Interested in learning about the best wobble stools? In this product review guide, we will go over...
- Our #1 top pick for the best wobble stools of 2022
- What a wobble stool is and how it can help your posture while you work
- Hidden risks of using a wobble stool in the office
So, if you’re ready, let’s get started!
Our Top 5 Wobble Stools
What are Wobble Stools?
Wobble stools are the latest addition to office chair technology. Like their name suggests, wobble chairs allow you to move, or ‘wobble’ back and forth.
Their ergonomic design promotes active sitting, forcing you to activate your core and lower back muscles.
This helps keep your lumbar and abdomen strong, preventing sciatic and lower-back pain. They also make a wonderful addition to standing desks.
Read More >> Are Stools Better for Your Back?
What are the Different Types of Wobble Stools?
We can divide wobble stools into two categories—those with moving bases and those with moving posts:
These wobble stools are generally built with rounded pads on their base, allowing you to wobble from side to side.
They are less sturdy but give a wider range of side-to-side motion
These wobble stools are built with sturdy, non-slip bases. Rather than relying on a padded bottom to move, the supporting post can wobble from side to side.
We will share examples of both types in this review.
How Do Wobble Stools Work?
One of the most common reasons why office workers experience lower back and sciatic pain is because their lower back muscles and core aren’t regularly activated throughout the day.
Over time, these muscle groups become weaker, making it harder to support your upper body. This puts pressure on your nerves and spine.
Wobble stools prevent this by forcing you to stay moving.
As you wobble back and forth, you activate your lower back and core muscles, keeping you healthy and strong even as you work in the office.
What to Look for in the Best Wobble Stools?
As we searched for the Top 5 wobble stools, we made sure to only include products that met certain criteria.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Wobble Stool for Kids
Keep an eye out for these features as you start exploring wobble stools:
A non-skid base will prevent your wobble stool from sliding out from under you as you wobble from side to side.
It should be able to grip tile, wood, carpet, or any other flooring material.
Wobble stools shouldn’t be one-size-fits-all.
Find an adjustable model so you can comfortably sit no matter how short or tall you are.
The stool cushion should be ergonomically designed using a high-density foam or fabric material.
Try to find a cushion that’s at least 3 inches thick for optimal comfort.
Best Wobble Stools Reviewed
Check out our pick for the Top 5 wobble stools here!
#1 SONGMICS Standing Desk Chair – Our Top Pick
- Facilitate Your Work: No matter if you’re in the office or at home, this work stool will facilitate all your movements from one direction to the other thanks to its swivel design
- Comfort Every Workday: Treat yourself with this large, comfortable seat upholstered with high-density reflex foam, and make it where a comfortable and productive workday begins
The SONGMICS standing desk chair is the perfect addition to a standing desk or standard office workspace.
It features a unique swivel design, paired with a large upholstered ergonomic seat padded with high-density relax foam.
Thanks to a completely non-skid base, you can bend a full 90°—45° one way and 45° the other.
The post is adjustable to any adult height, from 23.6” to 33.3” but is best recommended for adults 5” 7’ or taller.
It ships in a single package and can easily be assembled by inserting the pole into the base of the seat.
- The seat easily adjusts using a simple button mechanism
- The wide 16” base provides extra non-slip support
- Has a unique swivel feature
- Limited forward motion
#2 SUN-FLEX Wobble Standing Desk Stool– Best Budget Option
REDUCE BACK PAIN:With the [email protected] Active chair you can intuitively stimulate your core muscles, strengthen your back and increase your blood circulation.
ACTIVE SITTING POSTURE:We recommend that you sit with your feet balanced on the base or on the floor. This puts your body in a posture similar to when you ride a bicycle- or a horse. The active-sitting function is made possible by the dome-shaped base, while the chair’s height provides the benefit of an increased hip angle.
If you’re looking for a budget option, we recommend checking out the SUN-FLEX wobble stool.
Although simpler than other models, it offers everything you want from a wobble stool. It’s adjustable from 24.5” to 27.9”, making it a smart choice for average-height adults.
Its base is supported by a wide, rubber-rimmed anti-slip grip that allows you to wobble and lean from side to side.
- Low price for high quality
- Perfect height for most adults
- Easy 30-second installation
- Not ideal for perching
- Simple design
#3 Varier Move Tilting Saddle Stool – Best High-End Option
- The original Tilting Saddle Stool designed by Per Die in 1985
- Perfect match for a height-adjustable table
If you’re willing to invest more money, you can’t go wrong with the Varier Move Tilting Saddle Stool.
This is the original wobble stool, invented and patented in 1985 by Norwegian designer Per Oie.
It features a unique saddle seat, ergonomically designed to cushion your groan and inner thighs as you sit.
It’s even been tested by the Mayo Clinic and is proven to reduce back pain.
The Varier Move saddle stool also features a gas lever that makes it easier to adjust the seat.
You can adjust between 22” and 32.25”, making it one of the most versatile wobble stools, no matter what height you are.
- NEAT Certified by the Mayo Clinic
- Original ergonomic saddle seat design
- Wide range of adjustable heights
- Far more expensive than other options
- STANDING DESK CHAIR - Rise from 20" to 28" high with a squeeze of the AIRLIFT lever for quick and quiet gas pneumatic adjustment
- SWIVEL 'N LEAN ACTIVE SITTING - Seat leans up to 10° off center and rotates 360° letting users spin wobble and tilt Use as a backless rocking chair when seated or bar stool while standing
The Seville Classics Airlift 360 Wobble Stool is a wonderful purchase for both teenagers and shorter adults.
At its lowest height, it measures 20” tall but can extend up to 28”. This makes it the second shortest wobble stool on our list.
It features a plush upholstered cushion that’s padded with relaxed foam and can lean 10° in any direction.
It also swivels a full 360°, making it a useful addition to an office or home library.
- The upholstery is made of mesh fabric that easily breathes
- Suitable for shorter adults or children
- Features an airLIFT 360° adjustment lever powdered by pneumatic gas
- Simple design isn’t aesthetically unique
- Its grip isn’t as strong as other products
- Easy-to-use pneumatic gas lift adjusts the seat height from 18 1/2 to 28 inches.
- The non-slip, curved base features a wide range of motion.
The Learniture Adjustable-Height Active Learning Stool stands out from all other products on our list because it uses a padded base rather than a wobbling post.
This makes it more visually interesting and also more fun to use than a standard wobble stool.
The base is made of sturdy rubber that naturally grips to the ground, keeping you safe as you sit.
The height of the seat is adjustable from 18.5” – 28”, making it the shortest stool on our list, yet still able to accommodate taller adults.
Its seat is crafted from durable vinyl and a thick pad of relaxed foam.
- Unique padded base
- Wide range of adjustable heights
- Vinyl upholstery is easier to clean
- Assembly and disassembly take time
- Not tall enough for high height standing desks
Final Thoughts on Wobble Stools
If you’re experiencing lower back and sciatic pain, consider changing out your office workspace.
Switching to a wobble stool will active your back and core muscles, helping to strengthen and support your back.
Check out our five top picks or follow our advice on how to find the best product for your desk. Don’t suffer any longer when you could work in comfort.
Last update on 2022-06-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API