These top 5 best electric standing desk converters could give you a great experience switching from sitting to standing.
You may have heard that standing some of the time during the workday can be much healthier than sitting. However, you already have a nice desk organized just the way you like it. That’s where desk risers come in.
This article includes:
- The top 5 best electric standing desk converters and their pros and cons
- What they are and how they work
- What to look for in the best ones
Best Electric Standing Desk Converters
- FlexiSpot Motorized Standing Desk Converter (Best Budget)
- VERSADESK Power Pro Electric Height-Adjustable Desk Riser (Best High End)
What are Electric Standing Desk Converters?
A standing desk converter will rest on top of your typical, boring desk to change it into a standing desk.
This can be a more affordable option for many people and you can keep the same organization and arrangement of your office and still get the health benefits of standing.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Laptop Standing Desk Converters
A lot of standing desk converters are adjustable, which can allow you to easily switch between sitting and standing throughout the day. This can be even healthier than merely standing all day long.
The electric options make this adjustment even easier so that you can rapidly change without effort. In addition, they often have high weight limits and other beneficial features, depending on the type that you buy.
Also, check out this video to learn about the pros and cons of an electric standing desk converter and other types!
What are the Different Types of Electric Standing Desk Converters?
Besides standard electric standing desk converters there are other types you may want to consider. There are two tiered, dual motor, device charging, and dual monitor options to consider.
Let’s look at what each of the types offers in terms of features.
This type has a button to adjust the desk converter up and down to the desired height. Many of them also have memory buttons so that you can easily switch to your personal sitting and standing height.
They are usually affordable and lay almost flat against the desktop.
This type has two tiers so that you can have more space for your work materials. One tier is often used as a keyboard tray while the upper tier can hold desktops.
This is a great way to set up your desk ergonomically as well because our eyes are positioned much higher than our wrists should lay on the top of the keyboard.
This type has two motors instead of one, but what is the purpose of that? For one, they are often much faster and quieter than single motor options. They can also lift more weight and are more likely to last a long time.
While they are more expensive, they are great for those who plan to adjust regularly throughout the day, every day.
This is more of a sub-type because any of the other types can offer this feature.
Device charging standing desk converters have a wireless charging component built in so that you just have to lay your phone or tablet on top of the desk riser and it will charge.
Many of them will also have charging ports and electrical outlets.
This type is larger than the other options because it offers the space for two monitors. Some of them have monitor arms as well.
This is a great choice for those who use two monitors simultaneously and want to be able to see them both clearly while standing and sitting.
How Do Electric Standing Desk Converters Work?
An electric standing desk converter works by extending upwards from the desktop surface on your existing desk. This allows it to go as high as you need to comfortably work while you are standing.
Read More >> Standing Desk Height Chart
They have motors that work when you push a button up or down. Many options also remember the specific height that you like so that you can just push that button once to raise or lower the desk riser.
They also go low enough where you can sit at your normal desk. Finally, they are made in many different styles and sizes so that you can find one that fits your work materials comfortably and also fits well on your desk.
What to Look for in the Best Electric Standing Desk Converters?
Not all electric standing desk converters are equal or will work for everyone. There are some things to keep in mind while you shop to ensure that you get the one that is right for you.
The first thing you need to check is the height adjustments. You need to make sure that it will raise high enough for you and anyone else who uses it to stand and work comfortably.
You also need to check how low it will adjust because it will extend the top of your existing desk, if only slightly.
The size is important as well. You never want to buy one and realize that you will not be able to fit all the materials you want on top of it.
You want it to take up the amount of space on your desk that you are comfortable with as well.
You may want to check how loud the motors are as well. While most are very quiet, if you work in an office with others, then you will want to make sure that it will not get on anyone's nerves, including your own.
The speed of adjustment may also be beneficial to keep in mind.
You will definitely want to check the weight limit. If you have heavy monitors and other materials, then this could wear out the electric motor or cause it to malfunction.
This would destroy the purpose of having an electric adjusting converter in the first place.
Keyboard Tray or Lower tier:
Finally, if it has a keyboard tray or lower tier, you should make sure that it will be large enough to fit the keyboard you want to use as well as the mouse or any other materials that you want to see and use.
The distance between the keyboard tray and the upper tier should also be ergonomic so that you can always be comfortable while seeing the monitor screen clearly.
Best Electric Standing Desk Converters
- 𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐙𝐄𝐃 – Transitions from sitting to standing with a push of a button. Electric motor raises or lowers the riser at a speed of 1” per second. The riser adds 5.7” to 18.1” to your existing work surface. The base is made of steel and is sturdy even at the highest position.
