If you have been shopping for a kneeling chair, you may have found that it is crucial that they are the right size.
Not only that, but it can also be difficult to find one that fits a small person.
This article will cover:
- The top 5 best kneeling chairs designed for a short person
- The different types and how they work
- What to look for to find the best ones
Let’s get started!
Best Kneeling Chairs for Short People
- BetterPosture Jazzy Kneeling Chair (Our Top Pick)
- DRAGONN by VIVO Ergonomic Kneeling Chair (Best Budget)
- Varier ThatSit Balans Kneeling Chair with Backrest (Best High End)
What are Kneeling Chairs for Short People?
A kneeling chair allows you to distribute your weight evenly around the body while maintaining the natural curvature of the spine and back.
This can help to reduce back pain and offer other health benefits by reducing the amount of compression around the body. It also can help you learn better posture.
However, a lot of the top kneeling chairs may not accommodate smaller body types. If you are a short person then you will need a chair that suits you.
This means that it will have to have a smaller space between the knee pads and the seat. It should also allow for the other dimensions that small people tend to have.
Good thing there are options that are specifically designed with smaller people in mind!
If the chair is too big then it will not be able to offer the benefits that you desire. It may cause staring or difficulty completing tasks.
It may still reduce the amount of compression around the body, but may also cause strain in other locations.
This would defeat the purpose of the kneeling chair in the first place.
Check out this video to learn more about the health benefits of a kneeling chair!
What are the Different Types of Kneeling Chairs for Short People?
The types of kneeling chairs for short people are similar to any other types of kneeling chairs.
However, it is still important to know the different types and the things that they offer related to height.
Besides the standard kneeling chair designed with short people in mind, there are also ergonomic, rocking, and mobile options to check out.
This is a typically kneeling chair, but the ones for short people will have smaller dimensions that can accommodate your body type.
They can provide a position for good posture and optimal angles. Usually they have height adjustments so it should be able to work for short people in a wide range of heights.
However, they typically do not have more advanced adjustable features that you may find with some of the other types.
This type is great for short people because it is highly adjustable.
They do not only offer height adjustment, but also have adjustable knee pads and seat depth options. Some have a larger height range as well.
This can be a great choice for very short people who are too small for standard options as well.
Read More >> Best Ergonomic Kneeling Chairs
This style of kneeling chair promotes active sitting which can be even healthier than the use of a standard kneeling chair.
They are not designed specifically for short people in general, but there are options that should accommodate smaller statures or petite people.
This type rocks back and forth so you can keep moving while you sit and work.
A lot of kneeling chairs do not offer mobility, but this type does.
They have caster wheels and are often made of more lightweight materials to make them roll and move easier.
This works great for shorter people because shorter people tend to have lower body weights that can work with a lightweight design.
They often also have other features that make it easier to reach work materials and other supplies that may be beneficial for short people as well.
Read More >> Best Kneeling Chairs for Gaming (2022 Review)
How do Kneeling Chairs for Short People Work?
A kneeling chair made for a short person will have dimensions and design elements that accommodate smaller people.
They may not work for average sized people and likely will not be good for taller people. This is because they have less space in between the knee pad and the seat.
The available space between the knee pad and the seat will allow a short person to sit centered on the seat cushion which is healthier and more comfortable than a kneeling chair that is not the right size even slightly.
In addition, the seat cushion is often shaped a little differently and may even be smaller. This allows it to work well with smaller people because it will still offer the support in the right places.
This helps it improve posture and reduce back pain and compression with petite people.
Are you tall >> Best Kneeling Chairs for Tall People
What to Look for in the Best Kneeling Chairs for Short People?
It is important to get the right kneeling chair when you are shopping for one.
There are some important factors that relate directly to the design to ensure that you get one that suits your height no matter how short.
First, you will want to consider the adjustability.
Many options are adjustable and this allows the kneeling chair to accommodate a larger range of heights from its users.
If you do not get one that is very adjustable, then you will want to make sure that it will work for your specific height.
Another factor is the angle of the seat as well as the positioning of the knee pad. You will want a seat that has a forward tilt.
However, the tilt cannot make it to where the knee pads are too close or too far away, otherwise your height may not fit well in the chair.
Finally, you will want to make sure that the design allows you to be properly positioned to your desk and work materials.
A kneeling chair is much different than a traditional office chair, but you still want to make sure that you can adequately and comfortably see the monitor and reach the keyboard.
This is important for a short person because short people tend to have shorter arms.
If you have to strain to reach the desktop, then it likely is not a good option for you and may even do more harm than good.
Read More >> Kneeling Chair Desk Height: What’s Best for You?
Best Kneeling Chairs for Short People
- POSTURE AND BACK SUPPORT. This kneeling chair’s design causes most of a person’s body weight to shift to their leg muscles (which are better able to support it), removing that load from the back and reducing the tendency to slouch or lean forward.
