Interested in learning about the best standing desk accessories? In this product review guide, I will go over...
- The most important standing desk accessories for you to consider
- Why standing desk accessories are such a useful component in your home office set up
- What to look for when choosing the most useful standing desk accessories
Let’s get started!
Our Top # Standing Desk Accessories?
What Are Standing Desk Accessories?
Standing desk accessories are tools that work alongside your standing desk to improve the functionality, comfort, and ergonomics of your standing desk. When used correctly, standing desk accessories make standing at the desk as comfortable as possible and reduce muscle strain at the end of the day. They can also make your workspace much more organized and provide a sleeker appearance.
What Are The Different Types of Standing Desk Accessories?
There are a wide range of accessories that can be helpful to you in using your standing desk. Perhaps the most important accessory to choose is something to stand on. Standing on hard surfaces all day can have negative effects on your feet, legs, and back. However, standing on the right kind of surface can relieve muscle and joint pain and even provide a slight workout while you stand.
Standing desk accessories may also help you to organize your workspace more effectively by managing cords and cables and giving you somewhere to put pens, pencils, and other small desk supplies.
How Does Standing Desk Accessories Work?
Standing desk accessories work differently depending on the type of accessory. Standing desk accessories that you stand on typically work by relieving pressure from standing on a hard surface. They may also encourage you to move your body and legs more naturally, which reduces repetitive motion issues and fatigue at the end of the day. Some standing desk accessories that you stand on can even provide you with ways to fidget and move around which can improve your focus and concentration.
Standing desk accessories that help you organize may fit underneath your desk to give you somewhere to put pens, pencils, and note pads or they may fit at the back of your desk to help you organize cables and cords.
What to Look For In The Best Standing Desk Accessories?
- Durability. You probably use your standing desk for most if not all of the day, so you need accessories that are durable enough to hold up to consistent use. This is especially important for accessories that you stand on, which can take a lot of wear and tear.
- Integration. You want your standing desk setup to look attractive and non-distracting in your home or office workspace. Therefore, you need accessories that integrate well with your standing desk as far as fit and color.
- Functionality. Some standing desk accessories will provide meaningful support and usefulness to you throughout your workday, while others may seem useful but not actually offer a lot of benefits. Make sure that you choose accessories with meaningful functionality for what you need them for.
Best Standing Desk Accessories Reviewed
This wobble board is ergonomically engineered to prevent fatigue and keep you from locking your knees when you work while giving you a subtle workout as you balance yourself. It remains steady so you won't have to worry about falling but offers 8.5 degrees of tilting to provide ergonomic benefits.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Hand Crank Standing Desks (2021 Review)
It can hold up to 320 lb of weight, so it works well for most people. You can try it out for 30 days risk-free to be sure that it is the right tool for you. The slight motion offered by this mat relieves stress in your muscles and ankles and can also help you to stay more engaged while you work. It will also tend to improve your posture, and the texture design works well in bare feet or socks to provide a subtle foot massage while you stand on it.
- Ergonomic design provides a small amount of exercise and prevents muscle fatigue
- Only 8.5 degrees of tilting won’t make you fall and doesn't require too much focus to remain standing
- 30-day risk-free trial so you can be sure it works well for you
- Some people find the texture uncomfortable on their feet
- Latex begins to break down after a couple of years of wear and tear
Here’s how this balance board works and can benefit you at work:
Unlike most regular desks, standing desks usually do not have designated drawers for pens and pencils. These desk drawer organizers easily attach to just about any standing desk using non-marking adhesive tape.
You can make it easy to access your pens, pencils, and accessories without causing permanent damage to the desk. The drawers can easily be pulled out whenever you need to access something in them. They have a very narrow footprint of only 1.34in so they typically won't make your standing desk too thick.
- Very affordable way to add storage to your standing desk
- Easy to attach and will not permanently damage your standing desk
- Narrow enough that they are unlikely to make your standing desk too thick
- More difficult to pull out when they are weighed down with lots of supplies
- Only come in white or gray color options, which may not match many standing desks
This anti-fatigue mat is specifically designed for standing desks. It provides a wide range of micro as well as macro movements to encourage you to stretch and massage your feet as you stand, which can dramatically release muscle soreness and foot discomfort after extended use.
This mat can be repositioned using only one foot with a unique indentation that allows you to pull the mat out or push it back so that you can sit or stand without having to bend over and change the position of the mat. It comes with a 7-year manufacturer's warranty and a 100% full refund satisfaction guarantee so you can feel confident about your buying decision.
- Every inch of this ergonomic mat is designed to help you effortlessly position your feet and legs for ideal ergonomic support
- Easy to move with only one foot, unlike most mats which you need to bend over to move
- Extensive warranty and 100% refund guarantee
- Fairly expensive for an anti-fatigue mat
- Some people find the raised bump in the center to be irritating as they are moving their feet around on the mat
Cable management is an issue for just about anyone who uses a standing desk. You will almost certainly have wires coming from your monitor or laptop which can tend to get in the way as the desk is raised and lowered. This cable management tray provides a sleek solution to that problem.
It is large enough to hold a power strip for a number of cords bundled together but not so large that is likely to interfere with the working of your standing desk. Rotating metal brackets make it easy to adjust exactly where it sits on your desk. It comes in either black or white to match most standing desks and attaches in minutes.
- Perfect for the containment of a power strip or bundled up cords
- Rotating metal brackets to make it easily adjustable
- Made of high-quality materials for long-lasting performance
- Requires screws to attach, which will make a permanent mark on your standing desk and doesn't work well with all standing desk materials
- Expensive for a cable management system
If you want an anti-fatigue mat that can also give you a foot massage, look no further than this convenient tool. It offers a sturdy foam frame to protect your feet from wear over time and pressure peaks at the back for calf support.
Two massage bars are integrated so that you can roll the bottom of your foot across them to provide a foot massage while you stand. The massage bars roll freely across the mat to give you a full range of massaging motion. There's also a mound in the center for massaging action.
This mat is extremely easy to clean and waterproof so you can feel confident it won't trap odors even if you use it barefoot as recommended.
- Integrated massage rollers so that you can give yourself a foot massage while you work
- Sturdy foam mat provides ergonomic support and also gives you a raised shelf for calf support
- Made of easy to clean and recyclable plastic material
- Middle mound is too soft to provide a meaningful massaging action
- Some people find the orange rollers to be too hard and somewhat difficult to manipulate
Final Thoughts On Standing Desk Accessories
Standing desks are a great way to improve your ergonomics and your comfort throughout your workday. The right accessories can make your standing desk more comfortable and ergonomic and reduce muscle strain at the end of a workday.