- 𝐓𝐖𝐎-𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍 – Upper surface size is 36 x 24" and is large enough for two screens. Lower surface is 25" x 9.5” and is retractable. It is large enough for a full-size keyboard.
This two-tiered electric standing desk converter comes in your choice of three different colors and has a motor that adjusts at one inch per second. It can adjust from 5.7 inches to 18.1 inches and is sturdy and durable.
The upper tier is 36 inches by 24 inches with the lower surface being large enough for a standard keyboard. Finally, it can adjust with a weight limit of 45 pounds and be stationary with up to 90 pounds on top.
- Two large tiers
- Rapid adjustment from 5.7 to 18.1 inches
- Made with strong, sturdy steel
- Very heavy
- Lower tier does not slide in and out smoothly
- At lowest setting it is still 5 inches of the desktop surface
- 【Ideal Ergonomics】Sit to stand in seconds with this motorized standing desk. Lift and lower your desk without the struggle of traditional risers, perfect for sufferers of back, elbow, shoulder, or wrist pain.
- 【Spacious Work Surface】The 35'' x 23.2'' desktop is large enough for up to dual monitor/laptop setups, combined with a 34" x 12.7" keyboard tray that raises in sync with the work surface for easy, intuitive operation.
This affordable standing desk converter comes in two different sizes and has a two tier design. It adjusts smoothly from 5.5 to 19.7 inches.
The upper tier is large and the motor is quiet. It also sits into its own footprint so that you can save more desktop space. Finally, it comes with 5 year support for the desk and 3 year support for the motor.
- Quiet motor
- Two tier design is comfortable and rests in own footprint
- Strong and sturdy
- Keyboard tray fixed sticking out
- Does not sit completely flat on the desktop
- May become scratched over time
- ✅ ELECTRIC POWERED – Easily adjust your desk riser from a sitting to a standing position in seconds. With fully electric power and no stopping points, you can adjust the riser to whatever position fits your work space best with ease and comfort. Height is adjustable up to 20”. Push button ease of use to raise and lower your work surface.
- ✅ HIGHEST QUALITY - These risers boast a high quality, high pressure WilsonArt laminate. High-density fiberboard surface is scratch and dirt resistant. Exceptional strength frame ensures years of durability.
This desk converter adjusts up to 20 inches using a smooth, quiet, and powerful motor. It can adjust with 80 pounds on top and is sturdy, even at the highest setting.
It also has a sleek two tier design and the frame is made out of sturdy powder coated carbon steel. Finally, the desk is scratch resistant and no assembly is required.
- Sturdy with 80 pound adjustable weight limit
- Smooth, powerful motor
- Two tiers
- More expensive than other options
- No rubber feet to hold it in place
- Not the fastest motor
- Quick-Adjust Sit-to-Stand Desk – Ideal for people who spend hours behind their desks at work you can easily stand up or sit down to find the right height for working, writing, typing, and staying productive.
- Monitor and Peripheral Support –A 33.5” desktop with two-tier design supports dual computer monitors and a built-in tablet/smartphone display slot helps optimize your workspace, so you can stay ahead of busy schedules.
This two tier desk converter adjusts from 5.9 to 19.7 inches and has a 33.5 inch desktop. It also has a slot to place tablets or phones and the motor is quiet.
It can support up to 48 pounds and has slip resistant feet to keep it in place. Finally, it has a USB port built into the desk.
- Quiet motor supports up to 48 pounds
- Two tiers and upper tier is large
- USB port built in
- Fixed lower tier/keyboard tray
- Only lowers to 5.9 inches
- Simple design only comes in black
- ELECTRIC STANDING DESK: No more stiff necks and sore wrists! Transition between sitting and standing with the push of a button. The two-tier design delivers the perfect keyboard height while keeping your monitors at a comfortable viewing level.
- WIRELESS CHARGING: Not only is this desk riser powered, it can keep your compatible mobile devices powered, (including the iPhone 11) too! Just set them on the integrated wireless charging pad.
This desk converter has a two tier design and can even power your mobile devices on the integrated wireless charging pad.
It can raise up to 19.25 inches using a quiet and incredibly smooth motor. It has a 44 pound weight limit and a matte black finish.
- Wireless device charging
- Smooth and quick motor
- Goes up to 19.25 inches
- Lower tier is a little wobbly
- Lower tier is a little narrow
- Poor packaging for shipping
Final Thoughts on Electric Standing Desk Converters
Electric desk converters are a great choice if you are wanting to support 30 pounds or more and adjust with ease at the push of a button.
There are plenty of different types and brands to choose from that offer unique features and styles to suit your taste. This is a great way to improve your health while you work!
Last update on 2021-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API