Gaming desk accessories are actually of great use!!
Having a gaming desk can be an advantage for comfort and competition, but there are plenty of ways that you can improve your gaming area like gaming desk accessories.
There are tons of different products that can add flair or functionality to your desk.
This article covers:
- The best gaming desk accessories and their pros and cons
- All the unique types of accessories to choose from and how they work
- What to look for when choosing the accessories for your gaming area
Best Gaming Desk Accessories
- Havit RGB Gaming Mouse Pad & Headset Stand Combo Set (Best Overall)
- ZUUKOO LIGHT Smart LED Light Bar (Best Lighting)
- rnairni Extended RGB Gaming Mouse Pad (Best Mouse Pad)
- Blade Hawks RGB Headphone Stand (Best Headset Stand)
- NTONPOWER Surge Protector Tower Flat Plug (Best Charging Station)
What are Gaming Desk Accessories?
Gaming desk accessories are any products that can go along with your gaming desk. Adding accessories to your gaming desk and the area around it can be beneficial in a number of ways.
Some of them add comfort or improve the ambiance. Others may help you focus and immerse yourself in your game. All of them personalize your desk.
Since there are tons of different types to choose from, it is best to start with the different types.
Read More >> Top 5 Best U Shaped Gaming Desks (2021 Review)
However, you should also check out this video about DIY strategies for adding flair to your gaming desk and area:
What are the Different Types of Gaming Desk Accessories?
There are tons of different accessories.
While we can’t cover every single specific type of gaming accessory, we can cover all the most common types and the benefits that they can offer.
From monitor arms to keyboard trays, cable management to mousepads, and everything in between, here are the different types that you may want to consider adding to your gaming table.
So there are tons of different types of lighting options. Some that lighten the entire area and others that only add lights as an aesthetic.
RGB LED lights are popular because they can change into thousands of different color combinations.
Read More >> Best Gaming Desks With LED Lights
Some gamers also light backlights, keyboard lights, and other lighting to improve the atmosphere of their gaming area.
There are also mouse pads that can extend across the entire desktop surface.
They are durable and often have interesting designs and styles that appeal to the gamer persona.
There are tons to choose from and they all can improve the functionality of your desk for computer gaming.
Read more >> How to Flatten a Desk Mat
This is a popular choice because it holds your expensive headset up and protects it.
Which also clears up space on your desk and makes the entire area look cleaner and more organized.
Some of them also have other features included like lighting or decoration utilizing your favorite video game characters.
This is a great accessory because it allows you to plug all of your accessories, gaming consoles, CPUs, and lighting into a single column or bar.
Many of them also offer wireless charging, lighting, decoration, USB ports, and more that may help you free up clutter and stay on top of your cable management.
This brings us to our next type of accessory.
There are a lot of different types of cable management that can help you clear away annoying cords and splayed wires.
Cable management comes as sleeves, clips, trays, and more that you may find useful to keep your entire gaming area cleaner and more functional.
Some gaming desks already come with keyboard trays, but if not this can be a great way to add more space to the desktop.
Many of them pull out so that they do not get in the way when you are not using the keyboard. Some even offer tilt and other ergonomic adjustments that can increase your comfort and improve your health.
Read More >> How to Install a Keyboard Tray on a Standing Desk?
A lot of gamers like to keep their monitor screen higher and free up a lot of space on their desktop surface.
There are monitor arms that can attach to your gaming desk to lift the monitor up and also stands that can secure the monitor at a higher spot.
This accessory goes underneath your desk to hold your feet up and provide a comfy material for them to rest on.
Also some are designed for standing gaming desks as well as others that can connect to a gaming chair.
There are plenty of other types of accessory products that you may want to consider.
Like cup holders, controller stands, gaming chairs, mouse, keyboards, and a whole lot more.
Read More >> Best Gaming Chairs with Cup Holders (2021 Review)
We didn’t include gaming chairs or mouse because we have dedicated articles for those types of accessories.
Finally, we just have decorations that do not necessarily add function, but can add personality to your area.
This could be plants, figurines, artwork, posters, pictures, or anything else that can decorate the area and make it personal and unique.
How Do Gaming Desk Accessories Work?
Gaming desk accessories work depending on the specific type of accessory. Some will make it easier to make a distinct area for your gaming while others will help you save space.
There are also some that increase your comfort or provide organization to a cluttered gaming space.
Read More >> How to Clean a Gaming Chair
The types of gaming desk accessories that work for me, might not work well for you. So how do you decide which accessories can add to your gaming experience and which ones will be a waste of money?
What to Look for in the Best Gaming Desk Accessories?
There are a lot of things to look for with gaming desk accessories in general or with specific types.
First, consider how much you will actually use the accessory.
A lot of gamers spend hundreds of dollars on decorations they never pay attention to, cable management that goes unnoticed, lighting that's always off, or headset stands that never hold headphones.
Just make sure that you will actually want to use the accessory that you purchase.
Another thing to keep in mind is the style.
While a lot of them can add functionality that can be beneficial, some accessories may not fit well with your color scheme, style, and design.
Read More >> Best Anime Gaming Chairs (2021 Review)
This also goes for the size.
