Sometimes, you just want to build up an office or workspace around your desk. One option that works especially well for this is one of the best peninsula desks.
On this page, I want to cover a few things:
- The best 5 peninsula desks on the market
- What a peninsula desk is
- Why you may benefit from a peninsula desk
Since I know that you are probably itching to start looking at the best peninsula desks on the market, should we just jump in together?
My Top 5 Best Peninsula Desks
I am going to cover these desks in a bit more depth shortly. However, I know that some of you may be a little bit short on time.
So, I figured it would be best to start by giving you a quick overview of the desks I will be covering:
What is a Peninsula Desk?
A peninsula desk is defined differently by people.
To me, a peninsula desk is a desk that juts out from the wall, much like a peninsula. The people that tend to prefer a peninsula desk will be those that want to build modular systems.
Due to the way in which a peninsula desk works, you will have space behind the desk. You can even have space to the side (if you push it up against a bookcase) this means that they can be fantastic for a home office.
Read More >> Top 5 Best U Shaped Home Office Desks (2021 Review)
If you want to see a peninsula desk in action, then check out this video:
What are the Different Types of Peninsula Desk?
There are not that many different types of peninsula desks. The available types can really just be broken down into two categories:
- Standard peninsula desks which are just a desk and nothing more.
- Modular peninsula desks where you can easily build bookcases and shelves around them.
How does The Best Peninsula Desks Work?
This is dependent on the type of peninsula desk that you are purchasing. Many of them can have the side of them pushed up against the wall.
This means that you have space on both sides of the desk. This is great if you are looking to build a more open-plan environment.
Other peninsula desks can be connected up to bookcases and other storage units to ensure that the user has a bit more space to store their items and keep their desk tidy.
One of the major advantages of some peninsula desks is that they can be modular. This can help to keep desks tidy which, in turn, can lead to a variety of psychological benefits.
What Should You Look for in a Peninsula Desk?
What one looks for in a peninsula desk will vary from person to person. In my opinion, a good peninsula desk offers the following:
- Plenty of space on the desk, particularly if you are using the peninsula desk as a meeting desk.
- Lots of room under the desk for your legs. This way you don't feel cramped.
- The ability to place bookshelves, etc. around the desk (not everybody needs this!)
- A great look
Read More >> Top 5 Best L Shaped Desks with Hutch? (2021 Review)
As you go through my peninsula desk reviews, you will see the sorts of desks that I recommend.
Best Peninsula Desks Reviewed
This is the part of the page where I talk about the five best peninsula desks on the market. I have tried to ensure that there is a little bit of something for everybody here.
- Simple stylish design comes in multiple color options, is functional and suitable for any room.
- Material: engineered Particle Board, PVC tubes and non-woven bins.
This particular peninsula desk doesn't have a huge amount of space. In fact, I see it as more of a laptop peninsula desk. It is great for those that are working in a smaller room.
You do still have a couple of storage options on the desk, though. This is great if you want to store a bit of decoration to make the space look a bit more stylish.
- Ideal for smaller spaces
- Stylish look
- Not a lot of space
- Design includes 3mm PVC edges and adjustable floor guides
- Furniture has predrilled holes with metal inserts for easy attachment
The Lorell peninsula is fantastic for those people that are looking for a simple, but stylish, solution. You have a lot of desk space here and plenty of space underneath for your legs or computer equipment.
There are no shelves here. However, I reckon that a lot of people are going to love the more modular style of this desk. Pre-drilled holes make it easy to connect up to existing furniture.
- Stylish, but minimalistic
- Plenty of space on the desk
- Pre-drilled holes to make it easier to form part of a modular system
- No shelves
- Extends Lorell Essentials work surfaces
- LLR59578 must be ordered separately for a complete unit
This peninsula desk has pretty much been designed to be part of a modular setup. It is the perfect choice for modern offices as there are a variety of configurations available for this desk.
In fact, you will have to buy one of the items it connects to (e.g. a bookshelf, second desk) for this to work. Although, since most people that are looking for a peninsula desk are looking to do that anyway, I don't see this as too much of a problem,
- Easy to work into a modular system
- Lorell provide plenty of add-ons
- Doesn't just work as a desk. Always need the add-ons.
- Practical: simple desking solution perfect for any space, large or small Versatile
- Allows for easy expansion and matches other Series A products Durable
The Bush Business freestanding peninsula is going to be a great choice for those that love the idea of a peninsula desk but do not want to connect it up to a ton of different add-ons.
This is completely freestanding and it looks incredibly stylish. This is actually a great choice for use in a meeting office due to the modesty panel built into the desk. You can also connect this up to a second desk to form an L-shape if you prefer.
- Completely freestanding
- Modesty panel
- Can be part of a modular system
- Not the best finish
- Give yourself plenty of room to work on the Ameriwood Home Dakota Space Saving L Desk with Hutch
- The compact size and L-shape is ideal for small spaces and fits perfectly in a corner
I want to wrap up with the Americwood Home London Hobby Desk. This, as the name implies, is a good desk to use around the home.
It has a bookcase built into the side, which shows exactly what you can do with a peninsula desk. You can also purchase a wide range of other accessories to really jazz up your room if you want.
- Built-in bookcase
- Built-in storage space
- Saves up space
- Not Perfect for some decors.
Final Thoughts On Peninsula Desks
Peninsula desks may not be for everybody. However, if you prefer a more open or modular design to your office, then any of the five desks that I discussed on this page are going to be great choices.
Last update on 2022-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API