Corner desks with storage is a great way to save space.
If it has no storage you will end up placing cabinets, shelves, CPUs, and other work materials all around it.
However, you can also find options that offer solutions for this problem.
This article covers:
- The top 5 best corner desks with storage and what they offer in terms of benefits
- The different types of compartments and options on corner desks
- Why it is good to consider this type as your next desk and how to choose one
Best Corner Desks with Storage
- Tribesigns L-Shaped Computer Desk with Storage Shelves (Our Top Pick)
- Rolanstar Computer Desk with Storage Shelves... (Best Budget)
- Monarch Specialties DARK TAUPE CORNER (Best High End)
- Sedeta L Shape Desk with File Drawer
- Sauder Harbor View Corner Computer Desk
What are Corner Desks with Storage?
A corner desk, also called an l-shaped desk, is one designed to fit into a 90 degree angled corner.
They have two arms so that you can have more space on the desktop surface without taking up so much space in your office, or at least in the middle of your office.
This is also great for people who have a lot of work materials or those who just like to spread out.
Without storage, though, a lot of people find that their area becomes cluttered, which can add to frustrations, eliminate the point of the extra surface area, and, as research shows, can even diminish your productivity.
Because of this, you may want to get a corner desk that has built-in storage options like shelves, drawers, cabinets, and other features that can help you stay organized.
There are many different options and it can be helpful to narrow them down by categories and types.
Before looking into that, check out this video on how to organize the desk that will also show you the importance of storage in your workspace:
What are the Different Types of Corner Desks with Storage?
The different types of corner desks that have storage options can be divided into the different types of corner desks themselves and the different types of storage.
Therefore, the types of desks include things like standard corner desks, two-tiered corner desks, and executive corner desk options.
In addition, the types of storage can range from hutches and drawers to cabinets and shelves.
As well as free-standing storage options like file cabinets or CPU/Printer/Fax stands.
Let’s briefly look at all these different types.
Read More>> Top 5 Best Large Corner Desks (2022 Review)
A standard corner desk fits into a corner and is not designed for any special features or properties.
But can be affordable, well-made, and come in different materials, colors, and styles.
This type can be combined with any of the different storage types as well.
This type saves extra space because you will be able to move things beneath the second tier while having the monitor, books, and other materials on top.
This can be quite handy and makes them a popular choice for those wanting storage.
Typically, these types will not have a hutch, but can and is often combined with any other storage types.
This type is more elegant and is made of higher-quality materials like solid wood, brass handles, and a complete wooden construction with minimal steel.
They almost always have drawers and also commonly include hutches and cabinets.
The storage options are usually built into the entire design instead of being off to the side or as part of the frame.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Corner Desks with Hutch
Types of Storage
Shelves on these types of desks are often built underneath the desktop surface.
This allows you to keep the same amount of space both vertically and horizontally.
Some, on the other hand, have large shelves extending well above the desk which is great for those who require a lot of room on their shelves.
Cabinets and hutches are not as common as some options but can be more aesthetically pleasing than other storage options.
Some come with separate file cabinets or have locking file cabinets built-in as well.
Drawers are extremely common as well as are keyboard trays. For some items that you may want to organize, a drawer is by far the best option.
Finally, there are also free-standing storage options.
There are CPU holders that can also work for a printer, fax machine, or anything else you may need near the desk.
Some corner desks come with file cabinets and drawers.
While it is uncommon, some may even have a detachable type of storage that can be connected or disconnected from the desk itself.
How Do Corner Desks with Storage Work?
A corner desk will save you space because it fits into a corner and allows you to use space that may not be good otherwise.
The storage options do the same and can allow for better organization.
Also, may even help you utilize more vertical space instead of only organizing outward away from the walls and desk.
A corner desk also allows you to easily reach more surface area.
This can make it easier for people who need to be able to write, type, answer phones, and do other activities simultaneously.
It allows you to do so without excessive moving and can save time and allow for better work output.
What to Look for in the Best Corner Desks with Storage
There are some crucial things to keep in mind when deciding which corner desk with storage you want to get.
Keeping them in mind will help you find the best for you.
Storage Area Quality:
The quality of storage areas is essential.
Some options may have drawers that do not work great or get stuck, which is a sign that other things on the desk may not be well-made.
Also check the weight capacity for any shelves, drawers, second tiers, and anything else to ensure it will support your items.
The second thing to think about is the type of storage that your materials require.
If you just need to get stuff out of the way that you will rarely need to access, then a separate filing cabinet may be best.
Sometimes there are things you want to display, then a hutch is probably a good idea.
And if you just want items out of the way most of the time, but that you use regularly, then a drawer may suit you best.
Just keep this in mind when shopping around.
Size and Space:
Finally, you want to make sure that the storage allows space for anything else you need.
If you use a large printer underneath your desk or like to have plenty of legroom, consider that.
You should also take into account your sitting position and ergonomic needs so that you can sit comfortably while working.
Best Corner Desks with Storage
#1 Tribesigns L-Shaped Computer Desk with Storage Shelves
- [Spacious Work Area] The L shaped desk from Tribesigns not only give your office space the charming style and functional design but 67’’ x 23.6’’ desk top provide the room you need for office essentials like your laptop, stacks of folders, notepads and home décor items too.
