Do you want a durable standing desk for your home office, shop, or studio? Check out this guide to learn more about:
- The top 5 industrial standing desks that meet your specific needs
- What makes this type of desk different and dependable
- What to look for when shopping for a standing desk
Let’s dive in!
Our Top 5 Industrial Standing Desks
- S Stand Up Crank Adjustable Height Standing Desk (Our Top Pick)
- IBUYKE 40” Bar Table, Industrial Standing Computer Desk (Best Budget)
- Fully Jarvis Standing Desk 60" x 30" Natural Bamboo Top (Best High End)
What Are Industrial Standing Desks?
Sitting can make you feel cramped and tired.
But some standing desks aren’t sturdy enough for heavy work materials. Industrial standing desks are a suitable option that you can rely on for dependability.
Even if you don’t have heavy materials, choosing one of these standing desks may be a good choice because they are less prone to malfunctions or deterioration.
Industrial standing desks are not just ordinary standing desks - they're usually heavier duty, more durable, better constructed, and can be used in a variety of settings like workshops, classrooms, libraries, offices, communal meeting rooms, and more.
Read More >> Can I Request a Standing Desk at Work?
Watch this video to learn more about standing desks and why you should get one!
What are the Different Types of Industrial Standing Desks?
There are three main types of standing desks that you need to consider before making a decision.
Non-Adjustable Standing Desks
These standing desks are for standing only. This means that it will have to be a comfortable height since you won’t be able to change it.
They are cheaper, but research suggests that it is best to alternate between standing and sitting.
Manual Standing Desks
These desks will adjust with a lever, crank, or knob.
They take more effort to adjust than electric standing desks, but they are cheaper and still a reliable option.
Some manual standing desks use pneumatics to make it easier to smoothly adjust.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Hand Crank Standing Desks (2021 Review)
Electric Standing Desks
Electric standing desks are common because they are easy to use.
For reliability, make sure you find one that has a quality electric system that can take the amount of weight you plan on putting on the desktop.
Read More >> Can You Replace a Standing Desk Motor?
How Do Industrial Standing Desks Work?
Industrial standing desks are more durable than other standing desks. They are made with strong wood and a sturdy design to meet your needs.
The adjustability will be smooth, but strong so that the system lasts for years. In addition, many models have a reinforced frame.
This will give it a sturdy surface, balanced structure, and lasting adjustability.
What to Look for in the Best Industrial Standing Desks?
If you want a long-lasting industrial standing desk, you need to consider some things.
This is especially true if you will be adjusting it often or if you plan on using it to hold heavy equipment.
For adjustable desks, you need to look at the height range to find one that will be comfortable for your standing and sitting height.
But you also need to make sure that the system, whether it is manual or electric, is made well so that it lasts as long as the rest of the desk.
Weight restrictions may be the most important factor to consider when looking for an industrial standing desk. You need to consider the maximum weight as well as the operable weight.
The maximum weight limit will be the weight you can put on the desk before it has a chance of breaking.
The operable weight is the weight limit for using the adjustability system whether it is manual, pneumatic, or electric.
Another important consideration is the size of the legs and feet. The size matters because it can keep it sturdy and reduce wobbling.
If it has large feet, it will tend to move around less.
A crossbar is important as well. A crossbar is a piece that goes in between the legs and is crucial for a desk to be extremely durable.
You also want to make sure the desktop is large enough to suit your needs. You don’t want to get one that is too small for all of your materials, including space to write and work.
In contrast, you also don’t want to get one that is too large because of space or comfort.
Last, make sure that the desktop itself will be sturdy.
Some are made of solid wood and are very dependable, while others are made with reclaimed wood, laminate, steel, or even glass.
Each of these options is good for different things so choose one for the type of work you will use the desk for.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Wood Standing Desks (2021 Review)
Best Industrial Standing Desks Reviewed
- Spacious and versatile desktop; leave it flat for a simplicity, or accessorize with ergonomic add-ons like a monitor shelf, keyboard tray, pencil drawer, and more
- Hand crank height adjustment is simple, strong, and durable; crank can be positioned on either side of desk
This desk has a smooth crank-operated adjusting system that raises or lowers completely in 60 seconds or less.
It also has a steel frame to give it extra strength and durability. It also has caster wheels for those that need mobility.
- Multiple color options
- Steel frame
- Caster wheels
- Manual adjustability
- Caster wheels are small
- Difficult assembly
- Versatile Bar Table: The bar table with 3 layers of shelving provides more storage space so everything you need can be at hand. It's almost 40 inches high, you can also use it as coffee table, sofa table, standing desk, computer stand, television stand or entertainment center table and so on.
- Stability at Its Best: The table and shelves has a sturdy frame design that supports all your essentials. In addition, the table also comes with adjustable feet to increase the stability of the entire table. Avoid shaking caused by uneven ground. You can safely use it on any surface.
This desk is strong and has an efficient design. It has three shelves for storage and a shaped crossbar for durability.
It also has adjustable feet to slightly change the height to suit you. The price is reasonable for the quality. You can also buy matching tall stools to go with it!
- I shaped a crossbar
- Storage Shelves
- Steel frame
- Not adjustable
- Difficult assembly
- Lack of options
- Ergonomic Home Office Desk: BANTI electric standing desk experiences years of constant iteration which create both the comfortable experience of home office and trusty quality of the products. It can hold up to 155 pounds
- Electric Height Adjustable: The standing desk has 4 preset buttons to customize your desired heights from 27.16" to 46.06
This high-quality desk is made with bamboo and steel for supreme strength and durability.
The electric adjustability is smooth and powerful. Dual motors give it the capability to lift to 350 lbs. It even comes with a 7-year warranty.
- Electronically adjustable
- 350 lb lift capacity
- Steel frame
- Difficult Assembly
- Ships in 3 boxes
- Loud motor
- Digital Display Handset - 4 memory preset options for easy adjustment.
- Electric Lift System - Fully motorized lift from 28 to 45 Inches height.
This industrial standing desk has a rustic style with high-grade industrial steel, it also has an electric lift system which is fully motorized to lift from 28 to 45 Inches height smoothly.
The Digital Display Handset has 4 memory preset options for easy adjustment.
- Easy assemble
- Strong frame steel and sturdy
- Desktop is made of 2 separate wood pieces
- Not the best quality (great for the price!)
- edges of this desk are not smooth enough
- Stable and seamless movement: Easily adjusts from sit to standing with a smooth crank adjustment from 28" – 45.3".
- Dimension: The work surface measures 23.6” x 43.3”. The top is made of MDF with scratch-resistant laminate.
This desk is high quality and easily adjustable with a crank system. The desktop is scratch resistant and the design is attractive yet simple.
It is made with a durable steel frame that supports up to 180 lbs.
- Steel frame
- Hideaway crank
- Scratch resistant
- Difficult assembly
- Made out of MDF
Final Thoughts on Industrial Standing Desks
These standing desks are durable and there is a great selection depending on your needs.
From nonadjustable, to crank adjustable, to electronic, there is surely an industrial standing desk that is suitable for you.