Any standing desk can increase your productivity, but your phone or other device may die if you purchase one that does not have a USB port. There are a lot of options that have electrical outlets so you can continue to work without having to charge your devices.
This article will go over:
- Our top 5 standing desks that you can plug your phone or tablet into
- How they work
- What to look for when deciding on the best one
Let’s get started!
Our Top 5 Standing Desks with USB Ports
- AVIX Manager Series Dual Motor Electric Standing Desk (Our Top Pick)
- Bestier Crank Stand Up Desk with USB Ports and Outlet (Best Budget)
- Seville Classics AIRLIFT Tempered Glass Electric Standing Desk (Best High End)
- Motionwise Electric Standing Desk
- CO-Z Height Adjustable Computer Desk with USB Charging Station
What are Standing Desks with USB Ports?
Standing desks are a great way to reduce the amount of time you spend sitting. A lot of them are electronic and adjust with the touch of a button. However, a three prong outlet isn’t sufficient these days. Now, we need access to USB ports for our phones, tablets, and other devices. Thankfully, there are standing desks that have USB ports built in to them.
With a USB port included in your desk, you won’t have to stop working to locate an empty one. Since the desk needs to be plugged in, you will use up an entire outlet with the desk plugged in as well. It is aggravating to have the need to unplug your computer, or a mouse from your computer, just to charge a separate device.
Some of the standing desks have electrical outlets in addition to the USB port as well. This can give you an extra plug for a printer, a fan, or another device. Also, you won’t have so many long cables getting in your way!
Watch this video to learn how to add a USB port to your existing standing desk!
What are the Different Types of Standing Desks with USB Ports?
There are a few different types of standing desks with USB ports that you should be aware of based on the number and type of ports.
This is by far the most common type of port you will find on desks and is used for all sorts of electronic devices. Most modern phones and tablets use them to charge so it is important to have one near your work area.
USB Other Types
There are tons of other types of USB ports that are found on standing desks. Most desks only have Type-A ports, but it is possible to find desks that have Type-B and Type-C ports as well.
Single USB Port
Some standing desks only have one USB port. This may be plenty for some people. However, a lot of people require more. It is also best to get more than you need right now just in case you need more in the future.
Some standing desks have multiple ports. This can be more than one USB port, sometimes of different types. It may also be a combination of USB ports with regular two or three prong electrical outlets.
How Do Standing Desks with USB Ports Work?
A standing desk with a USB port will allow you to use one outlet for the desk and your devices. The electricity will let you effortlessly adjust the desk to your desired height while simultaneously providing you with the charge you need to continue working.
They can also help you manage your cables. If you are plugging everything in to the same outlet you will probably need a power strip. This will cause you to have annoying cables everywhere.
They can get tangled and be an eyesore. Instead, you could have a USB port or even an electrical outlet in your desk. This can make cable management significantly easier.
What to Look for in the Best Standing Desk with USB Ports?
In addition to the size of the desk, type of port, and affordability, there are a couple of other things you should check before making a decision on which one you want to buy.
One thing that is important to look at is the location of the USB port. You should make sure that it is in a spot that works well for you. This is especially true if you want to use a device while it is plugged in. You don’t want the cable going across your work area or being in a hard to reach spot.
Desks that have multiple ports sometimes have them in the same location. Others have them in different spots which may make cable management easier - so keep this in mind while shopping.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Wood Standing Desks (2021 Review)
The number of USB ports may also be important to you. If you have multiple devices that you can plug into them, you should definitely get a desk with multiple ports. You should also keep in mind your regular electrical outlet needs since there are some desks that have outlets as well.
Some standing desks have the USB ports on the top. This may be good for some people, but keep in mind that the cables may get in the way. If you need the entire desktop space, it is probably best to buy a desk that has the USB port on the side or front.
Best Standing Desks with USB Ports Reviewed
- SILENT & STABLE HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT: Designed to provide an undistruptive electric lift, this standing desk offers adjustments of any desired height from 28" to 48". Includes up to 4 pre-set height options for easy adjusting.
