Interested in learning about the best wrap-around standing desks? In this product review guide, I will go over...
- My pick for the ideal wrap-around standing desk to meet most people's needs
- Why a wrap-around standing desk may be a good option for you
- What to look for to choose the best wrap-around standing desk to meet your needs
Let’s get started!
Our Top # Wrap-Around Standing Desk?
What Are Wrap-Around Standing Desk?
Wrap-around standing desks have an indentation at the center of the desk or workspaces that extends on either side of you to provide a more ergonomic workspace and to enable you to be fully immersed in your work.
What Are The Different Types of Wrap-Around Standing Desk?
There are three primary different kinds of wraparound standing desks for you to choose from. Each comes with its own advantages and disadvantages and may work better than another depending on your needs:
- Rising desk. Rising wraparound standing desks lift the entire desk, enabling you to have all of the items that you need at the same height.
- Desk topper. Desk topper wrap-around standing desks fit on top of a desk you already have, enabling you to lift or lower your work surface as desired while leaving the rest of the desk in place. They are more portable than other options.
- Integrated wrap-around standing desk. Integrated wrap-around standing desks have one portion of the desk that can be raised and lowered while the rest of the desk remains at a consistent height.
How Does a Wrap-Around Standing Desk Work?
Wrap-around standing desks work by raising or lowering with a motorized or pneumatic mechanism. Sometimes you will need to employ some level of strength to raise or lower the desk while other times it is effortless with a push of a button. Many wrap-around standing desks have removable keyboard trays, particularly those that fit on top of an existing desk.
Here’s what you need to know about how to use a standing desk properly: https://youtu.be/iPFUKbipJHs?t=1
What to Look For In The Best Wrap-Around Standing Desk?
- Weight support. You need a wrap-around standing desk that can hold as much weight as necessary for all of your equipment.
- Ease of raising and lowering. Some standing desks are easier to raise or lower than others, so be careful to pick one that is easier if you are worried about being strong enough to move it comfortably.
- Height accommodation. Choose a standing desk that will accommodate your height by carefully examining how high and low they are able to go.
Best Wrap-Around Standing Desk Reviewed
If you want an entire desk to raise and lower rather than a desktop topper or just a portion of the desk, this may be the one for you. The table wraps around slightly on both sides to provide easy access and an ergonomic fit without taking up too much room.
You can choose between three custom heights from 26.7 to 46.6 in. The extensive work surface is 55 in long, giving you plenty of room for whatever monitors, laptops, and work materials you need.
This desk comes with a 5-year warranty on the motor and other mechanisms and a one-year warranty for the frame, switch, controller, and electronics so you can feel confident about your purchase. It comes in two attractive colors that will likely work well in any space: French oak grey and rustic brown.
- Customized height presets at a range of different heights
- Large work surface enables you to have everything that you need on one convenient desk
- Easy to raise and lower the table without a lot of strength
- If screws are tightened all the way they will leave dents in the table
- Exposed wood on the underside
This straightforward wrap-around standing desk comes in a number of widths between 28 in and 42 in so that you can choose just the right size for you.The high-powered gas springs provide a stable and smooth operation from 4.7 to 19.7 in.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Standing Desk Risers (2021 Review)
This desk is made with a heavy-duty steel frame that can hold up to 33 lb on the desktop surface and 4.4 pounds on the keyboard tray. It is easy to remove the keyboard tray with a quick-release lever so that you can utilize the wrap-around desk for typing on your laptop.
- Easily detachable keyboard tray
- Choose from any height between 4.7 to 19.7 in
- Choose from a range of widths
- Doesn't work as well for short people when in the seated position
- Could use more space on the desktop when the keyboard tray is removed
This is a complete desk and hutch that looks very attractive in any home or office workspace. If you've been struggling with tabletop standing desk risers that don't look integrated with your existing desk, you'll love the look of this desk.
The standing desk portion is integrated into one portion of the desk and can easily rise and lock at three separate standing positions or be used when you are seated. The other side of the desk works well as a seated desk and is also perfect to set things on when you are using the standing desk.
This desk includes a hutch with cubby shelves and full-extension file drawers that have ball bearings to make it very easy to slide out even when it's heavy with files. Choose between Harvest Cherry and Espresso Oak color that will look good with just about any decor. You can also choose between a 60-inch wide desk in a 72-inch wide option.
- Complete integrated desk looks very nice in just about any space
- Standing desk portion rests smoothly when in the seated position, eliminating the extra height that often comes with desks that sit on top of an existing desk
- Come with additional storage in the hutch shelves and pull out drawers
- Only one desk portion can rise, which can be frustrating if you want to use the wrap-around feature for multiple monitors
- Does not have exceptionally high-quality wood
This standing desk riser can make any desk into a wrap-around standing desk. It works well either for supporting monitors or a laptop. It's easy to adjust it up and down simply by squeezing handles on either side and pulling the desktop up or down as desired.
Read More >> Top 5 Best Standing Desk Kits (2021 Review)
It's made of high-quality wood along with rust-proof metal brackets so that it will remain sturdy for many years to come. It can hold up to 44.1 pounds, which is sufficient for most monitors and laptop computers along with a few accessories.
There is a detachable keyboard tray that can be removed when you don't want to use it. The standing desk has a U shape that enables it to wrap around your body for very ergonomic use. The keyboard tray is indented to give you a bit more room and still enable the use of the wrap-around desk. The classic wood appearance fits well with just about any existing desk.
- Works with just about any existing desk
- Strong enough and wide enough to support two monitors or a laptop and a monitor
- Convenient detachable keyboard tray
- Some people find it difficult to raise and lower
- Detachable keyboard tray and be somewhat difficult to detach and attach
This little standing desk can fit on any existing desk to give you a wrap-around standing experience. The U-shape enables you to be as close to your screens as you'd like. A 36 by 22-inch desktop surface offers as much room as you need for dual monitors or a laptop.
Dual gas spring force can lift up to 33 problems effortlessly. You can adjust the height to wherever you want it to be with the simple height locking mechanism. This little desk is ready to go almost out of the box, so it won't take too much time to set up.
You can easily remove the keyboard when desired to give you easier access when typing on a laptop. It comes with a three-year manufacturer warranty and helpful technicians are available for any problems that you may encounter.
- Ergonomic design wraps around and gives you plenty of support for your elbows when typing
- Spacious desktop surface can fit several monitors or a monitor and a laptop
- Adjust at any height you like from 6 in to 17 in
- Keyboard tray is a bit narrow for using a mouse
- Does not get tall enough for very tall people
Final Thoughts On Wrap-Around Standing Desk
Wrap-around standing desks provide you with easier access to your work equipment and a more ergonomic fit than desks that do not wrap around may provide. Think carefully about your needs in choosing a desk topper, a full-size rising desk, or an integrated desk, and you are likely to choose the ideal version for your needs.