- [Monitor Stand] Both side of this l shaped office desk add a monitor riser to elevate your storage to new height meanwhile keep your one or more monitors at eye-level for comfortable viewing in right posture.
This excellent and gorgeous corner desk has plenty of room and uses two tiers to save additional space.
In between the two sides of the l-shape, you will have a 3 tier shelf that is detachable if need be.
It has a heavy-duty frame that incorporates an l-shaped shelf that also adds to the stability of the desk.
- Two-tier design
- Lots of room for storage with three shelves in the corner and a shelf around the underside of the desk
- Sturdy, durable, and versatile (can even put the l-shape into an extra-large rectangle)
- Maybe a small seam between desktops
- Difficult assembly that requires two people
- May become scuffed and scratched
#2 Rolanstar Computer Desk with Storage Shelves...
- 【Suitable For Small Spaces】This computer desk is easy to fit in a corner to maximize your limited space. The shelving units can be also fixed on the left or right as a bookcase or display shelf according to your preference.
- 【Spacious Desktop & Extra Storage Space】This computer desk has a spacious desktop, and the side 4-tier storage shelves provide ample storage space. You can put books, plants or your favorite pictures on the shelves. Use this computer desk for work, writing, studying, gaming, or whatever brings joy to your day.
This computer desk is designed for corner use with the shelving finishing off the l-shape.
It has 4 storage shelves with plenty of vertical and horizontal room.
Also has a strong design and is easy-to-assemble and costs less than many other similarly constructed products.
As well as it is very attractive and comes in your choice of two colors: black or rustic brown.
- Sturdy with x-cross frame
- Four storage shelves and two hooks for headphones, wire management, or other lightweight items
- Customizable shelf heights
- Less desktop space than other options
- May wobble slightly
- The top layer of the finish can chip
#3 Monarch Specialties DARK TAUPE CORNER
- ABUNDANT STORAGE - This L-shaped corner desk supports up to 110 lbs and includes 8 storage drawers (1 for hanging files) with silver handles and metal drawer glides, and 3 shelves (1 is adjustable); the top of the hutch can be used as an additional shelf
- FLEXIBLE SETUP - For optimum convenience, this computer desk is finished on all sides for placement anywhere in a home office and has a reversible configuration that allows you to install the storage unit with hutch on the left or right side as desired
This desk comes in three color options made with reclaimed-wood accents and quality handles.
The l-shape sides are reversible and it comes with a stylish finish.
It also has a hutch and many storage areas including drawers, shelves, and display areas.
It is spacious and elegant without being overly pretentious.
- The attractive design comes in your choice of three colors
- Plenty of storage with hutch, drawers, and shelves
- Can be installed left or right facing
- More expensive than other options
- A difficult assembly that takes a long time
- Heavy and hard to move
#4 Sedeta L Shape Desk with File Drawer
- 【Reversible Desk】Reversible 67 inch corner desk or 98.4 inch two person desk: The L shaped computer desk could hold three desktop computers and one notebook computer. The desktop size is 47"L*19.6"W and 31.5"L*19.6"W. Or 98.4 inch two person desk can hold two-person studying or writing no interference. The simple design and multi-function storage to meet all needs. An ideal desk for small rooms or limited spaces to create excellent home office space.
- 【Ample Storage Space】Coming with a file drawer, printer cabinet and 2 tier storage shelves, with powerful storage space. File cabinet can hold letter /A4/ legal size files. This solid constructed L shaped computer desk could hold printers, scanners, fax machines and any other office machines, keeps printer or scanner within easy reach of your desk to free up work space. CPU stand protects the host from moisture and dust. This L shaped computer desk is economic, meets different storage need.
This corner desk is as good as it gets with a file cabinet drawer, small shelf, two-tier design, and the top of the shelf extension as well as a free-standing CPU stand.
It comes in rustic brown or black and has an attractive finish and black frame with plenty of crossbars for support and stability.
- Attractive design
- Tons of storage (drawers, shelves, two tiers, and CPU stand)
- Sturdy with crossbars and supportive frame
- Not reversible
- Poor assembly instructions
- Takes up a lot of room, especially for drawer use
#5 Sauder Harbor View Corner Computer Desk
- Slide-out keyboard/mouse shelf with metal runners and safety stops
- Lower drawer holds letter or European size hanging files
This stylish desk comes in your choice of four different colors and has a cornered keyboard tray which saves space for use on the desktop surface.
It also comes with a large cabinet and three other drawers with the lower one holding large hanging files.
It also has an adjustable shelf and can reverse the storage to either side.
Finally, it has cord management and an extravagant finish.
- Comes in four stylish colors
- Cabinet, drawers, and keyboard tray
- Sturdy and elegant for a good price
- Drawers do not pull very far out
- Wobbly keyboard tray
Final Thoughts on Corner Desks with Storage
A corner desk with storage is great for saving space while also staying organized and there are plenty to choose from.
Whether you want drawers, cabinets, free-standing shelves, or multiple tiers to save desktop space, there are options available at every price point.
Last update on 2022-12-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API