Be ready for the best kneeling chairs for tall people!
Kneeling chairs can be a great way to reduce the risks associated with sitting.
However, sometimes they are not the right size for people that are taller than average.
This article includes:
- The top 5 best kneeling chairs for tall people and their pros and cons
- What they are and the different types
- What to look for to find the best option for you
Let’s dive in!
Best Kneeling Chairs for Tall People
- ProErgo Pneumatic Ergonomic Kneeling Chair (Our Top Pick)
- Himimi Ergonomic Kneeling Chair (Best Budget)
- Varier ThatSit Balans Kneeling Chair with Backrest (Best High End)
What are Kneeling Chairs for Tall People?
Kneeling chairs allow the weight of your body to be distributed evenly around the whole body.
They also promote good posture and allow the back to remain in its natural position. This can make them great tools for reducing back pain and increasing well-being.
However, many options do not accommodate taller individuals. A taller person needs more room in the chair to fit their legs and keep good posture.
The bottom also needs to allow room for feet and the lower half of the legs. There are plenty of options suitable for taller people if you know what to look for.
Since a kneeling chair is supposed to eliminate any compression in the back, legs, and core then it needs to be the right size for the user’s body.
If a person is too tall for the chair then it can compress their body which defeats the purpose for the kneeling chair in the first place.
Check out this video to learn more about the benefits of a kneeling chair!
What are the Different Types of Kneeling Chairs for Tall People?
There are a lot of different types of kneeling chairs and a few of them are most suitable for tall people.
In addition to the standard kneeling chair designed with a tall person in mind, there are a few other types that include ergonomic, rocking, heavy duty, and sitting/standing.
This is just like a standard kneeling chair except that it is designed to accommodate someone who is taller than average.
They also usually have a weight limit that is somewhat higher than other kneeling chairs. Provides good posture and 110 degree bottom to thigh angle and 60 to 70 degree thigh to calf angle.
Usually they are height adjustable, but do not have any other adjustable features. Many options also come with caster wheels to provide mobility.
This type is very beneficial for tall people because it has more adjustable features.
Many options have adjustable knee rests in addition to the height and some even have backrests that are adjustable and often taller than the ones on other kneeling chairs.
Some even have saddle seats or lumbar support features for additional support.
A rocking kneeling chair is a great way to encourage active sitting and a healthy lifestyle.
While not specifically designed for a tall person, they are often more adjustable than regular kneeling chairs to make it easy to rock while staying comfortable.
This is a great option for taller people who are also heavier than average.
They are made of strong, durable materials so that they can accommodate heavier weights and last for a long time.
Many of these options also provide more room for a taller person to fit into comfortably.
This is a great chair for amazing health benefits because it is healthiest to alternate between standing and sitting regularly throughout the day.
This type of chair allows the user to go from kneeling to sitting to standing and can help you obtain a healthy lifestyle free from prolonged periods in any single position.
Read More >> Is it Better to Work Standing or Sitting?
How do Kneeling Chair for Tall People Work?
A kneeling chair that is designed to accommodate a tall person has a larger amount of space available between the knee padding and the seat.
This allows a person with long legs to fit comfortably. This often means that these components are adjustable and that the height for the seat can perfectly match your body by adjusting the height of the knee pads.
Another thing to consider is the longer lower leg on someone who is taller. For this there has to be a comfort consideration that allows for longer legs without pain.
This means that there cannot be bars located that may constrict the movement of the ankle or foot.
When a kneeling chair fits a person’s body, it allows them to keep their spine’s natural curvature and reduces the compression and tension throughout the body.
It also helps a person keep good posture and alleviate aches and pains associated with sitting in a traditional chair.
What to Look for in the Best Kneeling Chairs for Tall People?
There are a number of different things to think about when you are shopping for a kneeling chair that suits someone who is tall.
First, you need to consider the weight limit. Tall people are understandably heavier than shorter folks and you want to make sure that the chair you purchase will hold your weight without being damaged or deteriorating over time.
You also want to consider adjustability. If you are tall then you do not have the average body type that many kneeling chairs are built for.
This means that even ones built for taller people may have odd features that make it unsuitable for other tall people. Make sure that you can fit into it comfortably and that you can adjust it as needed.
The angle of the seat and the knee pad is also important. You want a chair that has a forward tilt, but this can be a different factor for tall people because it can reduce the amount of space you have between the seat and the knee pad.
The knee pads also have lumbar support when they open up the hips. They should also be large enough to hold your knees and upper shins without pain or discomfort.
Read More >> Are Ergonomic Kneeling Chairs Worth It?
Distance between seat and knee pad
The distance between the seat and the knee pad is one of the most important considerations.
In general, tall people have longer legs and that means that the distance between the knee pads and the seat needs to be longer in order to comfortably accommodate.
If you cannot find one that fits your body, then go for an ergonomic option that has more adjustability features.
