Interested in learning about the best small L shaped desks? In this product review guide, I will go over…
- My top picks for small L-shaped desks
- How L-shaped desks can be useful in making the most of space in small homes and office environments
- Options you can choose from and features you should consider when selecting your new small L-shaped desk
Let’s get started!
Our Top 5 Best Small L Shaped Desks
- Tribesigns L-Shaped Desk with Shelves and Monitor Stand (Our Top Pick)
- COTUBLAR L-shaped Desk with Computer Stand (Best Budget)
- Standing Desk Company Triple Motor L-shaped desk (Best High End)
What Are Small L-Shaped Desks?
Small L-shaped desks are the perfect solution for making the most of unused corners in your home-study, living room or office space.
They are particularly practical for smaller homes, shared housing or student accommodation where a full-sized standard desk might be too large but desk surface area is still important.
What Are The Different Types of Small L-Shaped Desk?
A basic small L-shaped desk will have two work surfaces perpendicular to one another, forming the shape of a letter L.
A range of additional features can then be added, including bookshelves, computer stands or under-desk storage.
Some desks have at least one movable surface which you can fold or slide in and out for extra space-saving ability. Others may have special gaps or spaces to accommodate wires and multiple screen stands, making them particularly useful for gamers.
How Does a Small L-Shaped Desk Work?
Sitting at a small L-shaped desk allows you the freedom and physical space of two work surfaces. This makes it easier for those who work with multiple devices or need to keep a stack of reference books or media easily to hand for their projects.
Read More >> How To Fit Two Monitors on a Small Desk
A small L-shape desk is also ergonomically efficient, helping you to work smarter, not harder when reaching for books, files and devices.
You can view a range of L-shaped desks in action on the YouTube Channel for Tribesigns who produce two of the desks on our Top 5 list:
What to Look For In The Best Small L Shaped Desk?
With an increasing proportion of the US population working from home compared to pre-COVID-19 times, now may well be the right time to think about a new small L-shaped desk.
Buying the right desk (and chair) will ensure that your legs, shoulders and neck remain comfortable while sitting and working.
Read More >> Kneeling Chair Benefits
Always measure the size of your room carefully and choose a small L-shaped desk with dimensions that will fit well in that space.
Think also about your own height, leg length and the optimum working height for your computer. Even in a home office setup, there are many ways to adjust your small L-shaped desk setup for optimum health, comfort and efficiency.
Best Small L Shaped Desks Reviewed
- small size, perfect for ordinary home work
- storage shelves
- computer riser
- simple but robust construction
- price tag is relatively low
- its neutral white color means that it could fit in easily with most home décor.
- surface space is smaller than some of the other options on this list
- might not satisfy those working or gaming with multiple screens or other larger devices.
- simple, multi-functional desk
- light and easy to assemble.
- spacious working area
- includes a stand for a computer monitor or screen.
- Ideal for gamers, students and anyone on a budget.
- there is no under-desk storage or shelving for books and files.
- The modern steel tubing and MDF board construction may not appeal to those looking for a more traditional desk.
- Desk height can be adjusted at the touch of a button
- giving the option of sitting or standing to work
- easily accommodating taller workers who might struggle to place their legs comfortably when sitting at small L-shaped desks.
- far more expensive than non-electric options
- solid, traditional L-shaped desk
- produced by a family-owned American firm with three generations of wood working experience.
- Made from environmentally friendly engineered wood,
- the desk is fully customized for both modern and traditional working environments
- storage designed for computers, books and files, and gaps included for wiring.
- this Sauder Palladia desk isn’t as small or maneuverable as others on this list.
- Weights 271 lbs. it is considerably heavier than the others featured and you probably won’t want to move it around once installed…
- The Tribesigns Rotating Desk offers a fantastic combination of desk area, storage and flexibility of configuration.
- 360 degree rotation enables you to shape the desk to your needs.
- The classic look and feel of this desk would compliment any home or office environment.
- it is made from particle board, which will not impress those looking for solid wood.
- With multiple moving parts, assembly is not as straightforward as in some other small L-shaped desks.
Final thoughts on small L-shaped desks
Everyone will have slightly different requirements when searching for their small L-shaped desk but fortunately there are a good range of options available to meet most needs and budgets.
If you measure your space carefully, identify your main priorities, and pay attention to online reviews, you should be able to find the right small L-shaped desk for you.
Last update on 2022-12-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API