- SPACIOUS WORK AREA: Measures at a functional 30" by 60" working area to ensure ample space for a desktop computer, speakers, and plenty of work desk décor to create an ideal work environment.
This desk has a dual motor system for smooth and quick adjustability from 28” to 48” It also has a gorgeous design and the USB port is located on the side of the adjustability keypad. The AVIX Manager Series Dual Motor Electric Standing Desk also has wire management grommets and you can get it in your choice of white or walnut.
- Height range
- Dual motors
- Large 60” desktop
- One USB port
- Slight wobble
- Difficult assembly
- 【Healthier and Easier Lifestyle】Suffer from neck pain, back ache, obesity due to sitting all day? It’s time for you to choose Bestier Crank Sit-Stand office computer desk and change into a healthier and more productive way. With smooth and quite crank spinning, effortlessly achieve perfect sit/stand balance throughout your entire workday.
- 【Outlet and USB Port】Distinctive from other crank standing desks, this office desk features a socket of 1 outlet and 2 USB ports, helping you improve your working/studying efficiency. No longer worry about short wires and conveniently keep computer, cellphone, table stamp or anything that needs charging within reach.
This desk isn’t electronically adjustable like most desks that have USB ports. The hand crank system operates easily and the crank itself is retractable. It has two USB ports plus an electric outlet. It has a height range of 29” to 46” and you can install the crank on either side. It has a 100 lb weight limit. You can also upgrade it and have an additional electric outlet.
- Two USB ports plus electric outlet
- Height range
- Hand crank adjustable
- 100 lb weight limit
- TEMPERED GLASS TABLE TOP - Work in style on a modern glass desk top. Black glass top finished with a beveled edge for a deep, beautiful work surface.
- POWERFUL DUAL MOTORS - Two-section legs allow the desk to descend as low as 29 inches and rise to a height of 47 inches high at a quick and quiet and fast 1.5 inches per second.
This desk has a powerful dual motor system that adjusts at 1.5 inches per second and has a weight limit of 160 lbs. It has two type-a USB ports and also has a drawer and programmable memory buttons. It has a modern stylish design and 29” to 47” adjustable.
- 160 lb weight limit
- 1.5 inches per second adjustability
- Height range
- Scratches easily
- Difficult assembly
- Desk can be assembled in as little as 10 minutes
- Surface: 24-inches by 48-inches
This desk comes in four different colors and has a 28” to 48” height range. It has a single USB port on the side of the keypad. Dual motors give this desk an amazing 200 lb weight limit. The motors have a 2 year warranty and the desktop has a 5 year warranty.
- 200 lb weight limit
- Height range
- One USB port
- Slow adjusting
- STUDY, WORK, & LIVE BETTER: This expansive CO-Z 48x24 inch white computer desk easily and quietly adjusts to anywhere between 27.5 and 45.3 inches in height, allowing you to alternate between convenient sitting and beneficial standing to work, study, and live in better health.
- TOTAL CONTROL: Our smart stand-up desk features a built-in LED control panel for easy and precise manual control and preset keys allowing you to store your 3 favorite heights; the 70W electric motor provides smooth but whisper-quiet operation, running less than 50 db even under full load.
This desk comes in your choice of two colors and two sizes and has a fast 1 inch per second adjustability. The motor is quiet and the desk can hold up to 220 lbs. It also has 2 USB ports and an electric outlet. It has a height range of 27.5” to 45.3”
- 220 lb weight limit
- 2 USB ports plus electric outlet
- Adjusts fast and quiet
- Hard to understand instructions
- May wobble
Final Thoughts on Standing Desk with USB Ports
These days, we have so many devices that require USB ports. It is a good idea to buy a standing desk that already has them built in. This can help with cable management and keep you from worrying about switching out things you have to plug in. There are tons of options for desks that have outlets built in to them at almost every price range!
Last update on 2021-07-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API