Interested in learning about the best under desk treadmill? In this product review guide, I will go over...
- My top pick for the best under desk treadmill
- What to look for in an under desk treadmill and how to read between the lines to choose the product specifications that are best for you
- How to choose the right treadmill for your specific needs
Let’s get started!
Our Top 5 Under Desk Treadmills?
What Are Under Desk Treadmills?
Under desk treadmills are designed to be used while you are working at a computer in an office environment. They work very well for home offices or business offices. Under desk treadmills are one great way to get exercise even when you are doing computer work.
Walking while working may even improve your concentration. They also help to reduce problems that come from sedentary work, including problems that can come even when using a standing desk, such as the tendency to lock your knees or hunch over the computer. Walking is typically a more natural motion than sitting or standing, so you may find a reduction in back problems and other issues when using a treadmill.
Under desk treadmills are typically not as powerful or robust as typical treadmills. Most do not come with extensive programmable exercise options or features like an incline. These are very straightforward and typically quite affordable treadmills designed to increase your steps while working or provide a quick jog at the end of the day, not serious exercise machines.
What Are The Different Types of Under Desk Treadmills?
Under desk treadmills tend to be fairly straightforward compared to some other types of treadmills. There are two primary varieties: the type with a collapsible support rod and ones that come with no support rod.
Those that come with the collapsible support rod are typically considered two-in-one treadmills since they are effective both for under the desk and for full-out jogs that require a support rod.
How Do Under Desk Treadmills Work?
Under desk treadmills fit smoothly underneath a standing desk so that you can walk while still having your hands free to type and while still being able to see your computer screen easily. Most fold flat so that they can easily be stored under furniture or against a wall in a home or business office. Most are programmed via remote control or an LCD screen.
What to Look For In The Best X?
- Weight capacity. Under desk treadmills tend to be some of the smaller treadmills available, and many do not have a very high weight capacity. The average is between 220 lbs and 265 lbs. Make sure that you check the weight capacity before making a purchase.
- Horsepower. Under desk treadmills typically don't have as much horsepower as standard treadmills, but there is a fair amount of diversity in the horsepower offered. The most powerful under desk treadmills have about 2.5 horsepower, while the least powerful may only have 1.5 horsepower.
- Support rod movement. If you want to occasionally have a fast jog, you probably want a support rod. Some under desk treadmills offer support rods that can easily be folded down for convenient storage or under desk use, while others require tools like a wrench to make the adjustment.
Best Under Desk Treadmills Reviewed
This treadmill gives you the option of having a support rod or removing it to make it easier to utilize under your desk. The folding support also makes this treadmill very convenient for storage. It can easily slide underneath your bed or in other low-access storage areas.
This treadmill works well whether you want to walk while you work or get a full-out jog. Shock absorption is provided by five layers of non-slip running belt as well as a column support made of silica gel.
A remote control and LED display make it very easy for you to track how many calories you're burning, how fast you're going, and the distance you're traveling. The remote also makes it convenient to change speed or stop the machine when you don't have the support rod in place.
- Able to hold up to 265 lbs
- Robust 2.5 HP motor allows you to run up to 7.6 miles per hour and walk at 3.8 miles per hour
- Arrived completely assembled and is very easy to set up, use, and store
- Only two speed presets for 3 or 6, then you need to press up or down to arrive at your exact specifications each time
- Instructions are not very helpful
- Quite heavy and difficult for some people to move to and from storage
Here is the Urevo treadmill in action:https://youtu.be/tluCF9Bi6YQ
Here is a convenient folding treadmill that works equally well as an under the desk walking or jogging treadmill or as a machine for full-speed jogs. Transport wheels underneath it make it very easy for you to slide it underneath a bed or couch for storage.
The support beam folds down conveniently when you don't need it. A remote control and large LED screen make it easy to see your exercise stats and control the machine. A safety key can be attached to your wrist so that the treadmill will shut down automatically in case of an emergency.
- Comes in a range of attractive colors so you can customize your workout and office spaces
- Convenient transport wheels for under furniture storage
- A wrench is required to raise or lower the handle every time, which is time-consuming if you want to do it regularly
- The remote does not come with the battery required for it to work
- The stop button stops the treadmill very abruptly, which may destabilize you
Here is a sleek, lightweight little treadmill that can work great for under the desk use. At only 78 lbs and covering only .05 square meters, this is one of the lightest and smallest options you'll find.
If you want a treadmill that is easy to store by slipping underneath your sofa or bed, this is a great option. It has wheels to make it even easier.
The special noise reduction system makes this a good choice for office as well as home use. A large, clear display is easy for anyone to see and use.
- Built-in workout app to control the speed, mileage, and calorie-burning of your workout.
- Connect your phone so that you can monitor your progress
- Big monitor makes it easy for anybody to see the display
- Only supports up to 220 lb, which may be problematic for many people
- A 1.5 HP motor is significantly lower horsepower than some other options
This little treadmill is specifically designed for under the desk use and it is very effective for it. It has an exceptionally quiet motor so it won't distract you while you're working.
Choose from speeds from .5 miles an hour up to 7 miles per hour, perfect for walking while you work or a full-speed jog. The LED display lets you see everything you need, and you can also connect your phone to play music through the speakers in the treadmill. A remote control is also available to adjust the speed and stop the machine as needed.
- 12 easy-to-use programs enable you to accomplish your exercise goals effortlessly
- Built-in Bluetooth speaker that is able to be connected to your phone is a very convenient feature
- Small, low-impact treadmill is very easy to store and doesn't weigh as much as some other options
- 2.25 HP motor is slightly less powerful than some other options
- Maximum weight is 220 lb, which may be a low maximum for many people.
- No option for a support rod
This quiet little treadmill offers a lot of versatility in one convenient machine. Achieve a full-blown jog at up to 6.5 miles per hour utilizing the support rod and LED display, or walk at as little as five miles an hour and collapse the support rod for under desk use.
A built-in Bluetooth speaker enables you to connect your phone to listen to music or watch television. There's even a bracket to hold your phone within easy reach. This treadmill arrives fully assembled for your convenience
- Convenient LED display, bluetooth speakers, and phone holding bracket
- Multifunctional design featuring a collapsible support beam
- 24/7 customer service in case you run into any problems or questions
- Not as powerful as some other options, with a 2.25 HP motor
- The handrail must be unscrewed every time you raise or lower it, which interferes somewhat with its versatility
- The belt tends to slip occasionally and require tightening so that it is not loose on the treadmill
Final Thoughts On Under Desk Treadmills
Under desk treadmills can be a very effective way to get your steps in while doing office work. Using one may increase your focus, prevent repetitive motion and sedentary work-related injury and illness, and help you to enjoy your workday more.