If you get a mousepad that doesn’t fit on your desk or a charging station that takes up too much space, then it probably wasn’t a good purchase.
Finally, you will want to make sure that the accessory will work with your desk. Not all monitor arms work with all desks.
The same goes for clip-on cup holders, keyboards trays, cable management solutions, and more.
Just make sure that the accessory is designed to function with your specific desk.
Best Gaming Desk Accessories
- 【RGB Mouse Pad and Headphones Holder】The gaming mouse pad features 7 static light modes and 7 dynamic modes and the headphone holder has 7 kinds of lighting color in 2 modes. RGB backlighting creates a cool gaming environment, perfect for pc gaming.
- 【Smooth Surface and Non-slip Base】The big mouse pad is made of super fiber and soft soft cloth surface with non-slip rubber base. The mousepad is with a perfect size (700mm x 285mm/ 27.56''x11.22'') that provides perfect movement space for PC games.
This is our best overall pick for gaming accessories because it is affordable and comes with high-quality RGB mouse pad and a headset holder.
Both come with lights that have a variety of different modes. The large 27.56” x 11..22” mouse pad is durable and has a non-slip bottom.
The headset stand has dual USB ports and can hold two separate headsets.
- Comes with mouse pad and headset holder
- RGB lighting
- Durable mouse pad with non-slip bottom
- Mouse pad may be too large for some desks
- No way to sync RGB lights
- Only bottom lights on headset stand can be changes
This LED light bar adds deep colors to your gaming area using 16 million colors with 19 dynamic modes.
The lights can react and dance to the beat of you music or gaming noises for an immersive and professional experience.
It is also easy to install and you can control it using your phone or other wireless device.
- 16 million colors and 19 modes
- Moves with music or gaming audio
- Wireless controls
- Takes some time to learn controls
- No equalizer for different colors with bass and treble sounds
- No connected charging port
- ①【Best Choice for Gamer】You can turn on the RGB light which will match up with RGB mechanical keyboard,cherry mx gaming keyboard and gaming mouse.Anti-slip base can firmly grip your desktop which ensure that every mouse movement translates into cursor movement, allowing you to enjoy the ultimate precision in the most passionate game.
- ②【Best Choice in Office】There are some mouse that can't be moved on a sleek desk, and you need a large mouse pad to cover your desk. This mouse pad is suitable for all wired/wireless mice, making your office more efficient. At the same time, you have a unique desktop in the office, you can turn off the light if you don't need the lighting function.
This mouse pad has RGB lights that can sync with RGB mechanical keyboards.
It has an anti-slip base and covers an area of 31.5” x 15.7”, plenty of room for most desktops.
The pad has 10 lighting modes using a USB cable as well and is durable and easy to clean. It is also available in a variety of different colors, styles, and designs.
- RGB lighting with 10 modes
- Durable material
- Different style options
- May slip on glass desks
- Takes time to lay flat after shipment
- Lights are dimmer than some other products
- RGB BACKLIT LIGHT: Blade Hawks RGB Headset stand features five lighting modes, including one RGB rolling subtitles light and four breathing lights, which can be changed by clicking the backlit button.The USB outpot only for PC
- 2 USB PORTS AND 1 AUX PORT: USB port supports plug and play, no drivers needed. Helping your keyboard, mouse, and rgb mouse pad to easily connect with the computer. You can also use the USB port to charge smartphones, tablets, USB fans and other smart USB devices.The PC headset stand's Aux port enables synchronous audio transmission, providing full range stereo sound
This headset stand has 5 lighting modes with backlit RGB light and even has subtitles light and breathing lights that can be changed with the touch of a button.
It also has a USB port and aux port. Stands 11.1 inches tall and is stable with a rubber base that does not slip or damage the desktop surface.
- Stable with rubber bottom
- USB and Aux ports
- RGB with 5 lighting modes
- Doesn’t work with some power sources
- Charging is slow
- Lights aren’t very bright
- Multiple Plug Tower Office Essentials- This desktop usb charging station equipped up to 8 AC outlets and 5 fast charging usb ports. Single USB charger can charge up to 2.4A, fit for cell phones, tablets, and more USB devices. 13A heavy duty extension cord rated 1625W, this vertical power strip can meet all your charging needs for home and office.
- Space Saver and Energy Saver - Unlike regular power strip, the vertical tower design provides sufficient space for each plug that saves space and declutter your workspace and home. The power charging station has independent switches each side and can be controlled separately. It does not need to plug and unplug the devices or appliances frequently, and it will not affect the normal operation of other devices.
While wireless chargers are getting more popular, we have found that this charging station works much better with faster charging and has a 6 ft cord to stretch to any wall outlet.
It has enough outlets for all your accessories and gaming equipment with both regular wall outlet types and USB ports.
- Fast charging
- Long cord
- Plenty of outlets
- No wireless charging
- Only USB and regular outlets (not USB-C, Micro USB, etc)
- No lighting/ plain tower design
Final Thoughts on Gaming Desk Accessories
Accessories can transform and personalize your gaming desk and the area around it.
They add comfort, function, and decoration to your gaming experience and create the atmosphere you want.
Whether you are looking for a cable and chagrin solution, a mouse pad surface, or lighting and décor, there are plenty of options available.
Last update on 2022-06-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API