Our list of best dual monitor standing desk converters might be just what you need.
A lot of people these days have to use two monitors simultaneously in order to adequately and efficiently complete their work.
However, some people also want to turn their desk into a standing desk. So what is the solution?
This article discusses:
- The top 5 best dual monitor standing desk converters and their pros and cons
- The different types and their unique features to help you decide
- What to look for in the best options on the market
Let’s dive in!
Best Dual Monitor Standing Desk Converters
- FlexiSpot Height Adjustable Standing Desk Converter 47 Inch (Our Top Pick)
- VariDesk Tall 40 by Vari Stand Up Desk for Dual Monitors (Best High End)
What are Dual Monitor Standing Desk Converters?
Standing desk converters are a popular choice for standing desks. This is because they allow you to stand while using your existing desk.
This can be beneficial to your overall health in a number of ways. In fact, it may even boost your productivity!
Just place the desk converter, sometimes called a desk riser, on you desk and it raises up so that it is in an optimal position for standing.
However, many of them are small, too small to hold multiple monitors. This would make them a poor choice for professions where you need to comfortably see two monitors at once.
Good thing there are plenty of options designed specifically for a dual monitor setup.
You should also check out this great video about the best way to set up your dual monitors!
What are the Different Types of Dual Monitor Standing Desk Converters?
There are a few different types of standing desk converters that work for dual monitors.
There are standard, full desk, Manually adjustable, electric, pneumatic, two-tier, and monitor arm options to keep in mind.
Let’s look at the benefits and potential downsides of each one of these types.
The standard type of two-monitor standing desk converter is not adjustable, but is also quite large so that you can fit two monitors and more on top of it.
Read More >> Best Wooden Standing Desk Converters (2021 Review)
They rest on the desk and often have drawers or empty space underneath for additional storage. They are also some of the most affordable options on the market.
This type is the size of a regular desk and rises up from the desktop. This provides as much room for standing as you had on your existing desk.
They can be good options for those who have a lot of materials that you want to keep on your desk converter, but can also be unwieldy and hard to navigate.
This type adjusts using a lever, crank, or notches so that you have to do it yourself.
This is an affordable way to have an adjustable desk converter and there are plenty that are designed for dual monitors.
However, their quality and ease of use can vary greatly from one product to the next.
Electric options offer adjustability at the touch of a button.
This is a great option because the healthiest way to use a standing desk is to alternate between sitting and standing often throughout the workday.
However, these can be some of the most expensive options. Still, as long as you purchase from a reputable company, it is hard to go wrong with this type.
This type uses a pneumatic system to make it easier to adjust using a lever. They are also usually reasonably priced.
This is a great option if you are looking to adjust easily between sitting and standing, but also want something that is very affordable.
A lot of dual monitor standing desk converters have multiple tiers so that you can sit or stand in an ergonomic position.
They have an upper tier that is used for the two monitors and a lower tier used for other materials, most commonly a keyboard and a mouse.
This utilizes the space well and allows you to keep the screens at eye level while the wrists can type comfortably on the keyboard or write on paperwork.
This type is great because it keeps the entire desktop surface on the desk riser free by using monitor arms for the two monitors.
This can be beneficial for those who use a lot of different materials, but do not want a full desk or extremely large desk converter.
How Does a Dual Monitor Standing Desk Converter Work?
A dual monitor standing desk allows you to raise up the screens and workspace on top of the desk that you already have at your office.
This is great because you do not have to reorganize or move large pieces of furniture in and out of the room.
It also works for allowing you to keep some materials like fax machines or printers on the traditional desktop.
Another reason this is a popular choice is because desk risers are usually more affordable than complete standing desks.
Therefore, you can try out a desk converter designed for two or more monitors without spending a lot of money. This can help you see whether it is the best choice for you or not without spending a ton of money.
What to Look for in the Best Dual Monitor Standing Desk Converters?
There are tons of options available when it comes to dual monitor standing desk converters, but they are not all created equal.
It is important to take some factors into consideration to ensure that you get one that works for you and your needs.
Monitor Size support:
The first thing to keep in mind is the size of desktops that it will allow two of. Some are only designed for dual monitors that are smaller than average.
This can be great for some people, but could be a disappointment if you plan on using it for two full-sized monitors.
The weight limit is also an important factor. You not only want it to support the weight of two monitors and the rest of your materials, but you will want it to adjust easily with that weight supported.
If you get a manually adjustable option, just remember that you will have to lift up that weight every time you raise the level of the converter.
The lowest setting should also be something to keep in mind if you want to be able to sit and comfortably work with the two monitors in your line of sight.
If it only lowers to 6 inches or more, then you may have to strain your neck to see the monitors in sitting position. Many options, however, go down much farther than that.
Finally, if you are using two monitors, then you probably have quite a few cords and wires.
