There are tons of different types and styles of standing desk converters, but a lot of them do not come with real wood and wood grain tones, so we bring the best wooden standing desk converters to give that the natural look for your office aesthetic.
This article should help you choose one by including:
- The top 5 best wooden standing desk converters and their pros and cons
- The different types and what features they offer in convenience and style
- What you need to consider when you are shopping around for the best choice
Best Wooden Standing Desk Converters
What are Wooden Standing Desk Converters?
A standing desk converter rests on top of your existing desk to turn it into a standing desk. This offers some health benefits and may be more comfortable for you as well!
Plus, you do not have to buy an entirely new desk to move into the office and organize. However, a lot of desk converters will not match the wood grain style of your traditional desk.
Wooden options range in many different types, but they all have wooden appearance and functionality. This can be much preferred for those trying to achieve a certain style in their office.
Other people may want wood grain so that they can paint or decorate their standing desk converter themselves. Plus, wood tends to last a long time and is solid and durable.
It is important that you know the different types of wooden desk risers so that you can choose one that works for you and your needs.
But first, check out this video to learn how to make your own wooden standing desk converter out of wood!
What are the Different Types of Wooden Standing Desk Converters?
Several different types of wooden standing desk converters actually exists.
There are options made solely out of wood of course, but there are also some with metal frames, two tier options, adjustable, and solid wood options to keep in mind.
Let’s look at what makes each type unique.
These types are only made out of wood so they do not have metal frames or anything except possibly rubber feet so it does not scratch your desktop.
Completely wooden converters can be functional and some even have drawers or openings built in for more storage. They also come in different wood types and colors so that you can find one to match your office.
Metal Frame with Wooden Desktop
This type has a wooden desktop, but they also have a frame made out of steel or another type of metal.
The metal frame can add some functionality to the desk converter because most of these are adjustable. Even those that are not adjustable can offer a combination of modern and traditional design elements.
This type has two different levels made out of different desktops. Some are all wooden with two adjustable or fixed desktop surfaces, while others have a metal frame and have two tiers.
These are great to keep your monitor and other materials like a keyboard or paperwork on a lower level. This can be great for keeping an ergonomic position throughout the workday.
There are several types of adjustable desks that offer the ability to alternate between sitting and standing, which is actually the healthiest way to use a standing desk.
Some are all wooden, while others have a metal frame. Others are manually adjustable while others use pneumatics or an electric motor to effortlessly change the height.
Make sure you check out easy or difficult to adjust them before deciding which one to buy, especially if you plan on adjusting it several times throughout the workday.
A lot of the wooden standing desk riser options are made out of manufactured wood, but solid wood options are made out of high-quality wood.
This can be great for long term use and an exotic or elegant design and style. While they are more expensive, they also offer warranties and other benefits and features that you may find is worth the increase in cost.
There are tons of different woods to choose from as well, including oak, walnut, cherry, maple, bamboo, and more.
How Do Wooden Standing Desk Converters Work?
A wooden standing desk converter will sit on your desk and offer you a higher raised desktop platform so that you can stand while you complete tasks on your computer.
Some will also adjust low enough to work at the desk while sitting. They are durable and strong as long as they are kept in decent conditions and will usually last years.
Some adjustable types work by moving the entire desktop platform up and down on the notches given.
Others adjust up and down utilizing a metal frame and moving parts.
Either way, this type can allow you to change between the relaxing comfort of sitting with the energizing and healthy standing for the perfect combination for well-being and productivity.
What to Look for in the Best Wooden Standing Desk Converters?
There are some things to keep in mind as you shop for a standing desk converter.
First, the height of the desk converter is crucial to its functionality and the comfort of you, the user.
One that goes the right height for you to comfortably see the monitor screen and to use a keyboard in an ergonomically optimal position is what you want.
You may also want it to go low enough to sit while working comfortably.
The adjustability, or lack thereof, may also be important. If you are wanting to go from sitting to standing and back again throughout the workday, make sure that you find one that adjusts easily enough.
The type of wood and the way it is utilized can also make a huge difference.
First, the type of wood as well as the quality, grain, and other factors can change the appearance quite a bit.
Also, the wooden construction can be a factor in the durability of the desk riser. You may also want to find one that has the right wood color that you want with your standing desk converter.
All wooden options range a lot in price and stability. Some of the cheaper options are more likely to wobble or be unable to support a weight imbalance.