Best Kneeling Chairs for Tall People
- PNEUMATIC LIFT: With its pneumatic pump for increased height flexibility, your kneeling chair is now fully adjustable- so you can customize it to your perfect comfort level. Designed to naturally correct your posture, the ProErgo Ergonomic Kneeling Chair helps relieve workday stiffness from sitting too long in traditional office chairs.
- MAXIMUM COMFORT: We’ve got your back (and your knees, shins, and your behind)! This ergonomic kneeling chair is designed to alleviate neck and back pain - without the added pressure on your knees and shins. Equipped with breathable three-inch fabric cushions, this chair was made for all day cool comfort.
This is a great option that is fully adjustable and has a weight limit of 250 pounds.
It has thick, comfortable cushions that have breathable, cool upholstery.
In addition, the construction is durable and strong while remaining stylish and the chair is available in two different color options.
Finally, the height adjustment uses a pneumatic system with a lever and it also has 4 caster wheels for mobility.
- Thick cushions
- 250 pound weight limit
- Pneumatic adjustment from 19.5 inches to 25.5 inches
- Not great for those over 6 foot 2 inches
- Single knee padding
- Difficult assembly
- 【ERGONOMIC KNEELING CHAIR】The Himimi kneeling chair is designed with ergonomic construction, will keep your back upright and distributing your weight evenly throughout your buttocks and legs, all while keeping your spine aligned. This will avoid fatigue and discomfort caused by sitting for a long time. Also it's a perfect chair for work. Load capacity is 250 Pounds.
- 【HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE CHAIR】 Height Available with its NEW pneumatic pump for increased height flexibility - Allowing you to adjust the kneeling chair to the size that suits you. The kneeling chair height can be adjusted by the height adjusting pneumatic rod and the 3 kneeling cushion height adjusted holes. (Pull up the pneumatic rod, and adjust the seat height from 20.08 to 22.83 inch to the most fitted position using your body weight.) Model is 5'9" tall and weighs 57kg.
This chair is made of iron for stability and durability and can hold up to 250 pounds. The pneumatic adjustment can go from 20.08 to 22.83 inches with the use of a lever.
Kneeling cushions can also be manually adjusted to fit your body type. The cushions are 3 inches thick for comfort and it also has 4 caster wheels for mobility.
- Pneumatic adjustment from 20.08 to 22.83 inches
- Manually adjustment for kneeling cushion
- Thick cushions
- Not good for those shorter than 5 foot 4 inches
- Poor caster wheels
- Poor upholstery
This chair is made out of the highest quality materials and has flexible, yet durable, wood to provide a rocking motion that encourages active sitting.
It has soft, comfortable fabric and a modern, but elegant style. It also fits a large range of heights from short to tall and can hold up to 300 pounds.
- Rocking motion
- High Quality materials
- 300 pound weight limit
- More expensive than most other options
- Difficult assembly with poor instructions
- Uncomfortable padding
- Size: 17.5"x21"x28" (L x W x H)Weigh: 16.50lbs (Chair Only) Height: 15.11” to 18.41” (Adjustable) Length: 20.59” to 28.03”(Adjustable)
- 6 hole Manually adjustable seat height (Support Weight Capacity: 440lbs) Material: Royblue PU Uplostery, Steel frame & 2" Foam cushion on the knee Padded and Seat
This is a durable chair with a weight limit of 440 pounds and it has an adjustable seat height with 6 different height settings.
It has a steel frame and the seat and knee pad have a 2 inch thick cushion. It also comes with caster wheels and a 2 year warranty.
- 440 pound weight limit
- Height adjustable
- 2 year warranty
- Poor seat angle
- Not good for those taller than 6 foot 2 inches
- Height adjustment is manual with 6 different settings
- MODERN DESIGN TO IMPROVE POSTURE -This kneeling chair can adjust the angle of your lower body to ease the weight placed on your lower back in a conventional chair. Active sitting at a 90-degree angle achieves this with a little help from the knee pads to keep you from tilting too far forward while you’re working away in ergonomic comfort.
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT back posture chair - Easy to reach side-lever adjusts the height of your chair from 20 inches to 23 inches. No need to get up repeatedly to adjust your seat. Stay comfortably seated while you get the perfect ergonomic positioning for you. The ergonomic office chair has 4 well built casters allowing you to move around in the chair easily, with two of the wheels lockable to prevent unwanted movement.
This is an impressive chair with an affordable price tag and it can adjust using a side lever from 20 to 23 inches and it has 4 caster wheels.
It also has 3 inch cushions with tear and stain resistant upholstery. The seat and knee pad are tilted for tall people to sit comfortably.
- Caster wheels
- Good upholstery
- Pneumatic adjustment
- 200 pound weight limit
- Low quality materials
- Uncomfortable cushions
Final Thoughts on Kneeling Chairs for Tall People
Kneeling chairs need to be the right size in order to obtain the health benefits that they can offer.
There are a lot of options that are made for people who are tall and a lot of them have higher weight limits and larger spaces to accommodate people over 6 foot tall.
There are options to fit any budget and style.
Last update on 2021-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API