You might want to consider our best cheap standing desk converters If you want a standing desk.
The most affordable option is to get a standing desk converter instead of a whole new standing desk. However, they can still get kind of pricey.
This article covers:
- The top 5 best Cheap Standing Desks and their pros and cons
- Different types to consider and the features they offer
- What you should consider when shopping around
Let’s get started!
Best Cheap Standing Desk Converters
What are Cheap Standing Desk Converters?
A standing desk converter sits on top of a traditional desk and turns it into a desk where you can stand while working.
Plus, you get to keep the desk that you already have and do not have to worry about rearranging or reorganizing too much in the office.
Typically, a standing desk will range from $150 to $300 and more, which is never fun to spend on office furniture.
However, there are plenty of affordable options. You do have to be careful, though, when shopping for a cheaper option to ensure that it is made well, because some of the cheap options do not last long.
Read More >> Best White Standing Desk Converters (2021 Review)
Later in this article, we cover things to look for in the best options to ensure that they are reasonably priced, not cheaply constructed.
You can also watch this video that details many of the problems people face when they buy cheaply made standing desk converters.
What are the Different Types of Cheap Standing Desk Converters?
There are several different types of affordable standing desk converters to keep in mind.
Types include non-adjustable, laptop, adjustable, two tier, and dual monitor options to keep in mind. But why are there so many types and what are their features?
This type sits on the desk and raises a certain amount.
The amount is fixed so you cannot change it, but if it is the right height and you do not plan on sitting where it is located, it can be a very affordable option.
Read More >> Best Wooden Standing Desk Converters (2021 Review)
They are usually made out of wood and sometimes also have cubbies or even drawers built in.
These hold only a laptop while the rest of your materials will stay on the exciting desk.
This is a great option for those who only need a laptop raised and are some of the cheapest options available.
This type adjusts so you can easily go from sitting to standing and back again, which is the healthiest way to utilize any standing desk.
Some are manually adjustable while others use a pneumatic system or electric motor.
Before deciding, you want to consider things like the speed of adjustment and the height when lowered and raised.
This type has two tiers. The lower tier is often used for a keyboard and mouse and the upper tier usually holds the monitor.
They come in many different sizes depending on the size of your monitor and other materials you need to have raised.
This type is designed to fit two monitors. This is great for those who want multiple monitors raised so that they can see them comfortably.
Which may help to reduce the strain on your shoulders, back, and neck. Just be sure to get one that is large enough to hold the size of monitors that you plan on placing on top.
How do Cheap Standing Desk Converters Work?
Cheap standing desk converters allow you to place your working materials on top so that they are raised to about eye level.
This makes it comfortable to stand at them, which can burn more calories and release the tension and compression in your muscles and organs.
It can really do wonders for many bodily functions and overall health.
The most affordable options are usually made out of manufactured or engineered wood. They are also almost always made outside of the United States.
Still, there are plenty of options that have good construction and solid, durable frames.
It is important that you remain cautious though, because there are also options that are not reasonably priced because the mechanisms are iffy, they have a weak frame, or are not sturdy enough to type without the entire desk riser wobbling.
What to Look for in the Best Cheap Standing Desk Converters?
There are a lot of things to keep in mind when looking for cheap or affordable standing desk converters to make sure that you do not get ripped off.
A cheap price does not necessarily mean cheap quality, but it can be cautious.
First, make sure that the weight limit is high enough. If the construction and frame are durable and strong, the weight limit will be at least 20 pounds and much more in many cases.
If you are only going to put a laptop or small, light materials on the desk, this may not matter.
Still, ones with lower weight limits are also more likely to wear out faster than those with higher weight capacities.
You may also want to consider all of the dimensions. Cheaper options may be smaller in many ways, which can be okay, but keep in mind that the desktop may be thinner, the frame legs could have a reduced diameter, and more.
The dimensions are often indicative of quality and may also tell you whether the entire desk riser is balanced.
Many affordable options do not have scratch resistance on the desktop surface. For some, this does not matter much, if at all.
Some people, though, want it to look presentable after regular use and dislike the scratches or dents that may appear. If that is you, then keep this in mind when you are shopping around.
The adjustability mechanism is often the most expensive component of the entire standing desk converter.
Cheap options are unlikely to use electric motors, but may have pneumatics. Whatever type you get, make sure that all of these parts seem well-made.
Otherwise, it could stop working too quickly and you will have to replace it if you want to adjust it.
Finally, the keyboard tray on two tier options is something to look at.
