Interested in learning about the best standing desk to put over a treadmill? In this product review guide, I will go over some of the best standing desks to put over a treadmill of 2021.
Having a standing desk already has so many fantastic benefits. However, there are certainly even greater benefits to staying a little more active while you’re working, like with a treadmill.
If you already own a treadmill then you know how amazing it is to be able to jump on it whenever you want, right there at home. However, sometimes it would be nice if we could work while walking on the treadmill.
Luckily, there are some desk options that attach to the treadmill so you can work on your laptop while you get a little extra exercise in.
Many of the options we’re going to show would be desks that will attach to your existing treadmill.
There are some treadmills out there that would fit seamlessly underneath a standing desk, however, in this article we’ll simply be talking about desks that will attach to the treadmill so you can work while on the treadmill.
Like with most things, there are pros and cons to everything and we’re going to dive into them in this review.
In this review, you’ll learn about:
- Which standing desk to put over a treadmill are best?
- What are the different types of standing desks to put over a treadmill?
- Is it worth it to get a standing desk to put over a treadmill?
Let’s get started!
Our Top 5 Standing Desk to Put Over a Treadmill
What Are Standing Desks to Put Over a Treadmill?
When you think about a standing desk that can be put over a treadmill, you’re most likely thinking about a very large object that would take up a ton of space, right?
However, because more people want to stay active while they work, companies have developed desks that can easily attach to most treadmills.
It’s usually a simple tray that attaches via straps or a clamp or some other way.
By doing this you’re able to place your laptop, tablet or other smaller device on the desk so you may continue working while you get a little bit of extra exercise into your day.
The desk doesn’t take up any extra space, it usually attaches to the existing treadmill handlebars. This way the desk sits out of the way and allows you to walk or slightly jog while you continue to work.
What Are The Different Types of Standing Desks to Put Over a Treadmill?
There are a few different types of standing desks that you put over a treadmill.
The first type would be a tray that straps over the handlebars of your treadmill. The straps are adjustable and securely fastens to make sure nothing that rests on top of the desk falls.
Another type of desk that fits over your treadmill would be a desk that uses clamps to secure the desk onto the handlebars of your treadmill.
Many of these desks that fit onto a treadmill may also have some type of velcro that could be strapped over the laptop in order to keep it even more secure.
Some of the desks may also have a slight tilt to them along with a bottom edge, so when you place your laptop on the desk, the bottom edge would stop the laptop from falling off.
Read More >> Best Standing Desks for Laptops (2021 Review)
How Do Standing Desks to Put Over a Treadmill Work?
Essentially, if you have a treadmill and you want to be a little more productive while you work, you’d place a desk on the handlebars and work while you exercise.
You can still have a separate standing desk when you’re not working out on the treadmill.
However, if you need to grind in a little extra work while exercising, having a desk over a treadmill is certainly a great use of our time.
What to Look For In The Best Standing Desks to Put Over a Treadmill?
When you’re looking for a desk that will fit with your treadmill, the first thing you’ll want to do is measure the length and width of your treadmill handlebars and the dash.
Once you have these measurements, it’ll be easier to search for the right desk that will fit that area.
It’s ok to get a desk that might be a little bit longer, but getting a desk that is too short will be a problem and hassle that you most likely don’t want to deal with.
Some desks might come with some extra features such as a place for your mousepad or extra writing or storage space.
Know whether they options matter to you first. If they do, you’ll want to look for the desks that have those extra features.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Standing Desk Accessories? (2021 Review)
Lastly, you’ll want to pay attention to your budget. If you’re looking to spend a lot of time at your treadmill while you work, you may want to find something on the higher end.
However, if you’re looking for something that you’ll use only occasionally, maybe something on the lower end will work for you.
However, be careful about lower end products, because you still want it to be high quality so that it will be sturdy enough for your laptop and other supplies.
Best Standing Desks to Put Over a Treadmill Reviewed
- ⭐【CREATE A NEW TREADMILL DESK WORKSTATION】This second generation treadmill desk is designed with a tablet holder and edge guard. 💖【Walk while Working】When you work from home and need to listen to calls or watch training videos, attach this treadmill table tray to treadmill, creating active workstation and ready to multitask. This sturdy 36" x 15.4" x 0.78"desk for treadmill keeps your laptop safe and secure as you walk and get work done. (fits handrails distances from 25" to 32")
- ⭐【STURDY TREADMILL LAPTOP HOLDER 22 LBS SUPPORT】Sturdy and thick enough board construction supports weights up to 22 lbs, transforming your exercise routine by letting you multitask in style with your new walking desk. 💖The 2 adjustable nylon straps and 3 slots are designed to fit the majority of flat treadmills. 💖Notice：Not for a treadmill that has inclined handrails. Or if our product will cover your treadmill heart rate/speed/on-off buttons, it may also not be compatible with your treadmill
This desk will hold your equipment safe and secure while you walk and get your work done. Dimension is 36 inches in length, 15.4 inches in width, 0.78 inches in thickness.
