Interested in learning about the best wood standing desks? In this product review guide, I will go over...
- The benefits of standing desks made from wood.
- Different types & varieties of wooden standing desks.
- The top 5 best wood standing desks available today.
Let’s get started!
Our Top 5 Wood Standing Desks
What Are Wood Standing Desks?
Standing desks have been gaining in popularity in the last few years. They allow you to work productively while you are standing.
It is crucial to do everything we can to improve our health. Since we spend so much time at work, it makes sense to take advantage of the benefits standing desks have to offer.
In addition, as more and more of us work from home it is important to bring standing desks into our home offices.
Wood standing desks have the functionality of standing desks with the antiquity and aesthetics of wood.
There are many types of wood available for standing desks to match your lifestyle, budget, and atmosphere. Some are made with solid wood while others use reclaimed wood.
Watch this video to learn more about the health benefits of using a standing desk.
What Are The Different Types of Wood Standing Desks?
There are 4 main types of wood standing desks that you should be aware of. All of them offer different things depending on your needs.
Non-Adjustable Wood Standing Desks
This type of standing desk refers to a desk that cannot be raised and lowered to fit your height or to give you the option to occasionally sit.
They do tend to be significantly cheaper than the other types of desks, but you will have to make sure it is the right height to suit you.
Since you can get benefits when both sitting and standing during the day, you may want to look into the other types.
Manually Adjustable Wood Standing Desks
This option is the cheapest of the adjustable style standing desks. This has the benefit of being able to adapt to your unique height.
They are sometimes difficult to adjust, but if you only plan on standing, it may suit your needs.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Hand Crank Standing Desks (2021 Review)
Electronically Adjustable Wood Standing Desks
This type of desk is the most popular. You can effortlessly adjust the height of the desk with the touch of a button.
Many options also have memory buttons to adjust to a set height. The best options will have two quiet motors to raise or lower your desk even if you have a heavy computer or other materials on it.
Wood Standing Desk Converters
You can use this type of wood standing desk to easily change your existing sitting desk into a standing one.
It can sit on your desk and raise up or down to your specified height. Sometimes people want these because they are easy to use and within their budget.
You may also have a desk that you want to keep, and these standing desk converters will allow you to do that.
How Do Wood Standing Desks Work?
Standing desks allow you to work comfortably by standing. They help to reduce inactivity and sedentary lifestyles that pose a health risk.
Some people are worried that they won’t be able to work as productively while standing. Sure, it takes some getting used to.
However, replacing the amount of time we sit at a desk with standing can improve our focus, productivity, and pain.
Wood standing desks offer the natural surface you desire with the technology and comfort of standing desks.
You can match the gorgeous wood feel to the surroundings to make a wood standing desk a comfortable addition to your home office.
What to Look For in the Best Wood Standing Desks?
There are some important things to consider when shopping for a standing desk, but even more so for one made out of wood.
a standing desk, but even more so for one made out of wood. . This can include the price and type of desk, but there are other things to look at as well.
For one, you have to make sure you get one the right size. Even adjustable standing desks have a range and the height you require needs to be within it.
The depth is also important depending on the materials you plan on putting on it.
The type of wood should also impact your buying decision. The type of wood will impact the look and feel of the desk.
Also, you can choose solid wood or you can go with manufactured, reclaimed, or faux wood.
Real wood has character and becomes a part of the room. People desire real solid wood because it adds so much to the room besides functionality.
However, there are other options to consider. Manufactured wood is not as strong as real wood, but will generally be an affordable option that suits many people’s needs.
Reclaimed wood can be cheaper because it is reused, but it still has great durability and character.
The hardness of the wood may also be important to you. Maple and cherry wood will be on the softer side, while oak and hickory will be harder.
Hardwood is more expensive, but lasts longer and is less susceptible to dents. If you plan on using the desk every day for years, you may want to invest in a harder wood.
You also need to take the wood grain into account. Solid wood desktops are made with several pieces of wood that are formed together.
You will pay more if there are less pieces, but there will also be a more continuous grain. Many wood standing desk companies have a broad selection of grains and types to choose from.
Another consideration for electronic wood standing desks is the power source. Make sure you are able to easily provide it with power.
It is also important to look into the time it takes to adjust if that is important to you.
