Why the best corner standing desk converters?
Well, if you have an l-shaped desk in your office, then a regular standing desk converter may not make a whole lotta sense.
Instead, you can get one that fits into the crevice where the walls meet and points in the right direction for ease of use.
This article includes:
- The top 5 best corner standing desks and their pros and cons
- What they are and how they work for your health and productivity
- What to look for in products to make sure you choose the best
Best Corner Standing Desk Converters
What are Corner Standing Desk Converters?
A corner standing desk converter is shaped with a curve so that it fits into the corner of your office.
This couples perfectly with l-shaped or u-shaped desks that are located in the corner of a room.
Which also allows you to use the space differently because the desk riser will face you at the 90 degree angle of the existing desk. This is preferable for a lot of people.
Read More >> Best White Standing Desk Converters (2021 Review)
Plus, you can keep your existing desk and the organized area that you already use.
This makes it easier than buying a whole new standing desk and taking your existing desk out of here. Who likes doing all that work?
Also, check out this video about making your own l-shaped desk to use with your new corner desk riser!
What are the Different Types of Corner Standing Desk Converters?
There are several different types of standing desk converters designed to work in a corner.
Including non-adjustable, adjustable, two tier, compact, and dual monitors to keep in mind. Let’s look at the features of each unique type.
Non-adjustable options are great for a few different reasons. First non-adjustable options are affordable .
They also allow you to stand in the corner of your desk if you have a sitting area in another portion.
These also fit easily in a corner and are set to a fixed height, so make sure that they are at a good height for you.
Adjustable options are healthier because the best way to use a standing desk is to alternate between sitting and standing regularly throughout the workday.
Some are manually adjustable, which can be affordable but also more difficult to do often.
Then there are pneumatic ones that work really well and are a huge step above manually adjustable.
Finally, electric options raise and lower at the touch of a button.
Read More >> Best Tall Standing Desk Converters (2022 Review)
This type has two separate desktop surfaces so that you can stand more ergonomically.
Your monitor(s) can go on the upper portion while your hands rest comfortably on the keyboard located on the lower tier.
This also allows a little more room for other materials in a lot of products.
This type can fit into a small corner. This is a good option for those people who use a corner cubicle at work.
Many are also mobile, which can be useful if you work in multiple areas like at an office and at home. They may even have handles for mobility.
Compact options are also smaller and use less materials, which means they may be cheaper than other types.
This type is great for those who want to use two monitors in the corner of their office. Some have monitor arms to raise up the monitors.
Other options just have a larger desktop surface so multiple monitors can easily fit. There are also options for triple monitor setups that you may want to keep in mind.
How Do Corner Standing Desk Converters Work?
A standing desk converter will sit on top of your existing desk, but the most common style is rectangular.
This does not necessarily look the best in the corner. A corner option saves space by fitting comfortably into the right angle.
In addition, the corner shape may be better for hiding cords and plugs that are behind the desk riser.
There are tons of different styles and designs available. Some save more space or have more storage than others.
The corner portions of different ones are also shaped different. There are some right angle ones that fit exactly into a corner, but most have a trapezoidal shape instead.
There are also curved ones that form an obtuse u-shape. Depending on the space available and the size and shape of your existing desk, any of these shapes could be the best option for you.
What to Look for in the Best Corner Standing Desk Converters?
Surely you want the best corner desk riser that you can find (as long as it doesn’t break the bank of course). Keeping some specific things in mind can help a lot.
First, size is crucial. They range from compact to extra large and depending on the existing l-shaped desk that you have, some may be too small or large to fit comfortably in the corner.
Make sure that it will hold the materials that you need and leave the space you want on the corner desk surface.
Cable management is important for any desk or desk converter, but a corner sometimes only has plugs on either side.
Having cable management options can hide those annoying wires behind the desk converter and out of the way of your hands and materials.
If you choose an option with a keyboard tray or lower tier, then you need to make sure that it does not extend outward too far.
Even if the corner desk converter fits on top of the desktop surface, some will extend the keyboard tray out when raised.
This could take additional space away from either the desktop or sitting and standing area.
Finally, the size of your monitor in relation to the corner is crucial. Since monitors are either rectangular or slightly curved, they may hit the walls if the corner desk riser is too far back.
Take this into consideration to ensure that it will actually work so that you can see the monitor while the desk converter is in an ergonomically comfortable position.