Sturdy and thick construction supports weights up to 22 lbs. Comes with 2 adjustable Velcro straps and 3 slots to fit the majority of treadmills.
The desk has an anti-slip rubber pad to protect your treadmill from scratches and also keeps your laptop from sliding.
It’s very easy to assemble, match your treadmill handle to the slot on the board, pass through the slot from bottom to top and fix the board with 2 Velcro straps as tightly as possible.
- Pros: Anti-slip surface, easy to setup
- Cons: Has been known to flex a bit in the middle
- Universal Laptop Stand For Treadmill - This ventilated 11.9” x 10.5” tray and stand are designed to fit most laptops and treadmills on the market. An adjustable support bar lets you customize the width to fit your handlebars. --Patented--
- Solid Steel Construction - Sturdy steel construction ensures that this mount will hold your laptop safe and secure and transform your exercise routine time and time again. Supports weights up to 8.8 lbs.
This stand measures 11.9” x 10.5”, it’s designed to fit most laptops and treadmills on the market. It has an adjustable support bar that lets you customize the width to fit your handlebars.
Has sturdy steel construction to hold your laptop safe and secure. Supports weights up to 8.8 lbs.
Has a unique telescopic support bar that lets you customize the width of the laptop stand to fit your handlebars.
The laptop tray features +10° to -10° tilt, 20° swivel, and 360° rotation for ergonomic typing and viewing angles, and the mount is height adjustable along the center pole.
- Pros: Sturdy construction, can be easily adjusted
- Cons: Some have reported difficulty in assembly
- Stay fit while you work from home! The patent-pending SmartFitness Treadmill Laptop Holder is the best way to make your workout fun AND productive! Now you can use your laptop or tablet while you exercise!
- Watch videos, check email, surf the web, read your favorite books, or even get some work done, all while you get your workout in!
This treadmill desk measures 13.5 inches deep and expands from 21.5 inches to 36 inches wide and fits nearly any treadmill.
It lets you raise your laptop for easier use of the keyboard. It comes with a mousepad as well as a side drawer.
- Pros: Comes with side drawer and mousepad, fits most treadmills
- Cons: Some have reported velcro straps being inadequate
- If you want to support your body’s immune system and use a laptop or tablet on a regular basis, this is a great way to help you make walking part of your lifestyle – using your own treadmill.
- WHAT YOU'RE GETTING: A 34" x 14" treadmill workstation with adjustable extension panels that increase / decrease board length up to 40” just by turning the knobs. Handlebar clamps with straps that make installation a breeze. No Assembly needed. Please note: This is Not a Treadmill.
This desk measures 34" x 14" with all around protected edges, adjustable extension panels that increase / decrease board length up to 40” just by turning the knobs. No tools needed.
Can have laptops up to 17”, it also features 2 pen trays on each side. Clamps onto handlebars with straps.
This desk allows you to place and remove the board leaving the clamps in place, making it easy for a multiple-user household with different fitness preferences.
- Pros: No tools needed to assemble, easily adjustable for different treadmill sizes
- Cons: Might be too simple for some
- - TREADMILL DESK SETUP: Create a treadmill desk setup to use your laptop, Macbooks, iPads, and tablets while working out and exercising. If you use a laptop or tablet on a regular basis, (Checking on social media, e-mail, researching, data entry, technology-related jobs) then, this is a great way to make walking part of your lifestyle... Making it easy and convenient for indoor walking.
- - Adjustable Height: There is 4 kind of heights for you to choose, you can raise the laptop to eye level
There are 4 kinds of heights for you to choose, can even be raised to eye level.
Comes with a protective stop block design at the bottom of the holder which can prevent the laptop from slipping off.
It’s 13.5inch wide, and the length of the item can expand from 21.5 inches to 37.2 inches.
Use the 2 included adjustable velcro straps to fasten the laptop holder to your treadmill.
- Pros: Easy to install, adjustable
- Cons: Some have reported not true to size
Final Thoughts On Standing Desks to Put Over a Treadmill
Looking for some extra time on the treadmill? Using a standing desk is a great way for some additional movement and productivity.
When you add a desk to your treadmill, that offers even greater health benefits. Walk or jog while you read, work or listen to music. It’s the best of both worlds.
Make sure that the desk you choose will fit your treadmill as that can be a commonly reported issue.
Last update on 2022-06-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API