If you’re trying to find out more about the best 2021 rolling saddle stool with wheels, then this article is a great way to get started. In this product review guide, I will go over…
- My top picks for rolling saddle stools with wheels
- How to select the best rolling saddle stool with wheels
- Some of the main functions and features to look out for in a rolling saddle stool with wheels
Let’s get started!
Our top 5 rolling saddle stools with wheels
- Oakworks Saddle Stool (Our Top Pick)
- Homgrace Saddle Stool (Best Budget)
- Salli SwingFit Saddle Seat (Best High End)
What is a rolling saddle stool with wheels?
Like all saddle stools, the most obvious feature of a rolling saddle stool design is a seat in the form of an equestrian saddle.
A good rolling saddle stool with wheels should promote ergonomic posture and sitter comfort while facilitating ease of movement.
You sit on a saddle stool as though you were sitting on a horse, with your buttocks towards the rear of the saddle and your legs on either side.
This position will activate muscles in your core while maintaining the neutral curve of your spine.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Ergonomic Saddle Stools for the Office (2021 Review)
When wheels are added to a saddle stool, it enables the user to move quickly between different locations in a laboratory, office or other workspace without standing.
This is an advantage when working at multiple desks, work surfaces or clinical stations.
Research focusing on professionals with high saddle stool use (e.g. dentists, hairdressers, medical staff) associates saddle sitting with lower levels of musculoskeletal discomfort, and a lower ergonomic risk.
Saddle stools can be a good choice for people who experience discomfort or pain when sitting in standard chairs.
What are the different types of rolling saddle stool with wheels?
The standard saddle stool design consists of a saddle shaped seat on a stool stem.
A rolling saddle stool will have wheels / casters on the bottom. Saddle stools with wheels may also have a split-saddle, back panel/s, elbow or armrests, footrest rings etc..
Different models of saddle stool come with different levels of adjustability from fully adjustable to non-adjustable.
Most can be adjusted at least for height, with some also allowing variation in seat width or angle of tilt.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Saddle Chairs or Stools for Taller People (2021 Review)
Saddle stools with wheels may have casters designed for specific floor types including hard wood floors, soft floors or deep-pile carpets.
Casters may be locking or non-locking, allowing some chairs to be fixed in place when you don’t need to move frequently from one spot.
How does a rolling saddle stool with wheels work?
When saddle sitting, your posture should be the same as in riding a horse, with legs astride the stool and a knee bend of around 45 degrees.
This is in contrast to the position in a standard chair where the lower legs are perpendicular to the thighs.
Read More >> Why are saddle stools good?
To move your saddle stool with wheels, you can propel yourself with one or both feet, or use a hand to draw the stool along a surface.
If your wheels have a lock function, you can lock them when you don’t need to move.
What to look for in the best rolling saddle stool with wheels?
When selecting a saddle stool with wheels, factor in your height, weight, sitting activities and and personal preferences.
A more adjustable seat is often preferable but higher levels of adjustability can also be more expensive.
Different rolling saddle stools have different maximum weight limits. A seat tilt function can be valuable if you move frequently between sitting to standing.
A split saddle design is preferable for some men and anyone with tailbone issues as it puts less pressure on the pressure on the perineal or pubic area, especially over long sitting periods.
Read More >> Are saddle stools good for your back?
Think also about the floor surface where you will be using the stool and look for wheels suited to that flooring.
The wrong wheels could damage the floor or move inefficiently on it, cancelling out some of the saddle chair’s advantages.
Best Rolling Saddle Stool with Wheels Reviewed
#1 Best all-round option: Oakworks Saddle Stool
- Saddle style swivel seat with multi-density padding
- Seat Size: 16" x 4" contoured saddle seat with Pneumatic Height Range of 19" - 25"
This saddle stool from the Oakworks company has all the key features you need in a rolling saddle stool with wheels.
This includes a comfortable 16” width saddle, multi-density padding, and an adjustable seat height of 19" - 25”.
The wheels are quiet and non-marking for your floors. The upper weight limit is 300lb.