Read More >> Standing Desk Cable Management Accessories
Thinking about wire management can save you a lot of hassle and stress in the future. You may also want to consider other features that may be available.
Best Dual Monitor Standing Desk Converters
- ※More Spacious Desktop Space※: its generous 47" width allows to support two screens up to 27"
- ※Smooth & Easy Adjustments※: Our single-handle design makes it super easy to safely adjust the height of the desk. You never need to use two hands or extra force like with some other brands.
This spacious desk riser can fit two monitors up to 27 inches each. There are also smaller versions available if that is too large for you.
It adjusts using a pneumatic lift system and also has a keyboard tray that is removable. It also comes with a 30 day risk free guarantee and a 5 year warranty.
- Spacious 47 inch desktop (smaller options available)
- Pneumatic lift system
- Removable keyboard tray
- May be hard to lift when there's heavy equipment on top (35 pound weight limit)
- Very heavy
- May wobble slightly
- Ergonomic Working Posture: Transitioning between sitting and standing throughout the long work day, EGSSD6 standing desk converter provides numerous health benefits for the body such as increased blood flow and reduced aches and pains.
- Set a Workstation at Your Home And Office: The desktop surface measures 35” x 16”, which maximizes usable area while still providing room for dual monitors with 33lbs weight capacity. The 26" x 10.2" keyboard tray raises in sync with the top surface to create a comfortable workstation.
This affordable dual monitor standing desk converter offers a 35” x 16” desktop with a separate keyboard tray. It is sturdy and durable with a 33 pound weight limit.
The adjustment uses a pneumatic system and can adjust from 4.7 to 19.3 inches. It also has a slit for placing a tablet or other device.
- Pneumatic adjustment from 4.7 to 19.3 inches
- Sturdy and strong with 33 pound weight limit
- Two tier design includes keyboard tray
- Not great for shorter people since it does not go all the way down
- May wobble
- Not much space around the keyboard tray for movement
- Tall Desk Converter: Designed to accommodate people 6'1" or taller
- Simple: This desk was created to pop out of the box and onto your work surface. You’ll be up and working more productively in no time
This standing desk converter is made out of high-quality materials and uses a spring-loaded system for adjustability.
It has a keyboard tray and works with 9 different height settings that accommodate tall people over 6 feet tall.
It also has a rowing lift mechanism that keeps the user in ergonomic position and comes with a 5 year limited warranty.
- Spring-loaded adjustability
- Sturdy, strong, and durable
- Made out of high-quality materials
- More expensive than other options
- Keyboard tray may be too small
- May not be great for very short people
- EASY HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT: Utilize the gas spring handles for smooth height adjustments throughout the day and effortlessly raise your desk from 6” to 19.25” in seconds.
- WORK HEALTHIER: Sit and stand throughout the day for a healthier way to work. This sit to stand desk riser is designed to encourage more movement throughout the day helping to improve productivity and energy, as well as eliminating or reducing neck, back and shoulder pain.
This pneumatic standing desk converter can raise the desk from 6 inches to 19.25 inches without too much effort.
It also has an ergonomic keyboard tray and an extra wide and spacious desktop surface of 25.5 inches.
The Mount it! converter comes with a slit to hold a separate device like a tablet or a phone. It is also made to be long-lasting with durability and stability.
- Pneumatic adjustment
- Ergonomic keyboard tray
- Strong and durable
- Only goes down to 6 inches
- Very large, may take up most or all of a normal sized desk
- Keyboard tray does not retract
- Ideal ergonomics – Sit to stand in seconds with this motorized standing desk. Lift and lower your desk without the struggle of traditional risers, perfect for sufferers of back, elbow, shoulder, or wrist pain.
- Spacious 40" surface – The large U-shaped worksurface measuring 40" x 16.3" features a cutout over the 34.6" keyboard tray that is ideal for laptop users, and provides plenty of space for dual monitor or laptop + monitor setups to create the customized workflow you need.
While this desk converter is more expensive than the top pick from the same company, it is a great choice if you want to spend a little more money for the electric adjustment.
It has a large 40 inch desktop with a 34.6 inch keyboard tray (a 36 inch desktop option is available if 40 inches is too big).
It is heavy duty and strong with a 55 pound weight limit.
- Electric adjustment
- Large desktop and keyboard tray
- Strong with 55 pound weight limit (44 pounds for desktop and 11 for keyboard tray)
- May scratch and dent easier than some options
- Sharp edges
- Very heavy
Final Thoughts on Dual Monitor Standing Desk Converters
A standing desk converter large enough to hold two monitors is a great addition to any office space for those who are ergonomically aware.
There are tons of different types and options with a plethora of prices and styles to choose from.
There are adjustable options using different systems and some that are reasonably priced for a sturdy addition to your office. You will not have a hard time finding one that you love!
Last update on 2021-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API