled edge design in the middle provides more working space.
The Elephance Large L shaped desk has a beautiful, elegant design that fits any room. It may not be what you'd expect in a gaming room decked out with LED and neon signs, but for a nice classy-looking gaming room, this high-end desk wins our seal of approval.
- Pro: Quality wood design makes it great for gaming and office work.
- Con: It is a high-end desk, so it costs more than most L shaped gaming desks.
- 【L-shaped Desk or Extra Long Desk】 - Adjust the gaming desk into 59.45” l-shaped corner desk for small space, or 95.5" extra-long desk for large space. Double tables desk design for 2-person seat and no interference.
- 【Desk with Flexible Storage Shelves】- When becoming an l-shaped desk, the ladder shelves can be installed at right + middle or at left + middle. When a long desk, the shelves can be installed at right + middle.
The Bestier L shaped gaming desk is great for many reasons, primarily the cable management options.
With three holes that allow you to easily feed cables under the desk, you do not have to worry about pulling monitors or keyboards in the floor by mistake. It also has four shelves for extra storage.
- Pro: Four shelves provide extra storage for gaming equipment.
- Con: It is a slightly more expensive desk.
#5 DESIGNA 60
- ★【Ample space L Shaped Computer Desk】— (1) Wide desktop & space saving, make the most of your space, easy to fit snugly in a corner to maximize your limited space, you will have plenty of surface space for writing, computer work and other home office activities. (2) Desk Panel Dimension: 61 4/5"(L) x 43 3/10"(Left size) & 23 3/5''(Right size)(W) . Height: 29.5", with large legroom underneath, home office corner desk provides plenty of space to stretch your legs freely or storing file cabinet.
- ★【Healthy & High Quality Desk & Mouse Pad】— (1) Made of CARB Phase 2 & TSCA Title VI compliant particleboard, the home office table has no harmful substance, not only can be waterproof, anti-scratching, more importantly, it is healthy to your family and pets, making you feel like in the forest. (2) The large mouse pad( 31 * 23 inch), is ideal for decorating your desk, which is scratch-resistant, anti-collision and waterproof, can protect the home computer desk surface from daily wear and tear.
If you are looking for an L shaped gaming desk for a small space, this 60" desk is a great choice.
The simple and sleek design will look great in any gaming room, and because the short end of this L shaped desk measures less than 30", you can easily fit it in a small corner.
- Pro: Sturdy legs allow this small desk to hold up to 500 pounds of gaming equipment.
- Con: Waterproof surface, but may be susceptible to stains or scratches.
Final Thoughts on L shaped Gaming Desks
L shaped gaming desks are great for giving you the space you need to spread out and game in style.
Don't forget to consider the style, surface area, and cable management options before making your purchase. Ready to start playing?
Last update on 2021-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API