Interested in learning about the best L shaped office desks? In this product review guide, I will go over...
- My #1 top pick for the best L shaped office desk.
- What you should look for in L shaped office desks.
- How L shaped office desks work.
Let’s get started!
Our Top 5 Best L Shaped Office Desks?
- Ameriwood Home Dakota L-Shaped Desk with Bookshelves (Our Top Pick)
- GreenForest L Shaped Office Desk (Best Budget)
- Bush Furniture Cabot L Shaped Desk with Hutch (Best High End)
What are L Shaped Office Desks?
L shaped office desks are designed to go in corners or create a counter-top-like vibe when place in the center of a room. They provide users with additional workspace for placing laptops, personal printers, or having a place to write.
Read More >> Best Standing Desks for Laptops (2021 Review)
When placed in the corner of a small office, L shaped office desks can help to maximize the space in a small office by filling the corner and providing extra storage if they are equipped with shelves, cubbies, or drawers.
What are the Different Types of L Shaped Office Desks?
L shaped office desks come in a variety of shapes, styles, colors, and materials.
Though all desks that are classified as L shaped have two sides that meet at a 90-degree angle, some have long and short sides while some have sides of equal length and width.
Various styles include standing desks, adjustable sitting to standing desks, and desks with drawers, shelves, cubbies, and/or a hutch stacked on top of the desk.
Read More >> Top 5 Best L-Shaped desks With Drawers
Colors range from transparent (glass) to black or white and from various shades of stains to different stone-looking finishes.
The most common materials include glass, metal, solid wood, particleboard, and laminate.
How do L Shaped Office Desks Work?
L shaped office desks work by giving you more space to complete tasks like using your computer and turning in your chair to complete writing tasks.
This allows you to stay in one location to complete your tasks without having to shift your things around on the desktop. They also allow you to utilize the space in your office by fitting into corners without putting you against the wall.
What to Look for in the Best L Shaped Office Desks?
When you are shopping around for an L shaped office desk, you need to consider two primary things: Budget and office space.
There is a big range in prices for L shaped office desks. You can easily get cheaper desks that are still pretty good quality for less than $100. You can also very easily drop a couple of thousands of dollars on a really fancy L shaped office desk.
It is important to know your budget before you start shopping so that you can begin with shopping under your budget and work your way up. You will likely be surprised at the quality products you can get for an affordable price.
If you are shopping for an L shaped office desk for a reception area or a big corner office, you will most likely want a desk that looks really nice in the space you are trying to fill.
You will want color and style that not only matches the décor of the room, but you will also want something that is functional for the space it is in.
On the other hand, if you are just putting a desk in a small cubicle where no one will see the backside of the desk, you could save yourself some money by keeping the design of the desk simple.
Be aware of the office space where you will use the desk before you begin shopping around.
Read More >> Top 5 Best L-Shaped Desks With Hutch
Best L Shaped Office Desks Reviewed
- Create the perfect office space with the Ameriwood Home Dakota L-Shaped Desk with Bookshelves.
- Assembled dimensions: 28.31”H x 51.34”W x 53.62”D
This is our number one top pick for several reasons. With over 12,000 reviews on Amazon, it has a 4.3-star rating, and it is extremely affordable, costing less than $90.
It is made of laminate and particleboard, but it has a beautiful wood-like finish.
- Pro: It has a complete 360-degree finish, so it does not need to be against a wall.
- Con: Does not have any drawers for storage.
#2 GreenForest L Shaped Office Desk (Best Budget)
- L Shaped Gaming Desk Saving-Space : You have more choices of the computer desks in your limited space , besides the rectangle computer writing desk , this 3-piece L shaped computer desk is the better choice which fits snugly in every corner , providing more space for working , studying , gaming in bedroom room , home office room and home entertainment center.
- Reversible L Corner Computer Desk: Come with 2 different length board ,long board size: 39x18.9 inch short panel size:25.2x18.9 inch. this 3-piece L desk can be installed with the longer board placed on either side for more flexible use. 29.1 inch height provides plenty of leg room for rest and enough space for CPU stand display.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly contemporary style office desk, check out this one by GreenForest. It is super lightweight, coming in at less than 40 pounds fully assembled, and the simple design works great for cubicles and open offices alike.
- Pro: Easy to assemble.
- Con: No built-in storage.
#3 Bush Furniture Cabot L Shaped Desk with Hutch (Best High End)
- Your purchase includes One Bush Furniture Cabot L-Shaped Desk with Hutch in Espresso Oak, CAB001EPO model | This bundle includes RTA CA1 60” L-Desk, 60W L Desk & Hutch
- Desk dimensions - 59" W x 59" D x 66" H | Please refer to product pictures for additional measurements
For those looking for a high-end L shaped desk with lots of storage to be used in a corner, this one by Bush Furniture is an excellent choice.
The desk itself has two cubbies, a cabinet, a file drawer, and a storage drawer, and the hutch that is mounted to the left or right side of the desk gives additional storage space and a place to hang things like corkboards.
- Pro: Has built-in USBs and electrical sockets on top.
- Con: Significantly more expensive than most desks with fewer storage options.
- 【L shaped Desk or Extra Long Desk】 - Adjustable 2 Person Desk into 59.45” L-shaped Corner Desk for Small Space, or 95.5" extra-long desk for large space. Double Tables Desk design for 2-person seat and no interference.
- 【Desk With Flexible Storage Shelves】- When assembled as L-shaped Desk, the Ladder Shelves can be Installed at right + Middle or at left + Middle. When assembled as a Long Desk, the shelves can be installed at right + Middle.
This L shaped desk is the definition of keeping it simple. It has four shelves on it and is reversible, so the shelves can go on the left or right side.
There are nine color options to choose from, and the metal and engineered wood design is simple but elegant.
- Pro: Has three holes for cable management.
- Con: Instructions for assembly are a bit confusing.
- Modern Design Style: Cubiker L Shaped desk unifies rigid metal with MDF boards
- Durable and Sturdy: The sturdy frame can support all your office essentials
This L shaped desk by Cubiker is relatively inexpensive and modern in style. The metal legs make it sturdy, and it weighs less than 50 pounds.
Though it has limited storage, it has a monitor stand which you could also use as a standing desk with a laptop, and it has a storage bag on one end and a hoo for hanging things like bags on the other end.
- Pro: Lightweight but sturdy enough to hold multiple monitors.
- Con: Does not have holes for cable management.
Final Thoughts on L Shaped Office Desks
L shaped office desks are a great addition to offices that are both big or small.
You can choose the styles and design that suits your needs and work comfortably on a variety of tasks without having to worry about your workspace being too cluttered or constantly moving things around.
Last update on 2021-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API