On the most affordable options, the keyboard tray or lower tier is often incredibly small without much space to use a mouse and a keyboard.
It may also have poor construction for sliding in and out if that is a feature of the product you are considering.
Best Cheap Standing Desk Converters
- Spacious Work Space: Measuring 34.6 x 15.7 inches stand up workstation top surface, which is roomy single monitor, dual monitor, and laptop + computer monitor setups. You can also place your keyboard, mouse, documents, books, coffee mug and anything else you have at your workstation.
- Height Adjustment: Thanks to the gas spring hovering system, allows the ohuhu desk riser to adjust smoothly from sitting to standing by using a light squeeze of the handle. (Adjustable range from 4.7" to 19.3")
This desk riser is adjustable using a level and also has a removable keyboard tray that can hold up to 44 pounds.
Desktop surface is 34.6 x 15.7 inches and frosted, waterproof, non-slip, and easy-to-clean.
The frame is made out of steel and the desktop is MDF board. It adjusts from 4.7 to 19.3 inches in height.
- Pneumatic adjustment from 4.7 to 19.3 inches
- 44 pound weight limit with strong steel frame
- Waterproof, non-slip, and easy-to-clean
- Can still become scratched or dented
- Only goes down to 4.7 inches, which may not suit seated users
- Keyboard area is compact
- 【ERGONOMIC VIEWING】Monitor riser is designed to raise your monitor to a comfortable viewing height.It effectively creates a healthier sitting position,relieving the burdens on your neck,shoulder and back throughout your workdays.
- 【MULTIPLE FUNCTION】The monitor stand riser has powerful storage function of keeping the table clean.This computer stand also can be used as a laptop stand riser, printer stand, notebook stand,PC tower stand, desk shelf,TV stand or even a desk organizer
This affordable desk riser option comes in your choice of two wood grain colors and also has pen holder components as well as a cubby.
It is strong and can hold up to 66 pounds. The smaller shelf in the cubby can hold half that at 33 pounds for the capacity.
- Strong with 66 pound weight limit
- Color options
- Cubby and pen holders
- May not be good for tall people
- Screws are large and noticeable
#3 No products found.
No products found.
This desktop comes in your choice of 5 different sizes and three different colors.
With a removable keyboard tray and uses a pneumatic spring hovering system for smooth adjustment from 4.7 to 19.3 inches.
It also folds into its own footprint and comes with a 5-year warranty.
- Pneumatic adjustment from 4.7 to 19.3 inches
- Size and color options
- Very sturdy
- At the upper end of the cheap standing desk converter options
- Adjustment may not be as smooth as more expensive options
- Only lowers to 4.7 inches
- Ergonomic Design: Adjust the height. Combine office & health for more comfortable experience.
- Adjustable Lift: The brake system is controlled by a pneumatic spring to adjust different tabletop heights, allowing ergonomic working positions from sitting to standing
This well-made cheap standing desk converter comes in multiple colors and sizes. using a pneumatic spring system to adjust from 4.5 inches to 19 inches.
It has an ergonomic design, a keyboard tray, and smooth adjustment. Also comes with a 3 year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Pneumatic adjustment from 4.5 to 19 inches
- Color and size options
- Great customer service
- No rubber feet, may scratch desktop
- Opens outward and upward so takes up more room
- Takes two hands for operation
- Create Instant Active Standing - VIVO’s desk riser provides on-demand standing throughout the day for the freedom to get out of your chair and relieve muscle tension, reduce stress, and increase productivity. --Patented--
- Space Efficient 31.5" Surface - The top surface measures 31.5” x 15.7”, which maximizes space while still providing room for dual monitors. The 31.3" x 11.8" (10.5" in center) keyboard tray raises in sync with the top surface to create a comfortable workstation.
This durable and sturdy standing desk converter can hold up to 33 pounds and adjusts from 4.5 to 20 inches using a pneumatic system.
It comes in three different colors and rests in its own footprint. Even comes with a three year warranty. Also has a slot designed to hold a cell phone or tablet.
- Sturdy with 33 pound weight limit
- Pneumatic adjustment from 4.5 to 20 inches
- Color options
- Non-adjustable keyboard tray
- Not the easiest adjustment
- Only lowers to 4.5 inches
Final Thoughts on Cheap Standing Desk Converters
There are tons of standing desk converters available for reasonable prices. In fact, if you know what to look for, you can get a decent quality option for under $100.
plenty of types are available, just make sure that you take every factor about the construction and materials before deciding on which desk riser you want to get.
Last update on 2022-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API