In this article you will know all about the best laptop standing desk converters!
Standing desk converters are a great way to improve your health while keeping your existing desk.
However, many of them are designed to be used with a desktop PC with a keyboard and large monitors. This may not be good for those who use laptops at the office.
This article includes:
- The top 5 best laptop standing desk converters with their pros and cons
- What they are and how they work
- What to look for in the best ones on the market
What are we waiting for!
Best Laptop Standing Desk Converters
- No products found. (Our Top Pick)
- Laptop Stand , Ergonomic Laptop Stand Adjustable Height (Best Budget)
- VariDesk Cube Plus 40 by Vari (Best High End)
What are Laptop Standing Desk Converters?
A standing desk converter rests on top of a traditional desk and increases the height so that you can stand comfortably while working. This is beneficial in numerous ways because sitting is terrible for your health.
However, laptops do not have separate keyboards and may not extend to the height that a separate monitor would, which can lead to poor positioning or improper ergonomics.
Read More >> Standing Desks vs Standing Desk Converters (Which is Better?)
Laptop standing desk converters are made for holding a laptop the right distance from your eyes so that your wrists and hands can rest comfortably on top of the keyboard.
In addition, these types of converters also accommodate standard sized laptops, having features like interior cable management and tilts, which could make it easier to position in front of the screen.
Check out this video to learn more about the pros and cons of a standing desk converter!
What are the Different Types of Laptop Standing Desk Converters?
There are several different types of standing desk converters and risers designed for use with a laptop.
Read More >> Best Standing Desks for Laptops (2021 Review)
In addition to standard laptop standing desk converters, there are also two tiered, pneumatic, electronic, and extra large options to keep in mind. Let’s look at the different features of each of these types.
This type works only for laptops and is designed to only move the laptop up to standing height.
They do not have excessive space for any other materials, but are also small so that you will have access to more of the traditional desk’s surface area to keep any other materials that you need.
Standard converters are also very affordable and a great way to see if the standing lifestyle is right for you.
This type has two different levels. They can be used for laptops or desktop computers because the upper tier can be used for the laptop or monitor, while the lower tier can be used for a laptop or keyboard and mouse.
Most of them are adjustable, which can also be greatly beneficial to your overall health because alternating between sitting and standing is the healthiest way to work throughout the day.
This type uses a pneumatic system to adjust from sitting to standing and back again. They are much easier to use than manual adjusting options and can support more weight.
While a laptop is easy to move without a pneumatic system, many people use their laptop with additional monitors, this can make it much easier to adjust those screens to the optimal height and distance.
A step above pneumatic systems is a laptop standing desk converter that runs on an electric motor.
They adjust with ease at the touch of a button and can also adjust rapidly. These are great for ease of use, but they are also a little more expensive than many of the other types.
While most standing desk converters are only big enough for a portion of the desk to rise up, extra large ones cover most or all of the existing desktop surface area.
This is great if you utilize multiple screens or a lot of materials that need to be raised to your level when you are standing. They are somewhat expensive, but can come in handy for a lot of professions.
How Do Laptop Standing Desk Converters Work?
A laptop standing desk converter extends upward from the top of an existing desk to make it perfect for using while standing. Adjustable options also go down almost flat against the desktop surface.
Read More >> Best Standing Desk Without Keyboard Tray (2021 Review)
When we stand at a laptop standing desk converter, we also want the angle from our vision to be correct as well as the ability to type remain intact. Laptop standing desk converters do this well.
While standing we use more muscles and burn more calories. A sedentary lifestyle can be detrimental to your overall health, since we spend a lot of time at work, it makes sense to try to reduce the amount of sitting we do during the day.
Even though it is still important to exercise regularly, you can purchase an affordable desk riser to use at work and still keep the desk organization in the work area the same.
What to Look for in the Best Laptop Standing Desk Converters?
When shopping for a laptop desk converter, there are some things to keep in mind.
First, do you use any other materials that you will need to readily access while using the desk converter? If so, you may not want a standard laptop riser and should probably go with one of the larger types that can hold more than just your laptop at eye level.
You may also want to consider the amount of tilt. A laptop computer becomes difficult to see at different angles, but you also need to be able to reach the keyboard and type comfortably when using the laptop desk converter.
Make sure that you will be able to see the screen while typing and that it is not too close or too far from your eyes.
If you are planning on putting the laptop standing desk converter at your only work area, then you may want to consider one that adjusts.
Additionally, you may want to make sure that it goes flat enough down to sit ergonomically when it rests on your desk since some are thicker or higher than others.
If you are planning on keeping heavy materials on the desktop converter, then you will want to make sure that the adjustments work well and that the weight limit is not too low.
Do you plan on adjusting the converter often? then you may want to consider a pneumatic or electronic product.
Best Laptop Standing Desk Converters
#1 No products found.
No products found.
This two tier laptop standing desk converter is available in two colors and several sizes from 28 inches to 42 inches. It adjusts effortlessly from 4.7 to 19.9 inches.