Last, you should make sure that the desk can carry the weight of your work materials.
All desks have some sort of weight limit, so if you have a heavy computer, paper, or other items make sure they do not exceed the restriction.
Best Wood Standing Desks Reviewed
- SPACIOUS WORK SURFACE: Voted the Best Overall Standing Desk by CNET 2021, our rising desks include a solid one-piece table top with a durable laminate finish, providing a spacious and sturdy work area at any height. Measuring 60" x 30", you have plenty of space for two computer monitors, a laptop, a notebook, accessories, and extra hardware.
- ERGONOMIC MOVEMENT: Vari motorized standing desks make it easy to go from sitting down to standing up throughout the day. Research shows that standing or moving more at work can improve productivity, boost your metabolism, and reduce back pain. Our easy-to-assemble and even easier-to-use sit-stand workstations help you get more done and feel better doing it.
This desk is our top rated pick because of the combination between quality, features, and price. You are unlikely to find a better stand-up desk for $650.
It has a large range of beneficial features from height programming to dual motors. Not only that, but you can take advantage of Vari’s five year warranty!
- Large height range between 25.5” and 50.5”
- Can program up to 4 different heights
- Weight limit of 200 lbs.
- May need additional accessories
- Made with reclaimed wood
- Sturdy and Stable: Featuring two widened and thickened leg supports, providing maximum stability without sacrificing visual beauty. NOTE: Every screw needs to be tightened well to make sure this desk won't wobble, if this issue bothers you, please feel free to contact us for more help.
- Free Keyboard Pad: Eureka Ergonomic presents a specially customized keyboard pad with a unique logo, ALL FOR FREE!
If you are looking to get the most bang for your buck, this is a great option. It has a gorgeous design that can be used for a plethora of activities.
This desk is adjustable so that you can choose the height to fit your needs. At $149.99 this desk can fit your budget and have you standing with joy.
- Large 47” long desktop
- Two leg supports for stability
- Holds up to 150 lbs
- Manual adjustment
- Desktop comes in two pieces
- Only has a 23” desktop depth
- Raise the entire work surface with the push of a button. Never hunch over again or strain to reach a work surface that's too tall or too short
- Reversible- mobile pedestal with two locking drawers can be placed on either side of the desk
This desk has an exquisite design to perfectly accompany the atmosphere of your work area. It has one-touch adjustability and four programmable heights.
You get what you pay for with this product because you get an excellent desk in nearly every category for $1583 to $1690 depending on the size.
- One-touch adjustability
- Battery pack operation
- Laminate is resistant to scratches and stains
- High-end price
- Assembly may be difficult
- Electric Height Adjustable: There are 3 preset buttons to customize your desired heights from 27.36" to 46.04"
- Professional Keyboard Tray: Keep your mouse and keyboard organized and accessible. Enjoy long-lasting and buttery smooth tray sliding, thanks to the premium metal rails.
This option has a great balance between value and quality.
It has programmable heights and a dual motor lift. With three sizes and four color options you are sure to find one that suits your needs and your style.
It also comes with a 30-day guarantee so you can try it risk free!
- Cable management tray
- Dual motors
- Pull out keyboard desk
- 4 piece desktop
- Complicated assembly
- Not high quality wood
- Create Instant Active Standing - VIVO’s desk riser provides on-demand standing throughout the day for the freedom to get out of your chair and relieve muscle tension, reduce stress, and increase productivity. --Patented--
- Spacious 36" Surface - The 36” x 22” desktop provides room for single and dual monitor/laptop setups. The 25" x 10.5" keyboard tray raises in sync with the top surface to create a comfortable workstation.
This standing desk converter can help you change the desk you love into a standing desk! The design makes it easy to go from sitting to standing position.
Whether you want an economical answer to your standing desk woes or a suitable addition to your current work area, this option is perfect.
- Keep your existing desk
- Height range of 6.5” to 17”
- Very little assembly required
- Manual adjustment
- Not as stable as more expensive options
- No large workspace
Final Thoughts on Wood Standing Desks
Wood standing desks can improve your health and even your productivity!
When looking for a desk, be sure to get one that suits your needs.
This means finding one that matches your style, adjusts to your height, and supports your work materials.
Last update on 2022-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API