- HIGH QUALITY CONSTRUCTION. Long lasting tubular metal frame and components accommodate users weighing up to 275 lbs. Our products are trusted by back and neck specialists throughout the world!
This mobile kneeling chair has a pneumatic height adjustment feature that adjusts the height from 21 to 28 inches.
It is also made out of durable materials that can hold up to 275 pounds. The design suits shorter people and can accommodate those closer to average height as well.
The cushion uses memory foam for support and comfort and it has high-quality caster wheels.
- Caster wheels
- Pneumatic adjustment from 21 to 28 inches seat height
- Comfortable memory foam seat cushion
- More expensive than some options
- Poor knee pad upholstery
- Knee pads are not adjustable
- Ergonomic Kneeling Chair - We’ve got your back (and your knees, shins, and your behind!) Your ergonomic kneeling chair with back support is equipped with a mesh three-inch thick cushion to ensure excellent support. It features 4 casters (wheels) so you have the freedom to move – just like your old office chair! Please Note: You will use different muscles in a kneeling chair, so it’s best to acclimate yourself when first using or switch positions throughout the day.
- Better Posture While Tilted - There is no reason to hunch over your keyboard or desk for hours on end anymore. This posture chair has a functional design that gives you the posture benefits of standing and the relief of sitting all in one. It will keep your back at an upright position, distributing your weight evenly throughout your buttocks and legs, all while keeping your spine aligned.
This kneeling chair has 4 caster wheels for mobility, a back support component, and a three inch cushion for support and comfort.
It also has a tilted seat design that may be beneficial for natural positioning. The materials are strong and it can support 250 pounds.
It is height adjustable from 21 to 31 inches so it can accommodate people who are short as well as people that are taller than average.
- Adjustable from 21 to 31 inches
- Comfortable 3 inch cushion
- Tilted seat
- Poor caster wheel quality
- Materials are not designed for lasting a long time
- Vague and difficult instructions for assembly
- The Thatsit has adjustable kneepad and a backrest, making it our most comfortable chair yet.
- It is lightweight and can easily be moved around. Variable is intended for use with standard height desks
This chair is made out of extremely durable and flexible materials and it has a comfortable rocking motion and design that accommodates people of virtually any height.
The fabric is also very comfortable and the style is a little more fancy than others. It can hold up to 300 pounds with ease.
- Rocking motion
- High Quality materials
- 300 pound weight limit
- More expensive than most other options
- Difficult assembly with poor instructions
- Uncomfortable padding
- PNEUMATIC LIFT: With its pneumatic pump for increased height flexibility, your kneeling chair is now fully adjustable- so you can customize it to your perfect comfort level. Designed to naturally correct your posture, the ProErgo Ergonomic Kneeling Chair helps relieve workday stiffness from sitting too long in traditional office chairs
- MAXIMUM COMFORT: This ergonomic kneeling chair is designed to alleviate neck and back pain - without the added pressure on your knees and shins. Equipped with breathable 2.5" fabric cushions, this chair was made for all day cool comfort
This kneeling chair has a pneumatic adjustability feature that allows it to work for people that are short and tall.
It is comfortable and has 3 inch fabric cushions with breathable materials so your buttocks and shins do not get too hot.
It can hold up to 250 pounds and has a sleek, modern design.
- Pneumatic adjustability
- 3 inch cushions with breathable fabric
- Comfortable and ergonomic
- Not comfortable for heavier people
- Not great for people above 5’5”
- Poor upholstery
- Ergonomic Design** : The meditation chair has a user-friendly design that allows you to have a more relaxing position. The optimized pressure dispersion system of the c kneeling chair distributes the pressure on the seat, back-rest, and knee-rest, resulting in a more relaxed posture.
- Posture Corrector** : The ergonomic office chair optimizes your sitting position by improving your tilt angle. Your spine posture automatically adjusts when you sit on the chair leading to relief from back pain, neck pain, waist disc correction, etc.
This kneeling chair has a comfortable and ergonomic design and also has a tilted seat for comfort and posture.
It also has caster wheels for mobility and a mesh, breathable upholstery. It is height adjustable and can work for people who are very short.
It is designed for long-lasting durability and comfort.
- Caster Wheels
- Can work for very short people
- Rough, uncomfortable fabric
- Not good for very heavy people
- Difficult assembly
Final Thoughts on Kneeling Chairs for Short People
If you are smaller than average height, then you will have to make sure that you get a kneeling chair that works for you.
Otherwise, it can do more harm than good. Good thing there are plenty of options available at virtually every price point.
There are also ergonomic options, rocking kneeling chairs, and mobile choices available so you can find one that is perfect for you.
Last update on 2022-12-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API