The lower tier is large enough to fit a laptop and you still have the upper tier free for other uses, or vice versa. It folds into its own footprint, even comes with a 5 year warranty and a 30 day risk free guarantee.
- Easy adjustment from 4.7 to 19.9 inches
- Two tiers, both large enough for a laptop
- Color and size options available
- May not be great for very tall people
- May wobble slightly on higher settings
- 44 pound weight limit
#2 Laptop Stand , Ergonomic Laptop Stand Adjustable Height
- The adjustable laptop stand fits a variety of laptops from 10''-15.6'' ,adjustable in height rang from 1.6'' to 12.5''，the flat size is about 8.5”*10.2”*4”.
- Tight hings improving balance and stability,both the hinges can be adjusted from 0°-180°.
This laptop standing desk converter is strong and made out of thermal conduction aluminum alloy for stability. It can support up to 13 pounds with ease, also allows ventilation to prevent the laptop from overheating.
It is also easily transportable when folded down flat and adjusts anywhere from 1.6 to 12.5 inches. Laptops from 10 to 17 inches are a great fit.
- Durable, scratch resistant, and waterproof
- Adjustable from 1.6 to 12.5 inches
- High quality materials and construction
- Only fits a laptop (10 to 17 inches)
- Manual adjustment can be a little stiff
- Very heavy
#3 VariDesk Cube Plus 40 by Vari
- 2 SPACIOUS TIERS: Transform your workstation with our spacious two-tier rising desk converter with an upper display surface and lower slide-out keyboard tray. Slim enough to use in a standard cubicle's wings, this desk converter offers a large workspace with an upper tier (40” wide x 23.75” length) for two computer monitors and a lower tier for a standard keyboard and mouse.
- ERGONOMIC MOVEMENT: Our special rowing-lift mechanism with its up-and-back movement allows you to easily adjust the rising desk while maintaining a healthy posture. Go from sitting to standing in seconds using the dual-handle design with a spring-assisted lift, without causing any strain to your back. Whether at home or in the office, this sit to stand desk will help you work comfortably.
This is a heavy-duty, two tier laptop standing desk converter that has 11 different height settings using a spring-loaded lift system. It has a slim design that somehow offers a spacious surface area.
The lower tier is large enough for small laptops, but the upper tier is large enough for large laptops and other materials. It also comes with a 5 year limited warranty.
- Great customer service and a 5 year warranty
- Spring-loaded lift system
- Stable and sturdy
- Only lowers to 5.5 inches
- Different height settings instead of any height
- More expensive than other options
#4 Stand Steady X-Elite Pro Standing Desk Converter
- EASY SIT TO STAND: Raise and lower your standing desk converter quickly and quietly with the pneumatic pump assisted lift. Simply grip the side handle and let the pump do the work! When you’re ready to sit again, grip the handle and apply downward pressure to return to a lower position.
- PATENTED ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Say goodbye to neck and back pain! With its innovative air pump assist and slim modern frame, the patented X-Elite Pro is the perfect ergonomic solution for any home or office space.
This large adjustable standing desk converter comes in your choice of four color options and uses a pneumatic lift system.
The surface is 28 inches in length and can hold a laptop and more, supports up to 20 pounds. It is very sturdy and does not require any assembly.
- Strong and sturdy with 20 pound weight limit
- Large surface
- Pneumatic adjustment up to 16 inches in height
- May wobble a little bit
- Not great for very heavy items
- Heavy and may scratch desk underneath
#5 FITUEYES Height Adjustable Standing Desk Converter
- 【Spacious Work Area】: The top surface measures 31.5” x 15.7” providing plenty of space for single monitor, dual monitor, and laptop + computer monitor setups. Raises up to 19.8 inches and lowers down to 4.3 inches making this ideal for you no matter your height
- 【Dual Gas Spring Force 】:Go from sitting to standing in one easy smooth motion with dual gas spring force. Adjust to your proper comfort level by using the innovative simple touch height locking mechanism
This is a two tier laptop standing desk converter with a large 31.5 inch by 15.7 inch surface.
It adjusts from 4.3 to 19.8 inches and is strong enough to hold up to 33 pounds. The lower tier is large enough for a laptop, the design is also modern, but simple. Even comes in a smaller size and your choice of 3 unique color options.
- Size and color options
- Adjusts from 4.3 to 19.8 inches
- Large surface area (31.5” x 15.7”)
- May scratch easily
- Some assembly required and you should have a screwdriver handy
- May be difficult to lift when there are heavy materials on top
Final Thoughts on Laptop Standing Desk Converters
A laptop standing desk converter can help you turn your existing desk into a standing desk designed specifically for ergonomic use with a laptop.
This can be great for those who do not want a large riser, but instead want to save space and go from sitting to standing regularly throughout the day.
There are tons of options from affordable standard types to more expensive, highly adjustable products in many styles / colors to suit you and your office.
Last update on 2022-12-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API