- Available in four colors (coal, opal, pewter and sapphire)
- Manufactured to a high standard by a family firm in Pennsylvania, USA
- Climate friendly - the Oakworks company offsets their carbon footprint
- Seat does not have a tilt function
#2 Best budget option: Homgrace Saddle Stool
- ????【Sit Smart - Work Smart】Hydraulic Massage Stool isn't just a stool, it's a tool! It's ergonomic design, world class components, and quality construction help you to work, learn, and play more effectively.
- ????【360 Degree Swiver】Pivoting seat swivels 360 degrees giving you the ability to switch directions, back and forth as needed, with ease. Ideal for professions or hobbies that require repeated swift movements or changes in orientation.
The Homgrace saddle stool offers excellent value for money with key rolling saddle stool features for under $50.
Available in black and white PU, with adjustable height and a footrest ring. Easy to assemble and disassemble for moving between locations.
Maximum weight limit of 300lb.
- Very low price
- Footrest ring
- Compact design suits small spaces
- Unclear what the minimum and maximum seat heights are
#3 Best high end option: Salli SwingFit Saddle Seat
- Patented split-seat saddle design cools and relieves pressures for improved genital health in both women and men. Seat split size is adjustable.
- Heavy duty 3mm steel seat plate covered with high quality contouring foam and your choice of upholstery color.
Salli is a Finnish company which handcrafts its stools in Europe to the highest quality standards.
The Salli split-seat saddle is a patented design which aims to support genital health. The seat is constructed from steel with contouring foam padding.
Seat height ranges from 22.5”-30” with options available for shorter or taller users. Seat tilt angle and width can also be modified.
The swing mechanism in this stool enables you to tilt the seat in all directions for greater activation of core and back muscles and more active sitting.
Varied choice of cover fabrics and colors, frames, and caster types to suit different activities and flooring.
- Swing mechanism builds even more core strength than standard saddle stools
- High levels of customization offered and additional Salli accessories can be purchases
- Ten year warranty for the seat, and five year warranty for other components
- Significantly higher price than the majority of saddle stools
#4 Best option for bigger users: SALONFACTORY Saddle Stool with Wheels
- ????♀️【Thickened saddle cushion】The ergonomic saddle cushion seat is compressed with high-density sponge, covered with high-quality PU leather, and the seat cushion is thickened by 5mm, making it more comfortable to sit. Saddle stool provide lasting support and comfort and help reduce pressure on the back or spine
- ????【Silent Sliding Rollers】Our saddle chair comes with durable polyurethane chair casters. Scrolling is very smooth. Not only will it allow you to move around your workstation without making a noise, but without getting caught in the trash on the floor. The rolling stools with wheels protects hardwood floors, slate, tile, carpet and other soft floors.
This rolling saddle stool with wheels from Salonfactory is a good choice for larger and heavier users.
With a wide 17” saddle, and 500lb weight capacity, the seat height can be adjusted between 19” - 25”.
Heavy duty 360° swivel plastic casters complete this robust stool. Comes in three colors: blue, black, purple.
- Low price
- Generous saddle width (17”) and upper weight capacity (500lb)
- 30 day free refund and return
- Some taller reviewers found this stool too low for their needs
- Some reports of components breaking during normal use
#5 Best standard model: Freedom Saddle Task Stool by Humanscale
The ‘Saddle’ and more compact ‘Pony Saddle’ seats are part of the award-winning Freedom seating line from Humanscale.
Generous seat width of 16” (Pony Saddle) or 22” (Saddle). At least four color options and choice of casters.
Taller or shorter cylinders, footrest ring and other modifications available to order via the Humanscale website, with more limited specifications available on Amazon.
- Highly customizable in terms of colors, wheels, accessories
- Locking casters
- Broad saddles (16” or 22”)
- No seat tilt function
Final thoughts on rolling saddle stools with wheels
Saddle stools are a great option for promoting active sitting and maintaining a healthy and ergonomic posture while working, Rolling saddle stools with wheels can do even more to make regular sitting movements easier on your body.
If saddle sitting is new for you, begin with an hour or two and gradually build up to longer use over several weeks.
Saddle chairs activate core abdominal and back muscles to keep your body upright and it can take time to develop this strength.
With a bit of thought and background research , you should be able to find a comfortable and affordable rolling saddle stool with wheels.
Last update on 2022-12-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API