Be sure to keep this in mind. If you plan on using the desk converter for a long time, then choose a good quality wood that will offer strength and durability through years of use.
Read More >> Best Anti-Fatigue Mats (2021 Review)
Best Wooden Standing Desk Converters
- Trustworthy: FEZIBO Standing Desk Converter after three years of constant iteration. Both the home office rising experience and quality of the products are trustworthy
- Adjustable Lift: The brake system is controlled by a pneumatic spring to adjust different tabletop heights, allowing ergonomic working positions from sitting to standing
This reasonably priced, stylish metal framed, wooden desktop desk converter has a pneumatic system for adjustment and comes in three color options as well as four different sizes.
It also has two different levels, one for the monitor and one as a keyboard tray. Also it is made out of higher quality materials than the price suggests.
- Pneumatic adjustment
- Color and size options
- Two tier
- No rubber feet so may slide
- Only goes down to 6.3 inches
- Wood is laminate, not solid wood
#2 No products found.
No products found.
This completely wooden converter is made out of bamboo materials for a durable, strong, and study construction.
It has 6 different heights from 9.4 to 18.1 inches. It has two shelves and each one can hold up to 11 pounds. Even comes in four different size options.
- Bamboo wood material
- Two tiers
- Four different size options
- Manually adjustable with 6 height options
- May wobble slightly
- 11 pound weight limit on each tier
- ✅ ELECTRIC POWERED – Easily adjust your desk riser from a sitting to a standing position in seconds. With fully electric power and no stopping points, you can adjust the riser to whatever position fits your work space best with ease and comfort. Height is adjustable up to 20”. Push button ease of use to raise and lower your work surface.
- ✅ HIGHEST QUALITY - These risers boast a high quality, high pressure WilsonArt laminate. High-density fiberboard surface is scratch and dirt resistant. Exceptional strength frame ensures years of durability.
This maple desk converter is electric powered for adjustment up to 20 inches. It is made of the highest quality materials including engineered wood for scratch and dirt resistance and a steel frame.
With the ability to even hold up to 80 pounds with two spacious tiers and has wire management grommets and a USB port.
- Strong with 80 pound weight limit
- USB port, wire management groomers, and other features
- Electric adjustment
- More expensive than other options
- Keyboard tray isn’t very deep
- [STANDUP DESK CONVERTER] - Turn any table or desk instantaneously into a standing computer desk with our Double Wide Upstanding Desk. The fully adjustable design is lightweight, stylish and durable. The perfect lift desk for use as stand up desks for home office.
- [PORTABLE STANDING DESK] - Take your computer workstation where ever you go with our easy to assemble, no tools required, foldable desk. Whether working in a bedroom, home office, or working at your kitchen table, the 5 piece portable desk can follow you anywhere you choose to work.
This wood converter is made out of 100 percent Baltic birch for a fantastic design and is available in two sizes. It is easy to break down and has two tiers that you can place in several height options.
The converter is incredibly sturdy, even with heavy items and comes with a 1 year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
- Made out of solid baltic birch
- Two tiers
- Sturdy with 1 year warranty
- Not adjustable without taking things off of the desktop
- Wide construction
- May not support many heavy items
- Create Instant Active Standing - VIVO’s desk riser provides on-demand standing throughout the day for the freedom to get out of your chair and relieve muscle tension, reduce stress, and increase productivity. --Patented--
- Spacious 36" Surface - The 36” x 22” desktop provides room for single and dual monitor/laptop setups. The 25" x 10.5" keyboard tray raises in sync with the top surface to create a comfortable workstation.
This adjustable standing desk converter has two tiers and can support up to 33 pounds. It also adjusts from 6.5 to 17 inches in height using a pneumatic system.
Vivo converter comes in a variety of colors to suit your personal taste and even has a three year warranty.
- Beautiful colors and design
- Pneumatic adjustment from 6.5 to 17 inches
- Two tiers
- May wobble at higher settings
- Only goes down to 6.5 inches
- Can be difficult to adjust when heavy materials are on top
Final Thoughts on Wooden Standing Desk Converters
There are some fantastic options when it comes to standing desk converters made out of wood and tons of different styles and types to choose from.
Make sure to pick one that adjusts if you plan on alternating between standing and sitting often.
You may also want to look for one that has the wooden elements you want since many options only have desktops made out of wood. Regardless of what you are looking for, there should be good, high-quality choices available.
Last update on 2022-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API