Best Corner Standing Desk Converters
- IDEAL FOR CUBICLES AND L-SHAPED DESKS: The X-Elite Pro Corner is a standing desk converter with angled edges that fits perfectly into corners, cubicles and on L-shaped desks
- HUGE ONE-LEVEL SURFACE: The large desk riser provides approximately 5 square feet of space that can accommodate a two-monitor setup as well as a mouse, keyboard, coffee mug, and more
This large corner standing desk riser has angled edges designed for l-shaped desks.
The desktop surface is large with around 5 square feet of space, perfect for multiple monitors and other materials.
It is sturdy and easy to raise and lower using pneumatics. Also adjustable from 2.25 to 16.75 inches in height and comes in multiple color options.
- Pneumatic adjustment from 2.25 to 16.75 inches
- Large surface area
- Very sturdy and durable
- 20 pound weight limit
- Shallow keyboard tray
- Takes some effort to adjust
- VIVO Corner Desk Riser - We create affordable ergonomic setups designed with creativity and quality to help transform your unique workspace! This corner riser allows you to find the healthy balance between sitting and standing at your corner desk or cubicle station. --Patented--
- Quick Transition - Simple and fast transitions are important for productivity and concentration, and this model achieves it with a durable pneumatic spring. Desk moves smoothly straight up and down with height adjustment range from 4.7" to 16".
The Vivo corner desk riser is adjustable using pneumatics and extends from 4.7 to 16 inches.
It has a large 37 x 19 inch desktop and a keyboard tray. The converter is well-made and durable with a 33 pound weight limit.
It is also very affordable and even comes with a 3 year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Pneumatic adjustment from 4.7 to 16 inches
- Large desktop surface
- Reasonable price
- Only goes down to 4.7 inches
- May not be good for very tall people
- May wobble a little
- Electric Powered – VERSADESK desk converter is covered by US Patent No; US 10413055 B2; Holds 80 lbs; Adjust your desk converter from a sitting to a standing position in seconds; With fully electric power and no stopping points, you can adjust the riser to the height position you are comfortable with; Height is adjustable up to 20”
- VersaDesk stand up desk converter are available in four colors: black, cherry, maple and white
This corner desk riser is large enough to hold two monitors and also has a keyboard tray. It can raise and lower using an electric motor while simultaneously holding up to 80 pounds.
With a high-quality design and construction with 12g Powder coated carbon steel. It also comes in 4 different color options.
Also has a USB port and grommets, which can help with cable management.
- Sturdy with 80 pound weight limit
- Electric adjustment up to 20 inches
- USB port, keyboard tray, and cable management grommets
- More expensive than other options
- Narrow keyboard tray
- Very heavy
#4 No products found.
No products found.
This corner desk riser comes in four sizes to fit on top of different sizes of l-shaped desks. It has 12 different height levels and adjusts with a smooth motion.
This converter has a full size keyboard tray that can also be removed if you prefer. Also comes with a 30 day risk free guarantee and a 5 year warranty.
- Smooth adjustment
- Full size keyboard tray
- Different size options
- 35 pound weight limit
- Doesn’t lay flat for sitting
- Rubber pads on the feet falls of easily
#5 Rocelco 46
- EXTRA LARGE WORK SURFACE: 45.5" wide by 23.25" deep desktop designed for corner desktops can hold up to two 32" monitors and 40" wide by 13" deep keyboard tray will hold a laptop if needed.
- QUICK, EASY AND STABLE HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT DESIGN: Sturdy metal frame with easy-grip side handle and gas piston assist, can raise and lower up to 40 pounds with continuous height adjustment from 5" up to 18" above desktop to optimize the ergonomic work position for people of most heights. Straight up and down motion minimizes required depth (23.25").
This corner desk riser has a large desktop and a full sized keyboard tray. It is also strong and sturdy and can hold up to 40 pounds.
Adjustable from 5 to 18 inches in height using a smooth pneumatic system.
With space between the keyboard tray and desktop for comfortable typing and also comes with a 1 year warranty.
- Smooth pneumatic adjustment from 5 to 18 inches
- Strong with 40 pound weight limit
- Great customer service
- Very heavy
- Only lowers to 5 inches
- Some edges can be sharp
Final Thoughts on Corner Standing Desk Converters
There are a lot of great desk converters that work with l-shaped desks.
They come in all different sizes, shapes, and styles so you can find one that you like for the price you love.
There are five great options mentioned in this article and many more that you can look through yourself. Good luck!
Last update on 2022-12-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API