Peninsula desks are a great option for an office environment that is looking to be a bit more open-plan, but how do you find the best modern peninsula desk?
On this page, I am going to discuss:
- The top 5 modern peninsula desks
- How you can choose a modern peninsula desk
- The types of modern peninsula desk
Since that is a lot to cover, I want to jump in right away.
Our Top 5 Best Modern Peninsula Desks
Since I know that a lot of the readers of this page are going to be pressed for time, I figured the best way to start would be to give you an overview of the five modern peninsula desks I am going to cover here.
This way if you are looking for an awesome modern peninsula desk, you can find one right away:
What is a modern peninsula desk?
A modern peninsula desk is a bit of a unique desk.
With most desks, you would push them up against a wall. A peninsula still pushes up against something, but the side of it. This pretty much means that the modern peninsula desk is going to jut out from the wall.
The major benefit of a peninsula desk is that you can have somebody on the opposite side of the desk. They work well as a meeting desk for that reason.
A peninsula desk can also form part of a modular system. Some of the modern peninsula desks that I will discuss later on actually need to be part of a modular system.
A modern peninsula desk has a sleek and modern look to it. None of the bulky wood or traditional aesthetics that many peninsula desks on the market offer.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Modern Executive Desks? (2021 Review)
While this video features a more traditional peninsula desk, it should give you an idea of how they work:
What types of modern peninsula desks are there?
There are two types of modern peninsula desk that you may encounter. I am going to cover both of them on this page:
- Freestanding peninsula desks. These do not have to be attached to any furniture. They just stand free, sometimes pushed up against the wall.
- Peninsula desks that need to be connected up to various pieces of furniture e.g. bookshelves, etc.
How does a modern peninsula desk work?
As I said, there are two types of modern peninsula desk on the market.
If you have a modern peninsula desk designed to be freestanding, then you can just push it up against the wall. You can place it anywhere in the room.
If you have a non-freestanding desk, then it will need to be part of a modular system. This means screwed to another desk, storage, etc.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Desks With File Cabinets (2021 Review)
The latter desk may be more beneficial as it can make it a lot easier to clean your desk. This can make the working environment a bit more pleasurable and can have a variety of psychological benefits.
What to look for in the best modern peninsula desk?
As you go through my reviews, you will start to get an idea of what I think is going to be great with a modern peninsula desk. However, let me give you a quick overview:
- It needs to have a modern design i.e. sleek lines. Simplistic style.
- Made of high-quality materials
- Can be used as part of a modular system
- Plenty of desk space
- Plenty of space under the desk for your legs
Read More >> Top 5 Best Desk Chair Cushions For More Comfort
Let's look at the five best options, shall we?
The 5 Best Modern Peninsula Desks - Reviewed
I have tried to ensure that there is a little bit of something for everybody here. This means that you should easily be able to find a peninsula desk that you want:
- Extends Lorell Essentials work surfaces
- LLR59578 must be ordered separately for a complete unit
This peninsula desk from Lorell Essentials needs to be paired up with some of the other furniture that they have in their range. This is because it is part of a modular setup. I see this peninsula desk as modern, but with traditional design elements (the wood grain).
All of the add-ons that it can be hooked up to look the same. This means that it should be easy to fit into just about any décor. You get plenty of working space on this modern peninsula desk.
- Easily fits into a modular system
- Sleek look
- Plenty of working space
- Need to purchase the add-ons or it doesn't work.
- Bundle includes: 72W peninsula desk with 3 drawer Mobile pedestal
- Attractive Hansen Cherry Finish with galaxy accent
I see this Bush Business peninsula desk as being ideal for somebody that really wants to be going down the modern route. One of the major benefits of this modern peninsula desk is that works either freestanding or connected up to a modular system.
This is certainly handy for those that are planning an office. The office could essentially grow up around the peninsula desk. The modesty panel underneath makes this tremendous for a meeting desk.
- Modular or freestanding
- Great modesty panel
- Not a lot of leg space underneath it.
- Give yourself plenty of room to work on the Ameriwood Home Dakota Space Saving L Desk with Hutch
- The compact size and L-shape is ideal for small spaces and fits perfectly in a corner
The two modern peninsula desks that I have discussed so far tend to be for an office environment where you need a lot of storage options around you. For this one, you get something a bit more basic.
You have a bookcase attached. It has (mostly) been built for use around the home. While we are recommending it as a computer desk, it could work as a hobby desk with all the storage slots that you have available. For the low price, it is surprisingly well-built too.
- Plenty of storage space
- Doesn't freestand if you don't want the bulky bookcase.
- Simple stylish design comes in multiple color options, is functional and suitable for any room.
- Material: engineered Particle Board, PVC tubes and non-woven bins.
For those that want a modern peninsula desk on the smaller side of things, then this could be a good choice.
It is the perfect size for a laptop. While it is a modern desk, it features more traditional peninsula desk fare such as a set of drawers. A good amount of storage space here means it could fit perfectly well in a smaller room.
- Compact design
- A handy set of drawers
- Not a lot of space underneath
- Simple stylish design yet functional and suitable for any room
- Material: high quality particle board
I want to wrap up with this second Furinno desk. It is very similar to the previous one, although it doesn't have the drawers. Instead, that has been replaced with a keyboard tray.
This can make it good for those that are planning to use a PC at their modern peninsula desk. It is available in a variety of different colors too. This means that you shouldn't have too many issues getting a desk that fits the design of your room.
- Compact design
- Keyboard tray
- Not the best quality materials used in construction
Final thoughts on best modern peninsula desks
A modern peninsula desk can be a great choice for those that want to build up an office environment around their chosen desk.
Choose any of the five modern peninsula desks on this page and I am positive that you will be happy with it.
Last update on 2021-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API